MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #161
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreyFan View Post
Study not done by a company profiting from cameras (Virginia DOT). Like I said before, even the most optimistic studies don't predict removing cameras doubles accidents. Other factors at play here in Houston.

http://www.virginiadot.org/vtrc/main.../pdf/07-r2.pdf

You can't make an great safety argument for cameras.
And there it is guys.
The info I never bothered digging up because most of you have your head so far up your "never timed a light wrong" to see it.
All the siyes you guys posted did was take bits and pieces of the study to make it appear in favor of their agenda.
Yes there are less T bones, which results in less injuries caused by them, however the number.of total accidents increases, which also increases injuries.

It's cool though guys, keep sheeping it up at your .gov sites. I hope you all get tickets due to a comically short yellow light interval.
Flip Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Light Cameras Returning NgaWhat Off Topic 182 10-24-2011 02:59 PM
RED LIGHT CAMERAS GONE! morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 89 11-04-2010 05:06 PM
Geesh.... Red Light Cameras tarosean General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 08-06-2008 11:25 PM
if you think red light cameras are bad... SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-29-2007 11:48 AM
caught on red light cameras bigjay77 Off Topic 18 05-23-2007 11:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #162
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
Yep same.goes with caneras issuing bs tickets where the yellow light is less than three seconds. Enough BS tickets and eventually you'll get one too and I can chastize you regarding your ability to negotiate an intersection with a redlight
Your case - if it were actually true - illustrated precisely why the cam is a good idea. The system willfully gave you the evidence to fight that ticket. That is a very open and democratic process.

If that were a cop, it would have been your word against his/hers. You would have had no direct evidence to prove your case, one way or the other, unless you carry your own dash cam.

You - whether you realize or not - have been advocating FOR RLCs.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #163
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
Your case - if it were actually true - illustrated precisely why the cam is a good idea. The system willfully gave you the evidence to fight that ticket. That is a very open and democratic process.

If that were a cop, it would have been your word against his/hers. You would have had no direct evidence to prove your case, one way or the other, unless you carry your own dash cam.

You - whether you realize or not - have been advocating FOR RLCs.
The system gave me a 75 dollar ticket instead of a moving violation, knowing I will likely pay it and move on...then they subsequently did that to thousands of people. They more people over than a cop could ever dream of. No .way in would a cop bother ticketing me for that, epecially in that area.
Again, make sure you vote for the cameras. I want to see your waste a whole day going through a 'democratic process' AKA something they made so inconvenient that youd rather just pay up.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #164
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
And there it is guys.
The info I never bothered digging up because most of you have your head so far up your "never timed a light wrong" to see it.
All the siyes you guys posted did was take bits and pieces of the study to make it appear in favor of their agenda.
Yes there are less T bones, which results in less injuries caused by them, however the number.of total accidents increases, which also increases injuries.

It's cool though guys, keep sheeping it up at your .gov sites. I hope you all get tickets due to a comically short yellow light interval.
That's a gubment study. that, right?

The problem is that they (virginia dot) studied hillbillies like you. It's not valid for native Texans
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #165
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
The system gave me a 75 dollar ticket instead of a moving violation, knowing I will likely pay it and move on...then they subsequently did that to thousands of people. They more people over than a cop could ever dream of. No .way in would a cop bother ticketing me for that, epecially in that area.
Again, make sure you vote for the cameras. I want to see your waste a whole day going through a 'democratic process' AKA something they made so inconvenient that youd rather just pay up.
Oh I would vote for it allright. In that time that RLC was in effect in Houston, and all this time that the other RLCs are still in effect around where I live, I have only gotten popped once, which I knew I was guilty as soon as I crossed that intersection and saw the two POP POP flashes. I paid it, fair and square.

That is a lot more than what I can say about all the BS tickets I received going through speed traps. Last one of those was doing 45 in a 30mph zone 7:30am Sat on Bellaire. I paid a lot more than $75 and had to go to court and take defensive driving. Yet, the possible consequence of that offense pales in comparison to running a red light and t-boning a family car.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #166
Lunchbox6

What if I just dont like the idea of the gubment watching me? Would everyone be ok with a radar gun attached to a camera that just clocked you and ticketed you for speeding? They just set them up all along the roads and mailed the tickets to you.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #167
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
Oh I would vote for it allright. In that time that RLC was in effect in Houston, and all this time that the other RLCs are still in effect around where I live, I have only gotten popped once, which I knew I was guilty as soon as I crossed that intersection and saw the two POP POP flashes. I paid it, fair and square.

