MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru
 
cuong-nutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,613

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250









thieves

Just had my helmet and gloves stolen off my by bike at work. I always have my helmet locked but it looks like I didn't have my lock latched all the way this morning. Going to security now to see if the POS on camera.
__________________
250cc's of pure Nutz
Ninjette Stunt Life Stunt Ride
cuong-nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
thieves cuong-nutz Off Topic 10 03-08-2014 05:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
Repth
Keyboard Warrior
 
Repth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,947

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R









Sorry bud. That's why I always take mine with me. Not that I'm saying it's your fault, I'm just always worried.
__________________
"I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You end up getting dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
- George Bernard Shaw
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
Yillbs
Senior Member
 
Yillbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brenham
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 873

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6


Member Garage





I used to put a pack of smokes on my porch ( old apartment complex ), and some guys down the block a bit would always walk buy and take them. So one day I decided I was going to make sure they understood stealing was bad. So i put hydrochloric ( HCL ) adic, in between the plastic packaging, and the actual box ( not a lot, just enough to have them touch it when they put it into there pockets ). Sure enough, after doing it every day for a few days ( it soaks into the box within a few hours ), so you have to make sure you get them pretty quickly. anyhoo, i did it for a while and eventually they grabbed it, and burned the out of his hands. I knew who was stealing them based on the ambulance that showed up about 15 minutes later... all he had to do was wash his hands. Anyhoo, moral of the story, is yes, it's dangerous, yes, it's not morally right, but if they are going to steal, at least get them some karma on the side. The acid would burn the paint on your helmet if left on long enough, but there are hundreds of other things you could do to **ck with someone should you think they might steal from you.

__________________
lets be CIVIL!
Yillbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru
 
cuong-nutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,613

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250









It was an old beat up helmet but I guess this is going to have warm hands this winter.
__________________
250cc's of pure Nutz
Ninjette Stunt Life Stunt Ride
cuong-nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #5
Yillbs
Senior Member
 
Yillbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brenham
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 873

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
It was an old beat up helmet but I guess this is going to have warm hands this winter.
I've got a few laying around if you need one ( not sure if you just happen to only have on beat up helmet ), I've got a white one, and an HJC with one of those internal visors, both are a large. Free for a fellow person of being stolen from!
__________________
lets be CIVIL!
Yillbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
Repth
Keyboard Warrior
 
Repth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,947

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R









Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillbs View Post
I used to put a pack of smokes on my porch ( old apartment complex ), and some guys down the block a bit would always walk buy and take them. So one day I decided I was going to make sure they understood stealing was bad. So i put hydrochloric ( HCL ) adic, in between the plastic packaging, and the actual box ( not a lot, just enough to have them touch it when they put it into there pockets ). Sure enough, after doing it every day for a few days ( it soaks into the box within a few hours ), so you have to make sure you get them pretty quickly. anyhoo, i did it for a while and eventually they grabbed it, and burned the out of his hands. I knew who was stealing them based on the ambulance that showed up about 15 minutes later... all he had to do was wash his hands. Anyhoo, moral of the story, is yes, it's dangerous, yes, it's not morally right, but if they are going to steal, at least get them some karma on the side. The acid would burn the paint on your helmet if left on long enough, but there are hundreds of other things you could do to **ck with someone should you think they might steal from you.

My little sister is in college and she has a batshit crazy roommate who keeps stealing her expensive shampoo and conditioner and taking it to her boyfriend's apartment. The girl's boyfriend even told my sister that he thought it was odd that the girl kept showing up with new shampoo. I told my sister to put nair in the conditioner.
__________________
"I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You end up getting dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
- George Bernard Shaw
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #7
WbDDoT
Brazoria County Bikers
 
WbDDoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Freeport, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 478

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
1996 Yamaha YZ 125
1995 Suzuki GS600 Katana (Sold)
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
My little sister is in college and she has a batshit crazy roommate who keeps stealing her expensive shampoo and conditioner and taking it to her boyfriend's apartment. The girl's boyfriend even told my sister that he thought it was odd that the girl kept showing up with new shampoo. I told my sister to put nair in the conditioner.
Holy that would teach her !!! LMAO that would be epic!
WbDDoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
Yillbs
Senior Member
 
Yillbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brenham
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 873

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
My little sister is in college and she has a batshit crazy roommate who keeps stealing her expensive shampoo and conditioner and taking it to her boyfriend's apartment. The girl's boyfriend even told my sister that he thought it was odd that the girl kept showing up with new shampoo. I told my sister to put nair in the conditioner.
If everyone chipped in a dollar.. would it be worth to get this done, and / or recorded for our enjoyment ?
__________________
lets be CIVIL!
Yillbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #9
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,727

