MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Sponsor rates/prices/etc.

Is it too much to ask that a sponsor advertise the prices they charge for equipment they sell or services they render? I understand that there are other sponsors that also may be competitors, but it would be nice if that info was displayed for us. I am just asking as this would be convenient and take the legwork out of calling, waiting, asking for rates...

I live in the southeast and I don't see any shops/sponsors around here, but when it comes to labor/service hours, the shops over on this side have some decent rates. I got quoted $68/hr from a dealer and also $55/hr from a local shop...

just wanted to know if it is asking too much or if there was a reason the sponsors don't do that... I mean if we get service from one of them, we post our gratitude/displeasure so 'competing' shops are going to know what’s up and if they are competitively priced....

please don't ban me.....
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
murder rates witchdoctor575 The Circus 8 07-29-2012 01:15 PM
Mortgage rates? Stang Man Off Topic 11 11-11-2011 09:42 PM
Drive behind rates zerobounds Moto Insurance 12 03-20-2010 12:30 AM
Need some going market rates please. txferrari Off Topic 14 01-20-2009 05:20 PM
Electricity Rates Ogre Off Topic 6 01-15-2009 03:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

I think that the sponsors dont post so they dont have to be locked into one set price. All the sponsors here are going to try and take care of MHers, so in fact they will look at the work you need done and give you a qoute for it.
Just shoot a PM or email or phone call and they will let you know whats up.
I think this way actually gets us better deals.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #3
indoMLA

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop
I think that the sponsors dont post so they dont have to be locked into one set price. All the sponsors here are going to try and take care of MHers, so in fact they will look at the work you need done and give you a qoute for it.
Just shoot a PM or email or phone call and they will let you know whats up.
I think this way actually gets us better deals.
Why would they be locked into a set price as everyone could/should understand if they increase prices (it is the cost of doing business)...
For instance, Patrick is like the 'motorcycle whisperer' (according to Teresa :laughing6 ) and he is extremely helpful, but to drive to his shop from the south is difficult... I would like to know what a shop charges (any shop, not just his) before I make a trip out to them and realize I spent more time and money getting there then anything else....
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
Old 05-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Not sure if this will make sense because I suck at typing out my thoughts but, any of the sponsors will give you their basic pricing. The catch you are going to miss by comparing face value is the true value of their service. It is your bike and your life so i am not trying to push you in any direction by any means but, I would trust my bike in the hands of only a couple of people. Plus, customer loyalty seems to have its own perks as well. Honestly, I do not even price compare anymore. I call one place and it has always been spot on. At first I almost thought Patrick did not like me. He seemed to be a grouchy kind of guy but I soon realized he is just a busy man in a very competitive market that does not feed you BS. Something I really appreciate and can not thank them enough for all their help. I do realize Motorcycles Unlimited is a stretch for some folks and if that is the case try giving Andy over at Metric a ring. Both of these guys are class acts in my book. There are a few more sponsors that may be a bit closer to you but, I can not really comment on their services although several people on here have and could probably chime in about the experience. Good Luck with your search.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Most of us post basic pricing, oil change, tire change etc.
As far as by job, it's diffficult.
Example: carb clean on let's say an '98 GSXR600 is a whole lot less than on say an R6. Also there may be mitigating factors; the bike had sat up for 3 years outside, everything is corroded and the tank is rusted as well.

Your best bet if you have a specific repair you need a quote on is to either call me or one of the other forum sponsors and get a quote.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Not sure if this will make sense because I suck at typing out my thoughts but, any of the sponsors will give you their basic pricing. The catch you are going to miss by comparing face value is the true value of their service. It is your bike and your life so i am not trying to push you in any direction by any means but, I would trust my bike in the hands of only a couple of people. Plus, customer loyalty seems to have its own perks as well. Honestly, I do not even price compare anymore. I call one place and it has always been spot on. At first I almost thought Patrick did not like me. He seemed to be a grouchy kind of guy but I soon realized he is just a busy man in a very competitive market that does not feed you BS. Something I really appreciate and can not thank them enough for all their help. I do realize Motorcycles Unlimited is a stretch for some folks and if that is the case try giving Andy over at Metric a ring. Both of these guys are class acts in my book. There are a few more sponsors that may be a bit closer to you but, I can not really comment on their services although several people on here have and could probably chime in about the experience. Good Luck with your search.

