MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2014, 03:10 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Harrison confirmed with MarTrain Yamaha

MarTrain Racing to solely concentrate on the International Road Racing scene

Harrison confirmed with MarTrain Yamaha

MAR-TRAIN Racing have announced today that Isle of Man TT winner Dean Harrison will continue with the team, but will compete in all Supersport, Superstock and Superbike classes on the roads for the next two years.

Mar-Train Yamaha have now agreed to concentrate solely on International Road Racing with 25-year-old Harrison who will be their only competitor after a striking a two-year deal with Yamaha, which makes them the official Road Race team for 2015 and 2016.

“I’m delighted to finally be able to announce my plans for the next two seasons as part of Mar-Train Racing,” said Harrison.

“To have the support of Yamaha UK as their official team is fantastic, and although we have had some great race wins on the R6, I have to be honest and say I'm really looking forward to riding the all-new Superstock and Superbikes next season.”

Harrison continued: “The Mar-Train team is a family run effort, but you only have to look at what they have achieved in British championship, and also at the NW200 last year, to understand how committed the whole team is to transferring that onto the roads in a full time job next season.

“It's important for me to enjoy my racing and having been here a year already, I know that 2015 is going to be a belter!"

Although Mar-Train Racing will be announcing their full International Road Racing schedule at the start of 2015, their plan is to partake in the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix with the addition of the Southern 100, Scarborough events and various other national road races in Ireland.

Team Principal Tim Martin spoke at Milan’s EICMA Motorcycle show: “It’s great to finally be able to announce that Dean will be joining us for the next two seasons as we embark on a new venture as Yamaha UK’s official International Road Racing Team.

“He is the guy we wanted all along having worked with him this season with tangible success, and it’s great that he’s here with us in Milan to see the unveiling of the new bike."

In addition, Martin explained: “The two year deal [with Yamaha] allows us to prepare and develop the new bike and although our goal is undoubtedly international podiums and victories, we will be realistic and professional in our approach to 2015.”

Related Content

IOMTT: Sidecar race 2 and Lightweight TT results
William Dunlop joins Guy Martin at Tyco Suzuki
NW200: Onboard lap - commentary from Steve Plater
NW200: Rider dies in debut 250cc race
Anderton quits after NW200 horror smash

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement