Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Guintoli switches to Pata Honda for 2015

The 2014 World Superbike Champion teams up with Michael van der Mark

Guintoli switches to Pata Honda for 2015

THE 2014 World Superbike Champion Sylvain Guintoli has officially signed for the Pata Honda World Superbike team.

Pata Honda announced Guintoli's signing the day after the Frenchman won the 2015 title. The 32-year-old will become team-mates with Michael van der Mark for the 2015 Championship on-board the CBR1000RR Fireblade SP machine.

Guintoli is experienced in the World Superbike paddock with nine wins to his name, five of them from the 2014 season as well as career first double win at Qatar on Sunday. Over the past four years, Guintoli has accumulated 40 World Superbike podium finishes.

The freshly crowned World Superbike Champion said: "The events of this season and especially last night are still buzzing in my head, but I’m delighted to be joining the Honda family and to be reuniting with Pata."

The 2015 season will see Guintoli's first ride on-board a Honda despite historical ties due to the team's title partner Pata. Guintoli rode for a Pata-sponsored Ducati team in 2012 winning two races and finishing seventh overall in the WSBK standings.

Continuing, Guintoli explained: "The last time we worked together was a very unexpected but successful partnership. I brought Pata their first victories and we have a strong relationship.

"I’m looking forward to tackling this new challenge and I can’t wait to get going. Johnny [Rea] has obviously been strong on the CBR all season, and sometimes he’s been very strong!

"So I think there is definitely a big potential with the bike and I think the new rules for next year will suit it. So for us this is good news and I can’t wait to understand how it works; but it looks like a really good package and I’m looking forward to getting the first impressions soon."

With the news of Pata Honda signing Guintoli and van der Mark, this means that the Brit duo Jonathan Rea and Leon Haslam will not be staying with their 2014 team for next season. An announcement regarding their futures will be made in the near future.

Related Content

WSB 2014: Magny-Cours race 2 results
WSB 2014: Magny-Cours race 1 results
Rea declines Ducati MotoGP seat
Guintoli splits from Liberty Racing
Fabrizio replaces injured Rea

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote