MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #61
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
Jet are you aware that fighting is illegal? Hope there arent any assualt cams in your parking lot
Maybe you missed my previous post about being 100% responsible for my actions if I play on the other side of the law. I've sat in jail for less, and I'll do it again with a smile on my face.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Light Cameras Returning NgaWhat Off Topic 182 10-24-2011 02:59 PM
RED LIGHT CAMERAS GONE! morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 89 11-04-2010 05:06 PM
Geesh.... Red Light Cameras tarosean General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 08-06-2008 11:25 PM
if you think red light cameras are bad... SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-29-2007 11:48 AM
caught on red light cameras bigjay77 Off Topic 18 05-23-2007 11:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2014, 08:48 AM   #62
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
It's a common myth that the cameras increase accidents. Don't stop believing.
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/re...-running/qanda
Old 10-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #63
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:

I've been rear ended because someone had their head square up their like most drivers. I'd been stopped for at least 30 seconds.
Should have ran the light bro! are you sure you should be riding a motorcycle?

and yes the light was yellow for less than a second. Trust me I was . I stidied the video and ultimately just paid it to avoid the hassle. The defective light has everything to do with the camera continuing to issue tickets. It goes back to that whole officer using discretion before issuing a ticket thing I was saying....
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #64
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
It's not the profit that bothers me. All traffic tickets are more about profit than safety IMHO.
What bothers me is the proliferation of automated monitoring of the public. It should bother all of you as well.
How else are we going to catch jacked-up football players knocking their wives out in an elevator.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #65
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
Maybe you missed my previous post about being 100% responsible for my actions if I play on the other side of the law. I've sat in jail for less, and I'll do it again with a smile on my face.
Watch out guys we got an internet badass rebel nonconformist on our hands here!
You just won't catch him trying to make the intersection when the light turns yellow at the last minute, because if it turns red before you are completely out of the intersection, that's illegal.

Unlike you I'm not a criminal. I like to maintain my innocence and I don't like being accused of a offense due to faulty equipment.

One thing I notice with you redlight cam enthusiasts is that you have an "I'm smarter than everyone else' attitude and you seem to think your doesn't stink. Most people on the road aren't the idiots you take them for and plenty of people are falsely issued tickets due to ridiculous timing of the lights.
May not have happened to you, but when it does maybe you'll get real about the subject. personally I believe they rigged the light intentionally in an area where people have more money than sense and will just pay up.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #66
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Should have ran the light bro! are you sure you should be riding a motorcycle?

and yes the light was yellow for less than a second. Trust me I was . I stidied the video and ultimately just paid it to avoid the hassle. The defective light has everything to do with the camera continuing to issue tickets. It goes back to that whole officer using discretion before issuing a ticket thing I was saying....
Was no light to run, bro. I've developed the skills necessary to safely proceed through intersections so fancy lights and cameras are not an obstacle for me.

I organize and show up to group rides even though I didn't start a FB page related to motorcycling, so yea, I should be riding.
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #67
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
personally I believe they rigged the light intentionally in an area where people have more money than sense and will just pay up.
Ah, so the truth comes out. You wandered outside the ghetto
Old 10-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #68
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
You guys are some real bread winners posting statistics from a site affiliated with the cameras lol...you don't think they stand to profit from moee cameras? They wouldn't lie to you I'm sure.

Notice they admit it increases rear ens collisions. Notice they throw out all kinds of percentages, but never the percentage of increased rear end collisions? That's because it's 800%! :Rofl:800!...sorry but I'd rather take a small increase in chance of having a fatal right angle crash which are rare anyways as opposed to an 800% increased chance of being rear ended.(also a much more common accident to begin with,so the percentage has a bigger affect)...especially whilst riding a motorcycle.

The fact still stands that the cameras increase the AMOUNT of accidents. What they decrease is fatal accidents.
At a given intersection, how many fatal accidents are there? An increase of o.e or two could be a nice, big change in percentage for them to post on their website and brainwash you into supporting cameras.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #69
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
I support the red light cameras.
I've never received a ticket due to one, and I've never been in an accident due to one either. I've witnessed 2 fatalities due to idiots running red lights, one was a pedestrian crossing the street and I'll never forget watching that man get smoked by that truck. Have you ever felt a lifeless body that was still warm to the touch while attempting to comfort someone that was slowly fading into permanent darkness? I support the revenue generated by the cameras, it helps to offset the high cost of the societal leeches. I support photo enforcement of basic traffic crimes, the cameras seem far more effective than paying foot fetish weirdo cops to do the same job. I support personal freedoms and less government intrusion into our lives, but I also support holding yourself accountable for your own actions. Most people getting tickets ARE violating basic traffic laws. I support Shelnutt putting his money where his mouth is. This is the internet, and the last time I checked, people on this forum regularly ruffle each others feathers for dramatic effect. If you don't like my comments in this forum, ban me, make sure it's permanent and not a silly 3 day vacation.
I agree with the majority of your opinions. Nothing you said was ban worthy. Everyone ruffles each other's feathers and I was ruffling yours. Giving someone on the internet your address so they can come over to your house and deliver an -whooping over their comments and opinions is a little too dramatic, no? Let's stick to the debate without personal threats.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #70
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Watch out guys we got an internet badass rebel nonconformist on our hands here!
Funny statement coming from the guy cursing, calling names, and recommending physical violence due to altering opinions on the internet. I've refrained from participating in either of your "internet badass rebel nonconformist" behaviors as, unlike you, internet comments don't get me too riled up. One of these days, our paths are going to cross, and I'll prove your point to you without ever mumbling a single word.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #71
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Yeah dude I'm going to organize rides when I've been riding less than a year and don't know the routes.

And FYI I have organized meets on there and I did the first one. Andrew does a better job getting everyone together, so I let him handle it. Never seen you at one, but maybe that's because you seem tothink cypress is ghetto?
The forums are fun to BS around but I wanted to meet people in real life, in my community.
It was my idea to make it and it's worked out nicely, so hate all you want just because you didn't tjink of it.
BTW most rides and meets don't usually involve red lights, so you are kind of going the wrong direction with this.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #72
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
brainwash you into supporting cameras.
I've been brainwashed with common sense. You should start a thread about gasoline since it costs you money and it's taxed
Old 10-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #73
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Funny statement coming from the guy cursing, calling names, and recommending physical violence due to altering opinions on the internet. I've refrained from participating in either of your "internet badass rebel nonconformist" behaviors as, unlike you, internet comments don't get me too riled up. One of these days, our paths are going to cross, and I'll prove your point to you without ever mumbling a single word.
Dude the comment about having your kicked was a figure of speech. I guess you really did spend some time in jail.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #74
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
I've been brainwashed with common sense. You should start a thread about gasoline since it costs you money and it's taxed
Prices have gone down, plus I drive a versa. I got no complaints there
Old 10-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #75
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Yeah dude I'm going to organize rides when I've been riding less than a year and don't know the routes.

And FYI I have organized meets on there and I did the first one. Andrew does a better job getting everyone together, so I let him handle it. Never seen you at one, but maybe that's because you seem tothink cypress is ghetto?
The forums are fun to BS around but I wanted to meet people in real life, in my community.
It was my idea to make it and it's worked out nicely, so hate all you want just because you didn't tjink of it.
BTW most rides and meets don't usually involve red lights, so you are kind of going the wrong direction with this.
Funny that I've ridden with Andrew and I regularly show up to Buc-ee's in Cypress (your hood) but I've never seen you.

I guess you're more of a bar stool rider than bike rider
Old 10-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #76
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Funny that I've ridden with Andrew and I regularly show up to Buc-ee's in Cypress (your hood) but I've never seen you.

I guess you're more of a bar stool rider than bike rider
Actually I haven't drank in almost five months.
I work most weekends and I prefer to spend weeknights at home with the family.
Besides, someone might show up to kick my after they've escalated my internet shenanigans to real life threats of psycical violence
The last thing I want is douchebags like that showing up to our friendly meets on account of me
Talk to Andrew, I'm not a bad guy. Just like to have my fun on the interwebz by spewing my opinionated ideals on controversial subjects.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:12 AM   #77
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Besides, someone might show up to kick my after they've escalated my internet shenanigans to real life threats of psycical violence
The last thing I want is douchebags like that showing up to our friendly meets on account of me
Talk to Andrew, I'm not a bad guy. Just like to have my fun on the interwebz by spewing my opinionated ideals on controversial subjects.
More riding, less posting
Old 10-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #78
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Good point I'm off today WTF am I doing on here???
I think I will go out for a ride.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #79
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Unfortunately your type of posting leads to people shaking their heads and leaving MH.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #80
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Does it? Why haven't you left yet?
I tend to think the opposite is true. It's like a train wreck. People just can't stop looking no matter how bad it is.

Ok guy's I'll tone it down so the place doesn't lose all its web traffic...

Advertisement