MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2014, 11:16 PM   #21
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I didnt even watch it. I was bored enough to come in here for comments but OP's taste in videos isnt that great
It was worth one minute, cop was billy badass.
TomballD is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VIDEO: The Race Line at MSRH Whoop Taking it to the Track 5 12-05-2013 10:16 AM
Video...lake Travis zip line flip326 Off Topic 9 07-31-2012 09:22 PM
Onboard video of race line? Metzzen1 Taking it to the Track 4 06-29-2009 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2014, 12:38 AM   #22
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

It is amazing how some ppl continuesly deffend cops behavior like this one.. if they cant take the job...quit the job..there is no justification for this..everybody lies..thats a fact of life...dont like it. Quit and move on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:48 AM   #23
kenup283

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Like it or not the cop was doing his job. And precisely to the level and manner with which he has been commissioned to do it.

The irony is that when people feel unsafe, the police, aren't doing enough. Then once they feel safe again, the same authority is doing too much. Same holds true for intelligence community and even military or any other collective protective force for that matter.

The difference in opinion is what or who do you fear and why.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #24
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Like it or not the cop was doing his job. And precisely to the level and manner with which he has been commissioned to do it.

Wait...what? Are you saying that our society has commissioned police officers to physically assault citizens? I understand the fear mongering in an attempt to get the guy to let him search, he obviously doesn't want to attempt to obtain a warrant that he may not be legally justified to get. I understand the cop thinks he's tough because he is abusing his position of authority, one that he's held since 1996 (no retirement for you !!!). I fail to understand how you believe his physical approach was justifiable in any manner.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #25
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:

The irony is that when people feel unsafe, the police, aren't doing enough. Then once they feel safe again, the same authority is doing too much. Same holds true for intelligence community and even military or any other collective protective force for that matter.

Hahahahaha

You're an idiot..
Old 11-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #26
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
Wait...what? Are you saying that our society has commissioned police officers to physically assault citizens? I understand the fear mongering in an attempt to get the guy to let him search, he obviously doesn't want to attempt to obtain a warrant that he may not be legally justified to get. I understand the cop thinks he's tough because he is abusing his position of authority, one that he's held since 1996 (no retirement for you !!!). I fail to understand how you believe his physical approach was justifiable in any manner.
Yep. The police state that is America is the perfect example of where the collective force has been given greater rights than the individuals who gave them their power.

In other words if you or I can't do it, than logically neither can a group of people. However, America does the opposite, they commission a collective force with greater powers than those of the individuals they are to protect and serve.

We further make fun of other countries who have weaker defenses while demanding ours to be tougher on crime and to stop crimes before they happen. The result is what you see here, just another example of what we all created for ourselves.

As far as this "physical" approach. A slap on the head does seem deserved for this kid. It just should've been his parents though and not the tax payers to administer it. After all the weakling gave up his keys anyway. He's not even willing to fight for his own rights, so yep expect that your going to loose them.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #27
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Mind Blown
Old 11-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #28
pigfarmer
Banned

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #29
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:

Ha ha! Go put on a power ranger suit and go to TWS (Texas World Speedway) and go wreck on turn1.

I kid
Old 11-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #30
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
Yep. The police state that is America is the perfect example of where the collective force has been given greater rights than the individuals who gave them their power.

In other words if you or I can't do it, than logically neither can a group of people. However, America does the opposite, they commission a collective force with greater powers than those of the individuals they are to protect and serve.

We further make fun of other countries who have weaker defenses while demanding ours to be tougher on crime and to stop crimes before they happen. The result is what you see here, just another example of what we all created for ourselves.

As far as this "physical" approach. A slap on the head does seem deserved for this kid. It just should've been his parents though and not the tax payers to administer it. After all the weakling gave up his keys anyway. He's not even willing to fight for his own rights, so yep expect that your going to loose them.
Go ahead and pick your bike up where you wrecked on turn 1 and head south to Racers Road and be a "real" rider !! Haha
Old 11-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #31
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Go ahead and pick your bike up where you wrecked on turn 1 and head south to Racers Road and be a "real" rider !! Haha

You didn't think your first joke was funny enough?
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #32
willms81

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2013 GSXR750
2008 GSX650F (traded)

I don't need a cop to "feel safe." That's what my 1911 is for.
willms81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #33
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
You didn't think your first joke was funny enough?

Both jokes sucked...quoting that massive post twice made them even worse!
Old 11-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #34
maxgs

Member Garage

The results...

"A Saratoga County sheriff’s deputy with a controversial past was suspended without pay Saturday as the department investigates his conduct during a Friday traffic stop.
The behavior of Sgt. Shawn Glans was captured in a video, “New York Deputy Slaps Citizen for Not Allowing him to Search Car,” posted on YouTube that has since gone viral."

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...uty-suspended/
Liked this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #35
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Asked to resign and arrested

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/20...citizen-video/
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #36
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"Like it or not the cop was doing his job. And precisely to the level and manner with which he has been commissioned to do it."

...bullshit.

Want to get technical, what the cop did could be referred to as assault. He sure as was not/is not commissioned for that.

To further his.... genius, he said he'd do it again, provided he wasn't on camera.

"You saw the video. It doesn’t look good,” Glans told the Times Union. “I’m all about doing the right thing. I had to go to that point because of the factors that came into play. There was a gun that was involved (that) I spotted in the vehicle.”

Asked if he would have handled the matter the same way again, Glans said he would, but not if he knew it was being filmed. He acknowledged that he did not know the incident was being videotaped.

“I was concerned. It was a public safety issue,” the sergeant said. “If I had to do it all over again … I’d probably do the same thing. If I knew the camera was there, no, because it does look bad.”

Police should be held to a greater standard than the populace, not a lessor...

Last edited by Ulric; 11-10-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #37
maxgs

Member Garage

From the link Keith posted...

“You saw the video. It doesn’t look good,” Glans told the Times Union. “I’m all about doing the right thing. I had to go to that point because of the factors that came into play. There was a gun that was involved (that) I spotted in the vehicle.”

Asked if he would have handled the matter the same way again, Glans said he would, but not if he knew it was being filmed. He acknowledged that he did not know the incident was being videotaped.

“I was concerned. It was a public safety issue,” the sergeant said. “If I had to do it all over again … I’d probably do the same thing. If I knew the camera was there, no, because it does look bad.”
Old 11-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #38
maxgs

Member Garage

Apparently doing the right thing means violating constitutional rights and assault.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #39
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Apparently doing the right thing means violating constitutional rights and assault.
Well he had a job to do.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #40
Lunchbox6

Lol

Advertisement