That is a lot more than what I can say about all the BS tickets I received going through speed traps. Last one of those was doing 45 in a 30mph zone 7:30am Sat on Bellaire. I paid a lot more than $75 and had to go to court and take defensive driving. Yet, the possible consequence of that offense pales in comparison to running a red light and t-boning a family car.
Like I said I had no problem with the cams, but that yellow light at 610 and westheimer was ridiculous.
Affer that I was convinced that it was 100% about revenue, Before that I had no issue because I am a cautious driver and I don't run lights...but once they sent me
That BS I was , especially after watching the video and seeing the light go from green to yellow to red in MAYBE a seconds time. Point is, it was probably the fastest yellow light I have seen and to hear that thousands more had the same issue made me.more against them.
Think about why they dont give you a moving violation and only charge 75 dollars....just think about it. Did you commit a less serious offense? Are they just being nice? No. They just don't want you to dispute it, that's all. Sure most people are guilty, but a lot aren't and that's why I'm agaimst it.
Busting more people is not worth falsely accusing thousands IMO.

Last edited by Flip Flop; 10-29-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #168
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox6 View Post
What if I just dont like the idea of the gubment watching me? Would everyone be ok with a radar gun attached to a camera that just clocked you and ticketed you for speeding? They just set them up all along the roads and mailed the tickets to you.
Oh trust me, if we just bend over and take this redlight , that will.be next...followed by who knows what. Use your imagination
Old 10-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #169
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Like I said I had no problem with the cams, but that yellow light at 610 and westheimer was ridiculous.
It's funny that out of all the riders that visit PP1 (myself included) you're the only one that has bitched about a short yellow at that intersection.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:57 PM   #170
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Thats probably because the riders who visit poser point have no regard for red lights, or most traffic laws for that matter

Also, I would imagine they fixed it after thousands got out of paying their camera tickets. This was a long time ago, so I'd imagine it got fixed a long time ago.
Also, had I not been issued a 75 dollar ticket, subsequently being forced to analyze the video footage, I would.not have noticed/cared how short it was either.

Last edited by Flip Flop; 10-29-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #171
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Hey Bevo, over in Florida the cameras are a hit. They are everywhere. What do you think about that?
Old 10-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #172
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Hey Bevo, over in Florida the cameras are a hit. They are everywhere. What do you think about that?
I think you should go enjoy them

Yellow does not mean accelerate
Old 10-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #173
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Old 10-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #174
MoreyFan

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR
Ducati Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Yellow does not mean accelerate
MoreyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:05 PM   #175
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Affer that I was convinced that it was 100% about revenue, Before that I had no issue because I am a cautious driver and I don't run lights...but once they sent me
That BS I was , especially after watching the video and seeing the light go from green to yellow to red in MAYBE a seconds time. Point is, it was probably the fastest yellow light I have seen and to hear that thousands more had the same issue made me.more against them.
Think about why they dont give you a moving violation and only charge 75 dollars....just think about it. Did you commit a less serious offense? Are they just being nice? No. They just don't want you to dispute it, that's all. Sure most people are guilty, but a lot aren't and that's why I'm agaimst it.
Busting more people is not worth falsely accusing thousands IMO.
Yes, traffic enforcement is a cash cow for the municipalities - however they go about it. Still... whether it is operated by LEOs or by cams, overall, the public is better off with enforcement than without. They both modify motorist behavior for the better... in the aggregate. I would not advocate abolishing traffic cops, just because I know full well some municipalities rake in tons of money with it. Same goes for the cams.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #176
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Oh trust me, if we just bend over and take this redlight , that will.be next...followed by who knows what. Use your imagination
+1
They already have had them for years in England and they are widely hated. They call them gatsos.

There is better technology now. Link the GPS that's already in most newer cars to an up link that already exists (like onstar).
The GPS knows the speed limit on the road you are driving, when you exceed it, an auto report can be made to the popo computer that issues you a ticket.
No fuss no muss.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #177
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
+1
They already have had them for years in England and they are widely hated. They call them gatsos.

There is better technology now. Link the GPS that's already in most newer cars to an up link that already exists (like onstar).
The GPS knows the speed limit on the road you are driving, when you exceed it, an auto report can be made to the popo computer that issues you a ticket.
No fuss no muss.
wow.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #178
MoreyFan

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR
Ducati Monster

Quote:
They already have had them for years in England and they are widely hated.
Anyone who doesn't know about them must never watch Top Gear.
MoreyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #179
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
+1

No fuss no muss.
That's a whole lot worse. At least with cams, there are digital records archived that can be converted back to analog (images) and interpreted by humans.

With purely digital data and absolutely no means of analog human oversight, it is ripe for abuse and leaves no room for rebuttal.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #180
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

I didnt read this whole thread. I live in an area with RLC and they dont bother me. What I would be really opposed to is speed cameras.....

Advertisement