MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #21
pinball
I got slow

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox6 View Post
A few months ago I was leaving the island and got pulled over doing 85 in a 60. I signaled to move over to the right side and proceeded to exit the freeway after the big bridge, found a good place to pull over and turned off the car. Galveston Sheriff deputy gave me a warning and told me to slow down. Dont know if it was because he didnt feel like giving me a ticket or the fact that I actually got both of us into a safe area or what. But I know I got a warning on what would have been a huge ticket.
I had a very similar incident in League City about 5 years ago. Doing 80 in a 50 (feeder), and got popped. I pulled down a side street with a shoulder, completely away from main lanes of travel. I still got a ticket, but it was for 10-over instead of 30, and the LEO thanked me for stopping away from traffic.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2014, 10:25 PM   #22
BlueNinja650

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

I have made more than my fair share of traffic stops. Playing "back seat" quarterback and trying to think that "pulling over on a side street" is any safer, is just that.. bullshit. It doesn't do anything but give a violator more time to get to weapons or dispose of contraband.

SLPD is practicing officer and violator safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
You should be a cop... you'd discover how easy it would be for you to do things 100 times better, just given the chance.
BlueNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:27 PM   #23
BlueNinja650

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6racer View Post
I wouldn't question them, some of them have finished high school.
I finished HS, 3 years college, 4 certifications (including instructor for both LE and EMS) and did over 2k hours continuing education in law enforcement.

HS degree is a requirement to be a police officer, or 12 semester hours of college...
Old 10-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #24
BlueNinja650

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
I prefer how bellaire pd shuts down 610 every chance they get. Two car accident. Shut it the down boys.
Tis better to shut it all the way down than to become road splatter! Folks in Houston DO NOT know how to drive.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:56 AM   #25
HFDJARHEAD
96 Ducati 900SS

Bike(s):
1996 Ducati 900ss
2004 ZX-12r

It's a matter of protection folks. It took a long time and a lot of injuries and near close calls for the FD to change its policies concerning blocking traffic. Our vehicles are large enough to cover a break down lane and a driving lane, so its a bit easier for us than the PD units. I've almost been hit three times while working under our old policy. It is amazing that even when we have a lane blocked off and are extricating someone that we'll have people attempt to drive through our scene and make an off ramp or drift into the scene because they are driving and trying to film with their phones... We certainly don't want to create a safety issue with other drivers, but we need everyone to slow down a bit and using the vehicles as blockers does that. We all want to go home at the end of the shift...
Old 11-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #26
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNinja650 View Post
I have made more than my fair share of traffic stops. Playing "back seat" quarterback and trying to think that "pulling over on a side street" is any safer, is just that.. bullshit. It doesn't do anything but give a violator more time to get to weapons or dispose of contraband.

You sound a little disconnected. If you can't tell the difference between someone "stalling" and a citizen just trying to get to a safer spot, maybe you need to think about a security position at the local mall and let others with a little bit more common sense do your job.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #27
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6racer View Post
I wouldn't question them, some of them have finished high school.
You won MH for the day....
Old 11-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #28
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFDJARHEAD View Post
It's a matter of protection folks. It took a long time and a lot of injuries and near close calls for the FD to change its policies concerning blocking traffic. Our vehicles are large enough to cover a break down lane and a driving lane, so its a bit easier for us than the PD units. I've almost been hit three times while working under our old policy. It is amazing that even when we have a lane blocked off and are extricating someone that we'll have people attempt to drive through our scene and make an off ramp or drift into the scene because they are driving and trying to film with their phones... We certainly don't want to create a safety issue with other drivers, but we need everyone to slow down a bit and using the vehicles as blockers does that. We all want to go home at the end of the shift...
Yup, and FD blocking traffic includes heavy apparatus across two lanes at least 150' back, cones, transition and taper areas, and a warning vehicle if possible. Not the same as topping a hill and finding the equivalent of a supervisor's car stopped with two wheels in the right lane.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #29
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNinja650 View Post

Well how about this, YOU PIG! I hope you run the over on some traffic stop. Your attitude that everyone is committing crimes and hiding from you deputy dog idiots is exactly what is wrong. Its always the same story with you pricks. Everyone is a criminal except you shitbags with badges.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #30
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Well how about this, YOU PIG! I hope you run the over on some traffic stop. Your attitude that everyone is committing crimes and hiding from you deputy dog idiots is exactly what is wrong. Its always the same story with you pricks. Everyone is a criminal except you shitbags with badges.
DAYYYYYYYYUUUUUUMMM ..... hostile much? Dont go feral on us now.

