Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #221
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

As far as I can tell, they were never psychically taken down and a lot of them still seem to be functional, they just quit ticketing people.

However, you live in pearland and I don't. I can only speak for the areas that I ride through.

Sounds like the feds got what they wanted out of the deal.
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Light Cameras Returning NgaWhat Off Topic 182 10-24-2011 02:59 PM
RED LIGHT CAMERAS GONE! morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 89 11-04-2010 05:06 PM
Geesh.... Red Light Cameras tarosean General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 08-06-2008 11:25 PM
if you think red light cameras are bad... SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-29-2007 11:48 AM
caught on red light cameras bigjay77 Off Topic 18 05-23-2007 11:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #222
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

So now the $ goes to attys to fight actual paper tickets. Turns out the guy who Led the charge against cameras is guess what ?

A traffic atty.... kubosh

So instead of $ going to the city it goes into attys pockets.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #223
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

I don't really give a who led the charge, as long as the city isn't committing literal highway robbery against me anymore. Adolf Hitler could have led it for all I care.

They got what they deserved for being overzealous with it. If I could meet the attorney I'd probably buy him a beer.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #224
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
So did you take them down? Did they get taken down? I need updates. Are there red-light cameras in Sugar Land?
As long as you don't run a red light you have nothing to worry about.
You're welcome.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:21 PM   #225
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
Precisely.
Please don't ask me to get more specific because they are all the same scumbags with the same general agenda.
Jet was saying that as far as he can tell the federal government is not profiting on the cams, so there is no way they would have skewed the study he posted to be in favor of the cameras.
Sooo.... I suppose the federal government has absolutely no interest in the general idea of monitoring everything you do?
I didn't link to a study. I posted a link to the IIHS, one of the most respected automotive safety groups in the world. The LINK that I posted references 26 different studies, and those studies cover almost every aspect of red light cameras. Quit trying to discredit the credible information that I posted simply because it differs from your viewpoint. Your link of an 800% increase is impressive, it's heavily referenced by RLC opponents, but it's far from an all encompassing study and it lacks 95% of the hard data that the IIHS link does. I don't care if RLC's are in place or not. I'll deal with the legal system if I get caught violating the law, doesn't matter if I get caught by man or machine. I also don't care about the $75 fine (although I'd fight it if I felt it wasn't justified) as I'll earn that money back in just over an hour at my desk. As far as the federal government monitoring everything we do, welcome to 10 years ago. Take a few minutes to google the Utah Data Center, just remember, it's for "our safety". Since my online postings of government "key words" raised flags in the autonomous data monitoring systems years ago. . .whoever/whatever is monitoring this conversation, and you, can off.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #226
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

You linked a .gov after iihs, which is what I was referencing. After I told you in not so many words that it was a joke because of .gov, you said they had no reason to falsify any of the info, because it's the federal government, so they aren't profiting off the cameras...all Im saying is profits aren't the only reason they woild stand behind something.

Doesn't matter anyways. You could show me a link where jesus christ studied it and he says they are great and it wouldn't phase me. This is one of those things where people have their mind made up from the get go.

Sounds to me like you are nuetral as far as the cameras go anyways and we seem to hold about the same views regarding electronic monitoring by our government, so I'm really not sure why you are getting so upset with me
Old 10-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #227
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
I'm really not sure why you are getting so upset with me
Probably general annoyance with your antics culminating with the veiled threat of an -whooping for anyone that disagreed with you. Perfect storm of events, so to speak. I doubt if many on here blame him.
pinball is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-31-2014, 05:11 AM   #228
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
However, you live in pearland and I don't. I can only speak for the areas that I ride through.
I do? umkay
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:12 AM   #229
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
As long as you don't run a red light you have nothing to worry about.
You're welcome.
Yeah, I try to avoid red-lights all together when I ride, but I do understand and know the traffic light color sequence just in case
Old 10-31-2014, 05:17 AM   #230
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

I have absolutely no problem with red light cameras. I have problems with tards that run red light in front of my neighbor hood every morning. There are a lot of things in this world I will fight for. The bad guys ain't one of them.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-31-2014, 06:58 AM   #231
ST675
01101000 01101001

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

No one should be allowed to drive.. period.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:11 AM   #232
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

The cameras will come back and speeding cameras will be introduced at sometime in the future. It's only a matter of when. If it bothers you then ....

In the words of Jim Carrey: 'Stop breaking the law ---hole'.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-31-2014, 07:25 AM   #233
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
culminating with the veiled threat of an -whooping for anyone that disagreed with you.
Sorry I try to bite my tongue around here, but that is slander.

I never said I, or anyone else for that matter would be kicking anyone's .

What I said was:
Quote:
Anyone who wants the cameras back should have their kicked.
Yeah dude, what do you think? I'm going to personally kick everyone in the cities who want's the camera's back? Are you crazy?

Are you guys telling me you have never heard that figure of speech used before in a joking manner with your buddies, ect.?
Anyways, just in case anyone else is confused; I don't actually wish any real harm to anyone who disagrees with anything I say. It was just a figure of speech.
Sucks that I have to spell that out for some people, but I guess some people are just a lot more violent by nature than others and like to handle problems by kicking peoples .

So now what's the excuse? my "antics"? Not sure what you mean by "antics", but if you are talking about me colorfully expressing my opinions, well...

Now who is the one thinking it's okay to make threats to kick someones , because they don't agree with someone's opinion?
Old 10-31-2014, 08:19 AM   #234
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Sucks that I have to spell that out for some people, but I guess some people are just a lot more violent by nature than others and like to handle problems by kicking peoples .
You insinuated that people in support of RLC's should have their kicked. You continue to insinuate that some of us aren't smart enough to understand your verbal intent, that simply isn't the case. No one thought you were going to kick anyone's , because we all think you're a . What you didn't insinuate was the cursing and name calling, it's plain as day, we all read it, and much of it was directed at me. You may think that violence isn't the answer, and you're welcome to your opinion. While violence isn't always the answer, sometimes it's the only answer, and there are people that walk this earth that are perfectly willing and able to provide you with a lesson in respect that no words can ever teach. Not everyone views the internet as a playground that lacks consequences, most of us respect each other enough to choose our verbiage wisely, or we know to face the consequences like men. You can justify your mouthing off however you wish, but I'll neither forgive nor forget the you talked. . .it's not in my nature.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:05 AM   #235
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
You continue to insinuate that some of us aren't smart enough to understand your verbal intent, that simply isn't the case. No one thought you were going to kick anyone's , because we all think you're a . What you didn't insinuate was the cursing and name calling, it's plain as day, we all read it, and much of it was directed at me
Let me say it again in case you are just skimming through. I don't actually wish harm on anyone who supports red light cameras. The statement about having your kicked was a figure of speech.
AFTER I explained that it was a figure of speech, you keep latching on to the excuse that I literally wish harm on people for the simple act of supporting red light cameras, which is ridiculous. So yeah I guess you either aren't smart enough, or are just one of those guys who goes around looking for excuses to assault people.
Do you know why the cursing and name calling was directed at you? Because you threatened to kick my over the internet because of my opinion and comments!
I never directed ANYTHING at you until that happened.

Don't twist this around and make me the here. You're the one who flipped out and started making personal threats over a generalized statement of an opinion I strongly hold.

I used a figure of speech that wasn't direct at anyone.
Your first post in this thread was:

Quote:
If I say I want them back, will you volunteer to come attempt the kicking???
Which at that point I decided to ignore you and never posted anything else. no swearing or insults that you are speaking of. Then...

Quote:
I support Shelnutt putting his money where his mouth is. This is the internet, and the last time I checked, people on this forum regularly ruffle each others feathers for dramatic effect.
Which at that point I thought we were ruffling each other feathers for dramatic effect, so yeah I threw in the dudely do right comment. My bad I guess?

Then apparently you had a flashback from the prison days and posted:

Quote:
I'm sitting on the 20th floor of Enterprise Plaza at 1100 Louisiana Street right now. Calling me an and dudley do right idiot for my opinion? Now that you have the address, you want to bring me that kicking?
Then I told you that I would not be meeting you at lunch, because I have nothing against your real life persona and this was all interwebz fun and games and:

Quote:
I don't separate my time on the internet from "real life" as I'm not a troll and I don't play online as if it were some sort of imaginary fantasy land. In my world, actions have consequences and I consider those consequences prior to engaging in said actions. I'll take my permaban when it's handed out, and I'll sit in jail with a smile on my face if my actions lead me down that path, both are previously stated in this thread. I don't have an online alter ego. I'm exactly the same in person in the "real world" as I am on this forum. You've continued to spew insults, insinuations, and cursing as if those actions don't carry "real world" consequences. Sometimes I leave my "good judgment" and my bail money at home on the counter when I head out the door. . .it's almost always worth the trouble.
uhhhh...mind blown dude, wut happened to ruffling each others feathers?

Which at that point I decided you were attempting to bully and intimidate me over the internet, which is a huge joke to me and does not scare me, so I pinned you for what you are; an internet badass.
Here's the definition, since you seem to be confused on that one:
Quote:
Internet Badass
An Internet Badass is similar to the Internet Gangsta.

They are someone who uses the internet so they can appear tough, they are often seen getting in pointless Nerd Wars, they tend to threaten somebody with physical violence, saying things like "I'll kick your !" When in reality, they are the kid in your class that sits at their desk quietly and reads Naruto comics.

The sad thing is, this is the only life for some people, they can't pull it off in reality, so they think they can get some "Internet Respect"

internet badass: ur just lucky i can't get to you!
Which also seems to fit in with your bragging of how much money you make, your 20th floor office, your time in the slammer, ect. like that's supposed to impress anyone.

Quote:
Funny statement coming from the guy cursing, calling names, and recommending physical violence due to altering opinions on the internet. I've refrained from participating in either of your "internet badass rebel nonconformist" behaviors as, unlike you, internet comments don't get me too riled up. One of these days, our paths are going to cross, and I'll prove your point to you without ever mumbling a single word.
First off, I need to point one thing out: "internet comments don't get me riled up"? yeah okay.

Your continuation of trying to bully me over the internet is downright pathetic and only fueled my desire to continue you off with offensive comments... Threatening to find me and kick my , which is what you eventually did, for as far I can tell "because I'm a " is extremely childish, is a form of bullying, is just sad and accomplishes the opposite of what you are going for.
So if I wasn't a "a " you wouldn't be trying to fight me? Does that not make you a yourself? You only pick fights with people you know are ? You're real hard bro. You must be a member of the sons of anarchy.

So just to be clear again; You don't scare me. No, I won't be meeting you anywhere. I'm not into fighting, I think it's stupid and if you choose to intentionally "cross paths and prove my point without speaking a word", I will deal with you in the same manner I would any criminal attempting to attack me...so next time you leave the house, don't forget your judgement and you can keep the bail money. One way or the other, you won't be needing it.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #236
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Let me say it again in case you are just skimming through.
Dude, if you spent as much time riding as posting, you'd have enough miles under your belt to make 10 round trips to the moon
Liked this post:
Old 10-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #237
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Dude, if you spent as much time riding as posting, you'd have enough miles under your belt to make 10 round trips to the moon
I ride into work everyday I can and I work 7 days a week a majority of the year. What more do you want from me

It's more like if I spent as much time working as I did posting, I'd either be promoted or fired by now.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #238
Lunchbox6

This makes my head hurt.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #239
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
I ride into work everyday I can and I work 7 days a week a majority of the year. What more do you want from me

It's more like if I spent as much time working as I did posting, I'd either be promoted or fired by now.
7 days a week? I think I'd find different job
Old 10-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #240
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

I don't see any threats posted, only insinuation and "figures of speech" as you like to say. Internet badass. . .that's funny! After 10 years on this forum, I'm pretty sure my cover would have been blown by now. Those reading this that know me know that I'm no different on here than face to face. There's no need for me to continue feeding your trolling posts, I've stated my position on the subject and look forward to the day that we get to meet.

Advertisement