MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #81
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
Good point I'm off today WTF am I doing on here???
I think I will go out for a ride.
You going to go out and blow some trolls, I mean blow some tolls?

BTW yellow traffic lights are designed to stay illuminated for a minimum of 3 seconds in a 30MPH zone, and this can be changed based on speedlimit for the area typically 1 sec per 10 MPH.

If you got a ticket for blowing a yellow that you claim was only .01 seconds before going to red, you could have fought that easily and not paid the ticket.

I got one for blowing a red light right behind a cement mixer truck that was goign too slow through the intersection.

I went to court explained to the prosecutor, that I was directly behind the cent truck, as he went through the light I followed him on green, by the time the light turned red, he still wasn;t throught the intersection, on a left hand turn.

It got dropped.

So who's really dumber the guy that didn't fight the ticket, or the guy who wants camera's.

As part of any defensive driving course, they tell you to anticipate what may happen at an intersection, by being aware of your surroundings.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Light Cameras Returning NgaWhat Off Topic 182 10-24-2011 02:59 PM
RED LIGHT CAMERAS GONE! morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 89 11-04-2010 05:06 PM
Geesh.... Red Light Cameras tarosean General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 08-06-2008 11:25 PM
if you think red light cameras are bad... SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-29-2007 11:48 AM
caught on red light cameras bigjay77 Off Topic 18 05-23-2007 11:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #82
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

Shel, as a newer rider, you better check yourself when coming up to intersections plenty of people on bikes have been broadsided by people running red lights. And you may be right, but you'll still be underneath the car. Also people get spooked by cars turning on your green.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #83
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Thats all fine and good, but im not going to miss out on 220 dollars in pay to try and fight a 75 dollar ticket that has no points added to my license...which is what they were counting on and likely why there was a class action case involving that exact intersection...didn't hear about it until after I paid it.

So whos really the dumber guy? The guy who paid 75 so he can earn 220, or the guy who had to drag his to court on account of a camera that has no ability to use discretion issuing them a ticket, yet he is still pro camera?...it's a lose lose, isn't it?
People are reviewing those videos, don't you think they should have caught that instead of you javing to fight it in court? OH that's right, those people are only employed because of the excessi e ticket issuing, so of course they still sent you a ticket, hoping you would just pay up since you jave a job to go to like most people.
Flip Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #84
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Shel, as a newer rider, you better check yourself when coming up to intersections plenty of people on bikes have been broadsided by people running red lights. And you may be right, but you'll still be underneath the car. Also people get spooked by cars turning on your green.
True, but I'm sure infinitely more have been rear ended at an intersection. I'll take the small increase of a broadside in exchange for a huge decrease in chance of being rear ended on my bike any day...however I do try to stop next to the car in front of me as opposed to behind jt.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #85
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Thats all fine and good, but im not going to miss out on 220 dollars in pay to try and fight a 75 dollar ticket that has no points added to my license...which is what they were counting on and likely why there was a class action case involving that exact intersection...didn't hear about it until after I paid it.

So whos really the dumber guy? The guy who paid 75 so he can earn 220, or the guy who had to drag his to court on account of a camera that has no ability to use discretion issuing them a ticket, yet he is still pro camera?...it's a lose lose, isn't it?
People are reviewing those videos, don't you think they should have caught that instead of you javing to fight it in court? OH that's right, those people are only employed because of the excessi e ticket issuing, so of course they still sent you a ticket, hoping you would just pay up since you jave a job to go to like most people.
Should've called Fresnel.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #86
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Unfortunately your type of posting leads to people shaking their heads and leaving MH.
The "Ignore" button is still available.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #87
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Was no light to run, bro.
So wait a minute were you just sitting there stopped in the middle of the road for 30 seconds? You pro redlight cam guys are something else
Old 10-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #88
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
The point is i shouldn't HAVE to call a freaking attourney because the county wants to use cameras as a source of revenue! I've never been in trouble, I have no clue how the legal system works and I want nothng to do with it. I shouldn't be forced into court or hiring an attourney because their camera's are issuing tickets to everyone and their mother who gets stuck behind a slow.moving truck in an intersection.
The burden is supposed to be on the state to prove my guilt, not the other way around.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #89
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:

Did you look into actually fighting the ticket, or just make an assumption? From what I remember reading on the ticket my wife got (technically my name on the citation, but I was not in the car that night), it's not a court hearing, it's essentially a written protest. Also, why bother paying it at all? Depending on where you live, of course, the biggest penalty is that they can recommend the tax office not renew your registration. Ft. Bend tax offices apparently still want your registration money, so if you go to the office they'll still renew for you. It also can't impact your credit score, etc. I did consult with Fresnel about fighting it and the answer was basically along the lines of "it's not worth it". When you consider the penalty for not paying after I receive a letter from some company in Arizona who says I magically owe them money is practically non-existant, what do you think I did? I certainly didn't miss work over it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackjum View Post
They are civil infractions with no criminal liability whatsoever. Meaning a warrant will never issue for your arrest because you didn't pay it.

By Texas law, they cannot report you to your credit.

I can't advise you that you shouldn't pay it. But there are virtually no ramifications to not paying.

Last edited by Jae; 10-29-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #90
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
The "Ignore" button is still available.
And so is banning somebody for the good of the community.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #91
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

I was wrong in my recollection, it does require a hearing to fight it.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #92
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Pretty sure the ticket told me to pay or appear in court. Can't remember for sure, it was fiveish years ago.
Anatram says he went to court, maybe they changed it at some point. Wouldn't be surprised if the court system was being flooded by camera disputes. They said that light I got a ticket at busted 75,000 people in a month. Think aboit all that money! That's one light.
I do remember toward the end before they got rid of them, they were kind of a joke. Even the news was more or less telling people to ignore them.

Edit: sorry missed your post jae...good job not giving into.those bastards

Last edited by Flip Flop; 10-29-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #93
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

edit: yeah, just saw yours as well.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:21 AM   #94
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Quote:
I'd imagine you'll be getting banned for that reason any second now. It was nice knowing you, I wish you the best on your jersey shore auditions this year.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #95
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Will gladly for a bannable offense, but not because you don't agree with his opinion or personality.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #96
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
I'd imagine you'll be getting banned for that reason any second now. It was nice knowing you, I wish you the best on your jersey shore auditions this year.
There's a difference between posting your opinion and just sittring up drama on multiple threads. Let's try to stay on the right side of the road please.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #97
jimmy the gent
wich u gon do?

Experience: 7 years

Unfortunately, traffic cameras (like gun laws) may become a required part of life in large less civilized cities were some of the people treat traffic laws as optional. Otherwise, my only gripe about traffic cameras (never been hit by one) is that there is no contesting the edge cases (that I know of). For example, a traffic signal which does not detect a motorcycle in queue but tickets after the light is ran.

― Steve Sailer
jimmy the gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #98
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
...huh?
Old 10-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #99
MoreyFan

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR
Ducati Monster

Not even the most generous studies I could find show the crashes are reduced by a large enough number to account for a doubling of accidents post cameras. This means either HPD is fudging, or other factors largely contributed to accident increase.
MoreyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #100
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Sorry Repth, the phone I am using kept your post that I qouted previously saved, so the next time I posted a qoute, it showed up somehow. None of that was directed at you at all.

Advertisement