MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #121
Track_Graphics

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

I got a reckless driving ticket for swerving around two man hole covers. The po po wanted to know if I had some kind of man hold phobia or something. How does a video like this help?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BW8 lane filtering/splitting pics, bumpy ride on lane dividers urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 96 06-30-2016 12:29 PM
Share the lane (lane splitting is not a crime) stickers SideVinder650 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 08-07-2014 08:30 AM
Why are some cagers so off by lane splitting in stopped traffic? TheBeeDeeGee General Discussion (Moto Related) 155 11-01-2013 10:20 PM
TX Bill for lane splitting goes to committee (yes, another lane splitting thread) exalted512 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-14-2011 05:35 PM
Lane-Sharing lane-splitting, white-lining or filtering NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 165 08-14-2008 03:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #122
False

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
I got a reckless driving ticket for swerving around two man hole covers. The po po wanted to know if I had some kind of man hold phobia or something. How does a video like this help?
You stayed in your lane?
False is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #123
Mustapha

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
So if you have a video of you driving in a manner that most judges will more than likely view as validating their already biased attitude that all bikers are jerks, and you run into a car - regardless of why the cager moved his car - and you're supposed to have your vehicle under control at all times including conditions for heavy traffic - - - - - - your video is supposed to get you off the hook?

Unless you got a good friend as a judge. And if you do - please share his/her name because I've been plenty harassed by red 'n blue myself for no reason.

Just trying to understand the mindset of the "I JUST GOTTA LANE SPLIT ON MY BIKE OR I'LL EVAPORATE". I don't see how an incriminating video of your driving will help. I really am interested - has anyone ever gotten a ruling in their favor from a video like this being presented as evidence?
Ah my mistake. I meant an action cam footage is good for evidence in general while riding or driving your car like Russian dash cams. I didn't mean only for lane splitting footage. However, say you illegally lane split at very slow speeds, and another driver maliciously swerves into you, has their window hurling profanities at you, and so on their behaviour would be taken into account also. Thus, you might be at 35% fault for breaking the law and they would be at 65% for being a jerk and going above and beyond your traffic violation.
Mustapha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #124
Mustapha

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
Not to single you out, but this is the problem.

WHY would it offend you? I just dont understand. It is not like he/she cut in front of you at Walmart or the bank.

Could you help me understand your mentality?
Talking to friends and colleagues, the biggest complaint I hear echoes, "wait your turn since it's rude to skip to the front of the line." If you bring up the danger of being rear-ended, they respond that's a danger motoryclists agreed to before buying the bike. If you bring up the fact about filtering in California, Europe, and other places they'll say "well this is Texas so if you want the law changed contact the legislature."
Mustapha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:42 AM   #125
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by False View Post
You stayed in your lane?
Yeah - That's what I argued. Actually, I doubt I even used half a lane. Judge said a million cars a day drive over the covers. They sure can hold up a bike. Now need to be, and I quote, "stunt riding and showing off like you're at a show."
Old 12-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #126
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustapha View Post
Ah my mistake.----- yup, got it - another driver maliciously swerves into you, has their window hurling profanities at you, and so on their behaviour would be taken into account also. Thus, you might be at 35% fault for breaking the law and they would be at 65% for being a jerk and going above and beyond your traffic violation.
Unless you are injured where it can be proven that the driver "intentionally wanted to injure you", I still believe a judge would look at you and say, "You know you were doing wrong and that's what you get, yelled at. Words don't hurt and swerving in front of you don't hurt. Your driving style severely limited your ability to control your vehicle."

I'm not say they are right. 773H no - but come on, you know how they are towards bikers. We all know - the first thing - the judged is NOT on our side and it takes a 773H of a lawyer to make everything look "factual" in your defense.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #127
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

If that's what lane splitting is about, I'd rather not...
Old 12-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #128
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
I've been in California and that's not how it's supposed to be done (traffic moving no faster than 30, bike moving no more than 10 above that, etc.).
Haha. Yeah ok.

Advertisement