Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|11-03-2014, 03:14 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSB 2014 Qatar race 1 results
Ignored team orders make for a close Championship battle
THE first ever Qatar World Superbike race to be held under floodlights Sylvain Guintoli win with Kawasaki’s Tom Sykes having to settle for second after his team-mate Loris Baz ignored team orders.
Pata Honda’s Jonathan Rea led from the start before Baz took over. The top eight riders were covered by just over a second in the first half of the race before Guintoli and Baz make a break for it.
It was lap 13 that sent the Aprilia garage cheering as Marco Melandri, Guintoli’s team-mate, passed Sykes and on the following lap the Frenchman Guintoli overtook Baz to take the lead and cross the line first.
It became a close battle for the Championship as Guintoli reeled in the reigning World Champion Sykes to only 3-points between them.
Half of the Kawasaki garage were not happy as Baz did not obey team orders to drop a place to allow Sykes to take second place.
Rea finished in fourth ahead of Davide Giugliano with Red Devils Roma Aprilia’s Toni Elias finished in sixth.
Despite Niccolo Canepa finishing ahead of David Salom by 0.011s it was Salom that took the EVO class series victory.
Race one results:
1. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Aprilia Racing
2. Loris Baz FRA Kawasaki Racing +2.650
3. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing +3.955
4. Jonathan Rea GBR PATA Honda World Superbike +4.805
5. Davide Giugliano ITA Ducati Superbike Team +7.861
6. Toni Elias ESP Red Devils Roma Aprilia +8.192
7. Chaz Davies GBR Ducati Superbike Team +8.991
8. Marco Melandri ITA Aprilia Racing +10.512
9. Eugene Laverty IRL Voltcom Crescent Suzuki +15.978
10. Alex Lowes GBR Voltcom Crescent Suzuki +21.456
11. Leon Haslam GBR PATA Honda World Superbike+25.977
12. Niccolo Canepa* ITA Althea Ducati +29.085
13. David Salom* ESP Kawasaki Racing +29.096
14. Sylvain Barrier* FRA BMW Italia +39.270
15. Bryan Staring* AUS IRON BRAIN Kawasaki +43.360
16. Jeremy Guarnoni* FRA MRS Kawasaki +46.206
17. Geoff May USA Team Hero EBR +1:16.323
18. Imre Toth* HUN Team Toth BMW +1 lap
DNF. Alessandro Andreozzi* ITA Pedercini Kawasaki
DNF. Gabor Rizmayer* HUN Team Toth BMW
DNF. Alex Cudlin* AUS Pedercini Kawasaki
DNF. Aaron Yates USA Team Hero EBR
DNF. Claudio Corti ITA MV Agusta RC
WSB 2014: Sepang race two results
WSB 2014: Misano race one results
WSB 2014: Laguna Seca race 1 results
WSB 2014: Laguna Seca race 2 results
WSB 2014: Jerez race 1 results