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillbs View Post
I've got a few laying around if you need one ( not sure if you just happen to only have on beat up helmet ), I've got a white one, and an HJC with one of those internal visors, both are a large. Free for a fellow person of being stolen from!
likewise, I have a brand new Lg blck/wht Scorpion Crackhead helmet....I think it's an EXO-700, maybe a 400. Worn once, still smells new. Don't wear it b/c I got a new helmet and never got around to ordering the XL pads. yours if you want/need it Cuong.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
Repth
Keyboard Warrior
 
Repth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,947

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R









Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillbs View Post
If everyone chipped in a dollar.. would it be worth to get this done, and / or recorded for our enjoyment ?
I already asked. She is a little concerned about the ramifications. I assured her that there is nothing wrong with putting nair in her own conditioner bottle. It's not like she's sabotaging the other girl's toiletries... She's sabotaging her own. That being said, graphic confirmation is doubtful.
__________________
"I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You end up getting dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
- George Bernard Shaw
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #11
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru
 
cuong-nutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,613

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250









thieves

Thanks for the offer guys! I have another scorpion to replace the current one. I'll just need to pick up a new set of winter glove. My summer gloves will have to suffice for now.
__________________
250cc's of pure Nutz
Ninjette Stunt Life Stunt Ride
cuong-nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #12
bdmpastx
The Cripple
 
bdmpastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,869

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR





I have always wondered why someone would leave a $7-800 helmets and $1-200 gloves just laying on a bike. I see it all the time, I wonder why there isn't more thefts.
__________________
My wheelchair doesn't have chicken strips
sigpic
bdmpastx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #13
image0r
T MoneY
 
image0r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land/Missouri City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 640

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R1
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike) SOLD
2009 Yamaha R6 SOLD

Member Garage


I have a few helmets for sale bro. Check the gear section. Get at me
image0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #14
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru
 
cuong-nutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,613

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250









Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I have always wondered why someone would leave a $7-800 helmets and $1-200 gloves just laying on a bike. I see it all the time, I wonder why there isn't more thefts.
There was another bike parked next to me with the helmet hanging on the rear peg that was untouched. I guess my dirty and scratched up helmet that looked locked was more appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by image0r View Post
I have a few helmets for sale bro. Check the gear section. Get at me
Yea I saw. Thanks though. I have my other one.
__________________
250cc's of pure Nutz
Ninjette Stunt Life Stunt Ride
cuong-nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #15
crazivi3tdude
Commander in Chief !!!
 
crazivi3tdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Anywhere
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 427

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Mongoose
C
B
R
1K






Send a message via AIM to crazivi3tdude
bro, sucks. not saying its your fault cause its your choice but leaving helmet locked or not on bike attracts thieves.
__________________
"We cant change the world unless we change ourselves"
_________________

Yes! my name is Ninja!!!
crazivi3tdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #16
BlueNinja650
Senior Member
 
BlueNinja650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 103

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS
2014 Kawasaki Ninja





Quote:
Originally Posted by WbDDoT View Post
Holy that would teach her !!! LMAO that would be epic!


Reminds me of this scene from Police Academy 2 :--)

BlueNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #17
WbDDoT
Brazoria County Bikers
 
WbDDoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Freeport, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 478

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
1996 Yamaha YZ 125
1995 Suzuki GS600 Katana (Sold)
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
likewise, I have a brand new Lg blck/wht Scorpion Crackhead helmet....I think it's an EXO-700, maybe a 400. Worn once, still smells new. Don't wear it b/c I got a new helmet and never got around to ordering the XL pads. yours if you want/need it Cuong.
For sale? Im in the market.
WbDDoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #18
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru
 
cuong-nutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 4,613

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250









Quote:
Originally Posted by crazivi3tdude View Post
bro, sucks. not saying its your fault cause its your choice but leaving helmet locked or not on bike attracts thieves.
Yeah, big shame on me for enticing them scum of the earth.
__________________
250cc's of pure Nutz
Ninjette Stunt Life Stunt Ride
cuong-nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #19
ZX-Dominance
Senior Member
 
ZX-Dominance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BCS
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,393

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1 (wifey)
2007 ZX-6R (track)
2008 Speed Triple White Knight (sold)
2008 CBR1000RR "Red Rocket"
2005 SV1000S (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
My little sister is in college and she has a batshit crazy roommate who keeps stealing her expensive shampoo and conditioner and taking it to her boyfriend's apartment. The girl's boyfriend even told my sister that he thought it was odd that the girl kept showing up with new shampoo. I told my sister to put nair in the conditioner.
I actually did this to my ex's roommate. Way-over-the-edge-psycho-.

The problem is that nair smell really overpowers the shampoo. We could only use a few squirts and mixed into the whole bottle, but she still ended up with a vastly different hairstyle the next week. She "just felt like it" hah. yuh
ZX-Dominance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #20
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,586

Experience: 10+ years











Now you know why I only ride naked.
Problem is - there's only one place to put the key - - - - but no one steels that either......
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy