MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #61
BlueNinja650

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

So far the bullets haven't got me, nor has the dragon. . , I have been lucky. Stabbed once, a failed hit in 2000, and having been a firefighter since 03, no line of duty injuries.

My luck- it will be some stupid jackass hitting me!
BlueNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #62
Toe

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNinja650 View Post
So far the bullets haven't got me, nor has the dragon. . , I have been lucky. Stabbed once, a failed hit in 2000, and having been a firefighter since 03, no line of duty injuries.

My luck- it will be some stupid jackass hitting me!
Not if you pull them over to a side street!
Old 11-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #63
Lunchbox6

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414955330.581216.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	82147
Old 11-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #64
Lunchbox6

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414956174.468488.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	82148
Old 11-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #65
CRAZY_ZX14
LETS CRUZ REALLY FAST LOL

Bike(s):
2008 ZX14

And they wonder y they get hit
CRAZY_ZX14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #66
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox6 View Post
Mod Edit: Last warning.
Too many warnings for this enormous hole.

After all the hate in this thread, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and thank law enforcement and first responders for their service.
Liked this post:
Old 11-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #67
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post

After all the hate in this thread, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and thank law enforcement and first responders for their service.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #68
jimmy the gent
wich u gon do?

Experience: 7 years

Blame stupid drivers that just pullover to the shoulder. The few times I've been pulled over, I will reduce speed, put on a signal making the cop drive a mile or two if needed to an exit and pullover out of traffic. I haven't had one get mad at me yet.

― Steve Sailer
jimmy the gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #69
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Blame stupid drivers that just pullover to the shoulder. The few times I've been pulled over, I will reduce speed, put on a signal making the cop drive a mile or two if needed to an exit and pullover out of traffic. I haven't had one get mad at me yet.
Well it has been stated on here by LEOs that its a bullshit excuse to hide contraband and not just you looking out for your and their safety.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #70
Toe

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:

What does this have to do with the discussion?
Old 11-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #71
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Nothing at all. Just another ego stroking drone.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #72
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
A lot. The cool thing about forums is that there can be some fluidity in the discussion in the thread and not every post has to be a direct commentary on the original post. There has been a lot of wanton hate in this thread that has little to do with the original post and I was responding to that. But by all means, ask me what relevance my response bares and not the guy who simply said "I love donuts".
Old 11-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #73
Lunchbox6

Quote:
A lot. The cool thing about forums is that there can be some fluidity in the discussion in the thread and not every post has to be a direct commentary on the original post. There has been a lot of wanton hate in this thread that has little to do with the original post and I was responding to that. But by all means, ask me what relevance my response bares and not the guy who simply said "I love donuts".
The "I love donuts" guy was entertaining, even if only slightly.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #74
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox6 View Post
The "I love donuts" guy was entertaining, even if only slightly.
So what's your excuse?
Old 11-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #75
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNinja650 View Post

I do admit the LED lights and the number of flashing lights are distracting (and blinding). When I started "way back in the 20th century" ( I feel old), I had a rotating light bar with 2 red and 2 blue rotators, and alternating rear flashers. Then came along the Code 3 MX 7000 rotators, Whelen strobes and then those LEDs. Too many LEDs are distracting and blinding.

More emergency lights DOES NOT always mean "safer" stops. You take a risk every traffic stop you make. There is something about the strobes/ LEDs that sure seem to attract drunks, too. Notice the number of police car accidents who were working other wrecks, traffic stops, etc?
MAN, I got lit up at night on dark FM road up near New Caney last week....that Tahoe had enough lights to cover my whole neighborhood during Christmas.... was stupid bright. But I attest it to "tax dollars need spending" more than "we need more safety." Either way, I knew it was me he was after....spent a qtr mile driving down the road to a service station before pulling onto a shoulder down a 2 lane FM road....but it was not to try and hide contraband....this time.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #76
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
So what's your excuse?

I'm informative.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #77
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Cbr 600 black
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

I only dislike cops when I get a ticket but that's short lived and no one likes getting busted anyway. I'm sure like sportbike riders and any other group there are good ones and bad ones.
But what I do know is there are many fallen officers who left behind families and friends doing a very tough job that I'm glad I don't have to do. Making a blanket statement that all of them are terrible or whatever just seems stupid.

http://www.odmp.org/search/browse/texas
Old 11-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #78
Auguste

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
14 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS
08 Vespa GTS 250ie
02 Ducati 998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawafasty View Post
I only dislike cops when I get a ticket but that's short lived and no one likes getting busted anyway. I'm sure like sportbike riders and any other group there are good ones and bad ones.
But what I do know is there are many fallen officers who left behind families and friends doing a very tough job that I'm glad I don't have to do. Making a blanket statement that all of them are terrible or whatever just seems stupid.

http://www.odmp.org/search/browse/texas
Well said. I've never had a major issue with an officer, and I always treat them with respect like I do to most people.
Auguste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:47 AM   #79
BlueNinja650

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Just for the record, I am not "that cop". I very rarely had to go to full mode.

Even when I worked in the prison system, I only had a couple of minor uses of force.

Not "tooting" my own horn- but I was the nicer version of the police. I spent my final years doing criminal investigations.

I was the guy who investigated crimes against persons, crimes, and the most heinous of offenses.

I have always been about officer (and violator) safety.

I was about putting the bad guy in jail- if he was truly guilty. Not many police officers can say they had a near 100 percent case clearance rate, and a conviction rate of over 98%. If one was innocent, I would prove it. They wanted me in their corner. Or, if they were guilty, I would do everything in my power to send them to prison for a long sentence. Take for example, Christmas 2003. Call of an aggravated sexual assault. A known offender, who was HIV and Hepatitis positive drugged and date raped an 18 year old member of the US Army.