Couldn't have said it better, he's the only one that works on my bikes........even when he's grouchy:icon_bigg
Old 05-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
indoMLA

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Thanks guys for the responses.... the question came about because i went to a shop (will not mention any names) and asked for a specific type of work done... I was doing the same work on my bike that a buddy had done to his bike (buddy has the same exact bike I have). However, when I went to the shop, they were qouting me an entirely different price and rates... I was ...

I try to do all my own repairs/fixes/maintenance, but lately time is a huge problem for me so I don't know about any shops to go to... I used to have a friend that did some of the major stuff for me, but he has unfortunetely moved out of town....

Isn't metric on the southwest side of town?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:36 PM   #8
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoMLA
Thanks guys for the responses.... the question came about because i went to a shop (will not mention any names) and asked for a specific type of work done... I was doing the same work on my bike that a buddy had done to his bike (buddy has the same exact bike I have). However, when I went to the shop, they were qouting me an entirely different price and rates... I was ...

I try to do all my own repairs/fixes/maintenance, but lately time is a huge problem for me so I don't know about any shops to go to... I used to have a friend that did some of the major stuff for me, but he has unfortunetely moved out of town....

Isn't metric on the southwest side of town?
Heights area, Javi is southwest i think.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:42 PM   #9
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx

Couldn't have said it better, he's the only one that works on my bikes........even when he's grouchy:icon_bigg
If i can't do it myself(or I'm too lazy ) i take it to patrick
Old 05-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Heights area, Javi is southwest i think.
Yeah, Javi is Bellaire and Beltway... PM him if tha tis closer to you. I have heard some good things about this guy lately.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #11
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
If i can't do it myself(or I'm too lazy ) i take it to patrick
If it is not washing the bike or cleaning the brakes for the next track day then it is not even worth my time anymore. Just take it to Motorcycles Unlimited.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #12
indoMLA

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Anyone on the southeast side of town?? Was thinking of just going to the dealer... at $65/hr...
Old 05-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #13
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

we charge $85 an hour, $65 is not too bad.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:40 PM   #14
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
:laughing6 MAn, I thought I was the only one who thought that the first few times I met Patrick. But now I see that he was just busy and I call them whenever I need anything. He (and everyone else there) always takes care of me. They are a LONG drive from my place, but it's worth it.

To the original poster, my $0.02 is to find a shop where you like and trust the people, and then stick with them for everything. Being loyal definitely has it's perks. People will take care of you if they see you being loyal and taking care of them.

Support the people that support you!
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #15
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
:laughing6 MAn, I thought I was the only one who thought that the first few times I met Patrick. But now I see that he was just busy and I call them whenever I need anything. He (and everyone else there) always takes care of me. They are a LONG drive from my place, but it's worth it.

To the original poster, my $0.02 is to find a shop where you like and trust the people, and then stick with them for everything. Being loyal definitely has it's perks. People will take care of you if they see you being loyal and taking care of them.

Support the people that support you!
This is a hard lesson learned for some people. :eh:

Old 05-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #16
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

Quote:
Being loyal definitely has it's perks. People will take care of you if they see you being loyal and taking care of them.
very few people these days understand what loyalty is.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #17
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:

+1, LOL
Old 05-24-2007, 02:58 PM   #18
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Honest, fair, and dependable service is priceless to some!

And it helps when everyone is friendly, even when patrick isn't having such a great day. We've all come to know and understand this of him. Great guy Patrick is, don't care what anyone says about him and his business.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #19
aznhero913
J.D.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

Hey some guys are focused when they do their work(pat) and they come off looking mean. Trust me, Pat is classy all the way. Just read some of the threads where people went in and he fixed them up for free. You might wanna check with Javi too, he's on your side of town and has great rates too.
While i'm at it i just wanna take a minute to thank both Javi and Pat for being very helpful, patient, and most importantly honest.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #20
indoMLA

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha429
very few people these days understand what loyalty is.
It has nothing to do with loyalty especially if you never showed patrionage to anyone previously.

Will probably call Javi later...

Advertisement