Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|11-11-2014, 03:21 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
MotoGP Valencia test times Day 1
Lorenzo tops the time sheets on Monday whilst Alex Marquez rides a RC213V
MOVISTAR Yamaha MotoGP's Jorge Lorenzo topped the time-sheets on the first day of the Valencia test whilst new Moto3 World Champion Alex Marquez had his first taste of a premier class bike.
Lorenzo completed a lap time of 1:30.975 on his 21st lap of 45 whilst his team-mate Valentino Rossi tested various updates on the YZR-M1. Rossi ended fourth fastest, 0.275s off Lorenzo's time.
Speaking after day one, Lorenzo said: "I was very happy to do this test because the weather was very stable all day. There was no wind and this was good because we were able to do all the things we needed try.
"We tried a lot of things to reduce the weight, especially with the chassis, but it’s important to have the same feeling despite decreasing the weight. Other than that we worked on the setting and some other little things.
"I am satisfied because I rode the fastest lap time, even better than the times set this weekend during the Grand Prix. I didn’t ride a 1’30 before, so this means the bike is working well.”
Pol Espargaro set the second fastest lap time, 0.143s behind Lorenzo as Monster Yamaha Tech3 team-mate Bradley Smith finished in third.
After winning the 2014 Moto3 World Championship Marc Marquez's younger brother Alex received the amazing prize of riding Marc's Repsol Honda RC213V for a few laps in the test session giving us a taste of what is to come in the future.
Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso and new factory Ducati team-mate Andrea Iannone tested a similar package to that of the end of the 2014 season as their 2015 bike will be available from the Sepang testing after the winter break.
Cal Crutchlow and Jack Miller had their first ride of the new CWM LCR Honda finishing eighth and 22nd respectively on the time-sheets with Crutchlow on the RC213V, Miller on the 2014 Open Honda.
The Spanish Suzuki duo Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Vinales tested what has so far been a development project for the first time yesterday. Espargaro finished 14th, 1.34s off Lorenzo's pace whilst rookie Vinales finished in 17th.
NGM Forward Racing saw their team work on the chassis and suspension along with adapting their new riders, Stefan Bradl and Loris Baz, to the Forward- Yamaha package.
Bridgestone were also on hand to help teams cross-reference data by bringing the same tyre specifications used in the Valencia GP last weekend, the only difference being a slightly different spec harder rear tyre.
Day one test times:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1:30.975 21/45
2. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1:31.118 (+0.143) 45/493. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1:31.204 (+0.229) 34/59
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1:31.250 (+0.275) 32/42
5. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team 1:31.465 (+0.490) 34/39
6. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 1:31.602 (+0.627) 15/33
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team 1:31.644 (+0.669) 45/46
8. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda 1:31.847 (+0.872) 52/53
9. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Test Rider 1:32.054 (+1.079) 37/37
10. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing 1:32.146 (+1.171) 31/34
11. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing 1:32.190 (+1.215) 51/54
12. Stefan Bradl GER NGM Forward Racing 1:32.209 (+1.234) 48/50
13. Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Racing 1:32.314 (+1.339) 50/56
14. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki MotoGP 1:32.315 (+1.340) 35/40
15. Scott Redding GBR Marc VDS Racing Team 1:32.998 (+2.023) 28/36
16. Alex de Angelis RSM Octo IodaRacing 1:33.132 (+2.157) 53/56
17. Maverick Vinales ESP Team Suzuki MotoGP 1:33.268 (+2.293) 63/64
18. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1:33.446 (+2.471) 47/57
19. Mike di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing 1:33.594 (+2.619) 28/30
20. Loris Baz FRA NGM Forward Racing 1:33.834 (+2.859)51/55
21. Eugene Laverty IRL Drive M7 Aspar Honda 1:34.320 (+3.345) 38/45
22. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda 1:34.633 (+3.658) 57/61
23. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini 1:34.919 (+3.944) 2/14
24. Alex Hofmann GER Aprilia Test Rider 1:35.646 (+4.671) 18/26
25. Marco Melandri ITA Factory Aprilia Gresini 1:35.959 (+4.984) 7/9
26. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team 1:36.181 (+5.206) 10/12 27. Alex Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Tea 1:36.658 (+5.683)11/12
MotoGP 2014: Valencia race results
Crutchlow: Honda are the team to beat
Austin MotoGP test times - Day 2
MotoGP 2014: Championship standings after Phillip Island
MotoGP 2014: Championship standings after Valencia
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Valencia MOTOGP Test times||alrova||Taking it to the Track||14||10-31-2008 10:05 AM|