I went all out- to the wall to put that POS in jail. Did it within 12 hours. Charged him with a charge (enhancement) of his crime- the use of a deadly weapon- being his own . Appeals court agreed and that became precedent in Texas. This is the type of cop I was. I was that pitbull, and if there was a fight worth fighting, I was all in, even at cost to myself. I broke through that "blue wall" on more than one occasion, sending my bosses and co-workers to prison.

I could count on my hands the number of times I had to testify in a felony trial. Why? Because the case was so solid- the suspect pled guilty. I have been in public safety since 1996. It didn't make me rich, by any means. TDCJ, Police, Fire, EMS. I have had the privilege of doing it all.

Fast forward 19 years.... In my "old" age, after suffering 2 major car accidents and having my spine full of titanium, I spend my days doing Information Technology- and investigations for DEFENSE attorneys.

I never asked for anyone's thanks, a pat on the back, or any of the like. I did it for many years for FREE.

Unfortunately, I am no longer in the shape to "run with the kiddos" and police. Not in the shape anymore to run into burning buildings, climb 110 feet (that's over 10 stories) at a 90 degree angle. Not that I don't miss it- I do every day. I devoted my life to it. That was, until an 18 year old rear ended me at 70 MPH. I had back surgery. I was then rear ended by a 16 year old drunk 6 weeks post-op, causing my surgery to fail. I was fortunate that I had good insurance, and underwent a then "experimental" procedure to generate a fusion- the use of stem cells. I learned to walk again.

You see, I have been on virtually every end of the spectrum, from my first days in EMS, to later law enforcement, then the fire service- and a combination of them all. I can still recall the first fatality MVA I ever worked- August 31, 1997- the night Princess Diana died. Drunk driver struck a vehicle head-on. I still remember the victim, her face, and the opening in her skull.

I have had to make those "notifications". I have worked heinous crimes, pulled people out of burning buildings, vehicle entrapments, etc. I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have seen enough tragedy and bad things since I turned 17 years old.

Nearly 20 years later, and after having been a victim of the very types of calls I have worked (drunk drivers, major accidents, etc.), I can say I wake up every morning and appreciate that I am still alive to see another day.

I am thankful for those I was able to save, and still hold regrets for the ones I could not. Some may think that the Police are just "Robots" "Drones" "Pricks" or "", but behind that badge, there is a heart. The same one that every human has.

Some become calloused and wall themselves off from tragedy, and in the process, loose the human compassion. It is sad, but a true thing. Just like any soldier who has fought in war, your public servants have fought our own "wars" here in America.

Are there crooked cops? Yep. Nothing pleased me more than putting 2 in prison, and costing one his license. But, there are more "human" "emotion" feeling cops out there than what you realize.

It isn't the badge, the gun, the baton, the taser, a car with a bunch of lights that gives one power. It is a respect for humanity. The institution is what is owed the respect- not the badge. That "sheep dog" is what keeps good and evil away from you and your loved ones at night.

Most of us don't enter the field to become "bullies" because we were picked on in school. We do it because we actually care about the world we live in. Sorry for the long post, but before one judges, it is always good to know a bit of the history.

Now, in my retirement years- (which came about 30 years before I wanted), I spend my time working the Defense side, and thanks to a good neurosurgeon in Plano, Texas (Rob Dickerman- www.neurotexas.com) , I can function enough that I was able to learn how to ride a motorcycle.

So the next time you think about "that " cop, think about how "that " has kept your community safe.

-EOW
Liked this post:
Old 11-04-2014, 04:01 AM   #80
BlueNinja650

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

And here are a few of the "Brothers" , and "sister" I have lost in the line-of-duty:

Deputy Sheriff Loutricia Sowell Bonfanti
Leon County Sheriff's Department
EOW: Saturday, April 7, 2001
Cause: Automobile accident

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/agency/2127-leon...#ixzz3I5XOfzIh

Henderson County Sheriff's Department, Texas

Deputy Sheriff Paul Steven Habelt
Henderson County Sheriff's Department
EOW: Thursday, May 17, 2007
Cause: Gunfire

Henderson County Sheriff's Department, Texas

Deputy Sheriff Tony Price Ogburn
Henderson County Sheriff's Department
EOW: Thursday, May 17, 2007
Cause: Gunfire

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/agency/1647-hend...#ixzz3I5WkIQfU

Firefighter Kyle Perkins
Kilgore Fire Dept

Firefighter/EMT James Taylor
Bonham FD

.... Just to name a few. These fine public servants paid the ultimate sacrifice. Loutricia was responding to a family violence call, and crashed her patrol unit- dying at the scene. Ogburn and Habelt were gunned down in Payne Springs, Texas along with other officers. Habelt and Ogburn were killed instantly- on the bloodiest day in Henderson County history. Kyle Perkins, my fellow Scoutmaster and brother firefighter (and fire academy classmate) died in a training accident. James Taylor, his ambulance was hit head on by a PT cruiser, trapping him and his partner inside, engulfing the ambulance in flames.

These are just a few of my friends who I have had to be there to watch put in the ground, their families, friends and co-workers grieving- because they chose to put their lives on the line for every single person- good and bad. Tragically, they died before their time. So when you go to sleep at night, just remember, there are those out there who have sacrificed all- so that you and your family may be protected, whether it be from criminals, accidents, or medical emergencies, just as our war hero veterans have done for our freedom abroad.

Advertisement