MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #241
TheFantasticG

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'13 Ninja 650 ABS (SOLD)
'14 ZX10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I don't know where the incident happened but weddings must have an officer present if alcohol is served

In Harris County?
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lone Star Rally will be no refusal weekend LCLF Brain Events, Meets and Rides 27 11-02-2012 02:28 PM
Statewide No-Refusal Weekend‏ Stromtrooper Off Topic 26 07-02-2011 09:07 AM
FYI - No Refusal Moody General Discussion (Moto Related) 69 12-18-2008 12:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #242
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticG View Post
In Harris County?
Im not 100% sure but I want to say thats true. I work a lot of weddings at different venues as a bartender, and there is always an officer present.
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:34 AM   #243
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Like we dont realize we are impaired when we drive after drinking. Who needs to be told they are? If you are that stupid its best you dont drink at all. It a willful act. No product can replace judgement when judgement is needed to use product
YOU and the company you keep may realize YOUR OWN impairment/limitations AND how to behave accordingly... but you are giving FAR too much credit to the general public... they are (generally) exceedingly stupid, and have POOR judgement.

I've been left speechless on countless occasions, as I observe the public's need for constant supervision and direction. I realize those sound like "big government" kind of words (which I violently oppose), but its the (sad) truth.
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-11-2014, 01:35 AM   #244
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

LSR No-Refusal

Being truth and needing to be done aren't the same. People are stupid. I get that. Sometimes you just have to let people be people and prosecute the idiots after the fact.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:42 AM   #245
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Borders are wide open and stupid people seem to breed like crazy. It's only gonna get worse
Old 11-11-2014, 01:42 AM   #246
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Being truth and needing to be done aren't the same. People are stupid. I get that. Sometimes you just have to let people be people and prosecute the idiots after the fact.
Unfettered freedom, regardless of the consequences?

("consequences" often being relatively minimal for the offender, and potentially devastating for the victims)
Old 11-11-2014, 01:43 AM   #247
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

LSR No-Refusal

Can we stick to the rights we have? Had. Not sure where unfettered was mentioned
Old 11-11-2014, 01:46 AM   #248
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

I wish we had the rights we used to.

Like you said, its just getting worse (stupidity and the subsequent laws to combat it)
Old 11-11-2014, 02:15 AM   #249
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

But it's like safety at work. All the safety rules in the world don't mean when you're stupid. People still get hurt and people still die. Why? They didn't follow the rules. You can't strip freedom in the name of safety. Stupid people
Are still going to up while the rest of us just lose rights we once had. In the end, who is really safer ?
Old 11-11-2014, 06:14 AM   #250
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticG View Post
In Harris County?
In Texas. Its the law..
Old 11-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #251
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
But it's like safety at work. All the safety rules in the world don't mean when you're stupid. People still get hurt and people still die. Why? They didn't follow the rules. You can't strip freedom in the name of safety. Stupid people
Are still going to up while the rest of us just lose rights we once had. In the end, who is really safer ?
I miss the days of open containers while driving without seatbelts
Now that was some freedom right there!
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #252
tyler83
Ummmm.................

Experience: 9 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I miss the days of open containers while driving without seatbelts
Now that was some freedom right there!
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but either way I agree with this statement
tyler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #253
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler83 View Post
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but either way I agree with this statement
'Merica, yeah!
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #254
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

As I stated it was a rehearsal dinner. Yes it was down on the island, and yes Texas does do DWI checkpoints on holidays. As I have said repeatedly I'm aware there is a market segment that will not embrace the idea. Its for people who are smart enough to know they can't trust themselves to make the best decisions when alcohol is involved. You can't give a product to someone who doesn't want it. Like wise there are several upscale places and hotels that are willing to pay to offer this option to their patrons and that's who I have to go to.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #255
tyler83
Ummmm.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
As I stated it was a rehearsal dinner. Yes it was down on the island, and yes Texas does do DWI checkpoints on holidays. As I have said repeatedly I'm aware there is a market segment that will not embrace the idea. Its for people who are smart enough to know they can't trust themselves to make the best decisions when alcohol is involved. You can't give a product to someone who doesn't want it. Like wise there are several upscale places and hotels that are willing to pay to offer this option to their patrons and that's who I have to go to.
What happens when I lock my keys in your box and I am over the .035 limit you set for me (I have a Class A) so I can't get my keys but I really need my Coat out of my truck or my phone charger or something like that, medecine etc.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #256
TheFantasticG

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'13 Ninja 650 ABS (SOLD)
'14 ZX10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
In Texas. Its the law..
As in if it's liquor available on an open bar? I mean, if it's just beer and wine does an officer have to be present?

I'm genuinely curious because there was an open bar in Magnolia I went to last year but they only had wine and beer. There were no police officers on site.
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #257
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

A "few" places doesn't get the bills paid though. Who's paying for R&D. I've looked into manufacturing an idea I had and there was not only R&D costs, but the manufacturer had a minimum order restriction that was way over how many I wanted.
Something just doesn't add up here. Either you're pitching this idea to us and have really done much on actually seeing what it's really going to take to do this or you have deep pockets and are just throwing money at an idea for "investment". Either way good luck with your freedom killer and I hope you don't lose too much money in your quest.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #258
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler83 View Post
What happens when I lock my keys in your box and I am over the .035 limit you set for me (I have a Class A) so I can't get my keys but I really need my Coat out of my truck or my phone charger or something like that, medecine etc.
Yeah, he really hasn't thought this thing through. Being that you have a class A, do you think you would swipe it into a machine before having a few drinks?
The other issue I'm having is the people he's trying to target. If this was on a volunteer basis and they actually went through with license swipe and locking the keys up, don't you think they'd already be the type that usually does the right thing. You know, the ones that make plans for such a thing before they leave the house?
Old 11-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #259
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
In Texas. Its the law..
Interesting. Have a source? Not being argumentative, just never heard of that before. Been to a number of wedding at public and private venues and have never been to one with a cop.

Granted, my wedding was on our private property, but damned if anyone would have greenlit a cop being present.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #260
tyler83
Ummmm.................

Quote:
Yeah, he really hasn't thought this thing through. Being that you have a class A, do you think you would swipe it into a machine before having a few drinks?
The other issue I'm having is the people he's trying to target. If this was on a volunteer basis and they actually went through with license swipe and locking the keys up, don't you think they'd already be the type that usually does the right thing. You know, the ones that make plans for such a thing before they leave the house?
I just don't see how this could be a business, maybe a charity giving it to places to use is the idea?

Advertisement