It has become an issue to me because cops will now just sit on the side of the road lights off or lights on to slow traffic. They are in my opinion causing accidents because the idiots driving do not understand or are scare of getting a ticket. For instance ... cop has someone pulled over on right shoulder ... the idiots in the fast lane slow down to 20-30 mph thinking they are required to slow down ... I am all for safety of people required to stop on busy freeways .. cops, FD, wreckers, EMT, stranded motorists .. but come on people use common sense. We have a law for everything further dropping the IQ of the stupid people which is now dragging down the entire population.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #31
Lunchbox6

I am just sick of these trying to justify their attitude with people by saying the same old tired . "Why dont you come be a cop and then you would understand how it is." you I dont need to put myself in the shoes of a pencil dicked low self esteem having to understand why you act like a to people. The "I am the law" attitude comes from you being a piece of . You got made fun of in school and were too much of a loser and too stupid to actually make something of yourself, so you got a job as the tough guy with badge so you could show everyone who is boss. Well good job dipshit. Now everyone thinks your still the same loser you were in school, but now you have a gun and some loser buddies to back you up should you get your dumb into too much trouble. FTP
Old 11-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #32
HFDJARHEAD
96 Ducati 900SS

Bike(s):
1996 Ducati 900ss
2004 ZX-12r

Wow... WTF?
Old 11-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #33
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
I am just sick of these trying to justify their attitude with people by saying the same old tired . "Why dont you come be a cop and then you would understand how it is." you I dont need to put myself in the shoes of a pencil dicked low self esteem having to understand why you act like a to people. The "I am the law" attitude comes from you being a piece of . You got made fun of in school and were too much of a loser and too stupid to actually make something of yourself, so you got a job as the tough guy with badge so you could show everyone who is boss. Well good job dipshit. Now everyone thinks your still the same loser you were in school, but now you have a gun and some loser buddies to back you up should you get your dumb into too much trouble. FTP
I take it you have an issue with Law Enforcement? Gotta here the story/stories cause that is a lot of pent up aggression there.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #34
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Take a deep breath and calm down..

I agree that he came off with a us against them mentality but , he's doesn't represent them all. Calm down before you pop a blood vessel.. Lol
Old 11-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #35
Lunchbox6

I grew up around cops. I have seen them away from work, I have seen them around the station. They all have a chip on their shoulders. They dont all beat the out of people but they are almost all just a turned off camera away from it. Next time you see a HCSO deputy check out the fingerless gloves they like to wear. Especially the guys on midnights. Its certainly not so they can drive better. Its so they can bust your head. Its bled over into other departments too. Night shift cops are usually the young guys who feel like they have something to prove. Or the ones who want to fight. They look for an excuse to beat someone. Its bullshit. I have heard the way cops talk around each other. Its scary thinking these are out running loose. Does that mean that sometimes they dont actually do to help people? No of course not. But that doesnt excuse them for being revenue collecting bags.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #36
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Get arrested much??
Old 11-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #37
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Get arrested much??
Actually No. Never. But just because I havent been on the direct receiving end of the doesnt mean I condone it. I know plenty of people who have had to deal with it. I cant imagine the any minority has to go through during a "routine" stop. Wondering if you are going to be hauled to jail or worse. that.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #38
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Ahh, the minority card...cool. Was merely making a joke, carry on with your rant.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #39
Lunchbox6

Dude? Really? Do you really believe that white people dont get treated differently? I know they do. Case in point, I'm white.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #40
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Dude? Really? Do you really believe that white people dont get treated differently? I know they do. Case in point, I'm white.
I've worked in areas with million dollar homes, the wards, and now work city wide....I treat everyone with the same respect I would want someone to treat my Mom. Now has gone south before, yes; but the person I was talking decides how it goes....

You should become a cop and walk a mile in their shoes.....

Advertisement