MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #161
TheFantasticG
Senior Member
 
TheFantasticG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 421

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'13 Ninja 650 ABS (SOLD)
'14 ZX10R ABS



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreyFan View Post
If you are from Houston and ride you are probably cool with me.
What if you're not from Houston and ride? Cause, I'm not from here... but I do ride here..
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lone Star Rally will be no refusal weekend LCLF Brain Events, Meets and Rides 27 11-02-2012 02:28 PM
Statewide No-Refusal Weekend‏ Stromtrooper Off Topic 26 07-02-2011 09:07 AM
FYI - No Refusal Moody General Discussion (Moto Related) 69 12-18-2008 12:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #162
MoreyFan
Senior Member
 
MoreyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 395


Bike(s):
CBR1000RR
Ducati Monster








Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticG View Post
What if you're not from Houston and ride? Cause, I'm not from here... but I do ride here..
In that case I hate you. Sorry bro. I know this will be devastating news.
MoreyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #163
TheFantasticG
Senior Member
 
TheFantasticG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 421

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'13 Ninja 650 ABS (SOLD)
'14 ZX10R ABS



Member Garage





Bummer indeed.
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #164
Repth
Keyboard Warrior
 
Repth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,606

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R









Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Please just shut the up
I generally agree with what you have to say, but when you do like this you just do a disservice to yourself if you're legitimately trying to get your point across. You just look like a and people are less likely to find you credible in the future.

There are a lot of people that are reasonably hashing things out in this thread, and yet some people feel the need to just on everything because for some reason they are much more "enlightened" than everyone else as to the way the world really works.
__________________
"I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You end up getting dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
- George Bernard Shaw
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #165
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








LSR No-Refusal

Edit to be nice. I generally can't stand reading your posts at all. I don't care at all what you think or how this makes you feel
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #166
pinball
I got slow
 
pinball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,677

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2


Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)







Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreyFan View Post
After a fatality accident they can determine if the car was speeding and if the driver drank alcohol. More fatalities happen when the driver drank alcohol than when the car was speeding. So my statistics were not incorrect. Opinions vs facts.

With that said, the implied and implicit arguments that started this recent discussion were that speeding is more dangerous and harder to control. I find that argument completely illogical.

It was also implied that many drunk driving fatalities were merely a subset of the much larger speeding problem. Saying the CDC's alcohol impaired standard is faulty and therefore speed was more of a problem than alcohol is at best a guess. At worst a gross misdirection, disregarding how alcohol impairment leads to speeding and reckless driving.
You really don't seem to grasp the difference between "drank alcohol" and drunk.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #167
pinball
I got slow
 
pinball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,677

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2


Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)







Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
I generally agree with what you have to say, but when you do like this you just do a disservice to yourself if you're legitimately trying to get your point across. You just look like a and people are less likely to find you credible in the future.

There are a lot of people that are reasonably hashing things out in this thread, and yet some people feel the need to just on everything because for some reason they are much more "enlightened" than everyone else as to the way the world really works.
How so? Morey is either dense or trolling. Either way, he needs to be called out on it.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #168
MoreyFan
Senior Member
 
MoreyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 395


Bike(s):
CBR1000RR
Ducati Monster








Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
You really don't seem to grasp the difference between "drank alcohol" and drunk.
I'm going with the CDC's standard. Seems more than reasonable. If you have some numbers as credible as the CDC which is charged with categorizing and understanding why deaths occur please post them.

Last edited by MoreyFan; 11-07-2014 at 11:55 PM.
MoreyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #169
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Like my credibility is in question. Lol
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #170
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Cdc credible? Another joke. I hope you are just trolling. This guy lol. Quoting the cdc on this topic lol
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:01 AM   #171
MoreyFan
Senior Member
 
MoreyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 395


Bike(s):
CBR1000RR
Ducati Monster








Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Like my credibility is in question. Lol
What credibility. You have just posted opinions and said my opinions are wrong. That is fine with me, but in a discussion of facts and statistics, I have no numbers from you at all.

Anyways, this seems pretty pointless. Not going to make enemies in the Houston riding community.

Last edited by MoreyFan; 11-08-2014 at 12:03 AM.
MoreyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #172
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








You are the only one bent on posting what you call facts and statistics. Going so far as quoting the cdc of all sources. You think people can't say because you quote cdc. You are dumb enough to feel you have the high ground. You're full of and you post stupid like its a habit. At best you are a troll. Worst case you are just this retarded. The issue is rights here. Not your right to feel safe. I've never seen that right spelled out and it's subjective as . Say you are a total , which I suspect you may be. We all know how hard it is to make a feel safe. Myself I don't feel the laws make us safe. I generally feel pretty safe. I'm also aware that it's the punishment after the fact that makes the impact. You keep spewing bs stats while missing the whole point. Get it?
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:35 AM   #173
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Laws provide consequences for certain behaviors. Nothing more. They do not now nor have they ever "kept you safe". How can they? They are nothing but words on a piece of paper which may or may not be enforced.

If laws actually kept you safe, simply passing a law would eliminate bad behavior.
They may not keep you safe but they sure keep you from open carry
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #174
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Lest you all forget this isnt about drunk driving (+4000lb vehicles)

Its about the law protecting us motorcyclists from ourselves.
So a drunk rider can't kill a pedestrian or another rider?

You realize there will still be folks driving cars in Galveston County during no-refusal and cops will be pulling them over for a variety of reasons
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #175
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticG View Post
That being said I'm more so against "No Refusal" weekends because it's throwing our rights out the window with the bath water.
If you bothered to read wackjum's explanation you'd see that the law is no different during no-refusal, DWIs are just handled more expeditiously. Your rights don't change. You can never refuse to have your blood drawn if the police have a search warrant. It just takes police longer to get the warrant when the county doesn't have "no-refusal" enforcement in place
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #176
TheFantasticG
Senior Member
 
TheFantasticG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 421

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'13 Ninja 650 ABS (SOLD)
'14 ZX10R ABS



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
If you bothered to read wackjum's explanation you'd see that the law is no different during no-refusal, DWIs are just handled more expeditiously. Your rights don't change. You can never refuse to have your blood drawn if the police have a search warrant. It just takes police longer to get the warrant when the county doesn't have "no-refusal" enforcement in place
I bothered to read it, I guess I just see it differently when they are setting up specifically to get it done ultra fast as compared to the normal route. And no, I'd never willingly let the police draw my blood.. If they do it's because of police brutality. Don't give a about a warrant... But then again, it is highly unlikely I'll be in that situation in the first place
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #177
TMAX
Forever MODERATE
 
TMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cy-Fair
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,976

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
So a drunk rider can't kill a pedestrian or another rider?

You realize there will still be folks driving cars in Galveston County during no-refusal and cops will be pulling them over for a variety of reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreyFan View Post
In 2012, 10,322 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafet...factsheet.html


?
Of those numbers above. How many were motorcycle related? Really? Lol
__________________
BORC wannabe
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #178
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Of those numbers above. How many were motorcycle related? Really? Lol
That doesn't answer my question
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #179
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticG View Post
I bothered to read it, I guess I just see it differently when they are setting up specifically to get it done ultra fast as compared to the normal route. And no, I'd never willingly let the police draw my blood.. If they do it's because of police brutality. Don't give a about a warrant... But then again, it is highly unlikely I'll be in that situation in the first place
Actually it would be nurse brutality because a cop doesn't perform the draw
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #180
TMAX
Forever MODERATE
 
TMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cy-Fair
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,976

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
That doesn't answer my question
How many in 2013? 2012? Thx.
__________________
BORC wannabe
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy