MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2014, 04:13 AM   #81
BlueNinja650

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

.... And just FYI, I officially left public safety on May 5, 2014. Maybe some day, I will return to the fire truck, time will tell- but for now, it's time to let the young ones take it on. As Murtaugh said in Leathal Weapon "I'm too old for this ". I wish I was back out there, wish I was back playing semi-pro football in my 20s, but time and injuries has a way of knocking one out of the game. By all rights, I shouldn't even be alive- much less walking (again). Had I found the keys to the old Prius the morning of the 1st accident, I probably wouldn't be sitting here on my bed in McAllen, Texas typing this at 315 in the morning....... So thank (or whatever/whoever) you believe in for the chance at one more day. As we have seen this week with fallen riders in the Houston metro area, we might not get a 2nd chance. Stay safe out there, guys and gals.
BlueNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2015, 09:06 PM   #82
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Why not continue the stop to the next exit and conduct it on a side street of business? I see commercial enforcement do it all the time. Why disrupt the freeway, when there are better alternatives?
I'll drive to the nearest exit, and into a parking lot to pull over. I could care less where they are asking me to pull over. Why?

SugarLand PD always blocks the right lane....super unsafe

I don't want to be on the side of the highway, stopped, ever. it's not a safe place to be. Probably 10 times less safe than whatever ridiculous bullshit I did to get pulled over in the first place.

If I take my time, and so does everyone else, we'll collectively get fewer tickets.

When the cops ask why I pulled off the highway, I always say i did it in the name of officer safety. How can they argue that?
Old 01-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #83
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
When the cops ask why I pulled off the highway, I always say i did it in the name of officer safety. How can they argue that?
This, to the Nth degree. A few years ago I got pulled over for 85 in a 50 (cage). Pulled down a side road with zero traffic and a wide shoulder. Key on the dash when he walked up. He asked if I had a reason for going so fast and I said, "No, sir...not a good one." Thought he was gonna himself trying not to laugh. Wrote the ticket and thanked me for getting out of traffic. Could have gone to jail, but ended up with a ticket that allowed me to get deferred.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:57 AM   #84
POZZD
POZZD

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'14 CB1000R
'03 yz250x

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Move_over_law

It's the Law to get over.
POZZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #85
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by POZZD View Post
Yup. So when SL PD parks half in and half out of the lane they technically are impeding the flow of traffic not one, but two lanes, as you must drop 20 mph or move left. So for one $150 revenue generating ticket how much risk do they place on others having to safely move over 2 lanes? I'd say its a lot more than what they are pulling someone over for.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:54 AM   #86
pinball
I got slow

Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POZZD View Post
No. It's the law to reduce speed by 20 under posted OR move over. One or the other, but not both, and SLPD removes option #1.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement