Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

2009 R6 Black and gold baby!

Yup, everyone pretty much covered the basics. Unfortunately that style of sportster is fading away. I've only seen women on those to be honest.
01ls1ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
selling bike and what to do Silvertaco General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 04-08-2015 10:27 AM
need some help selling my bike.. Kodak General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 04-19-2013 03:16 PM
Selling my Bike makushr1 How To's and Q & A's 14 02-26-2011 02:16 PM
selling a bike Dgig General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 08-08-2008 01:03 AM
ive been playing paper/rock/scissor wrong mekrew Off Topic 14 11-13-2007 08:31 PM
Old 10-31-2014, 09:25 AM   #22
Kilted Basterd
Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

This is certainly nothing against your Sportster in particular, but if I'm buying one, I'm buying it to chop, which means I'm looking for a running engine, title, and not wanting to pay for much else.

Unfortunately, I think the dealer or shop consignment suggestions might be your best bet if craigslist isn't getting you anywhere.
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:43 AM   #23
Solracer Owner.
Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

This thread is a prime example of how that other thread should have gone.

Good job OP and good job members!
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:06 AM   #24
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Originally Posted by Jason_Canuck View Post
The sportster market is saturated and therefore good deals can be had. I am currently looking for sportsterer, but the aesthetics of yours is all wrong for me. I want peanut tank and solo seat. That means I gotta layout an additional 600-800 bucks to replace tins. I think the market as a whole is headed down that path ( just look at style of new sportster line-up), and as such your bike just isn't appealing at the current price point knowing you gotta outlay money to get the looks we want.
Not much more to it than that. Most likely you will have to wait for the right buyer as some people don't like the look of the newer bikes. They are the minority though. You could always just doll up the ad. Take some nice pictures with a nice camera. Maybe use some of the fancy pants instagram effects.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:43 PM   #25
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

Originally Posted by Jason_Canuck View Post
Help me find a deal like that.
LOL Craig's List. Her original ad was $6000, and had sat for 3 months. Her ad asked for any offers, so I thought WTF, I offered her 4k, which was honestly all I had to offer. She countered with another offer, but I couldn't do it. So I said maybe I can in a couple more months. After a week of pondering the one offer she probably received, she contacted me back accepting the 4k.

It was a good deal. The bike is mechanically solid. Couple little things, like anyone might expect. The belt guard has one bolt tab sheared, so the guard clangs around while riding. Gonna just take it off. Idles high, need to adjust that. But I'm going to totally chop it up this spring, and then ride it like I stole it.

Sportsters mostly have two buyers... Chop/bobber guys and women. This bike in the OP will appeal to the latter.
Peace through superior firepower... or something...

LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote