MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #21
nwall1

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 aprilia shiver 750
2002 cr250 (sold)
2003 rc51 (sold)

Ive had good experience with Motorcycles Unlimited. But have had bad experiences with a few others that are sponsors here. its bound to happen. I do all I can to my bike but the stiluff like fork seals/ tire changes I take else where
nwall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much would it cost to get a bike painted? Donte General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 04-18-2013 11:46 AM
How much does a TMGP bike cost? obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 29 07-10-2012 01:57 PM
how much would it cost me 2 get my bike from a to b... pwned General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 02-10-2010 01:38 PM
Cost of owning a bike Faylaricia General Discussion (Moto Related) 60 10-12-2007 11:22 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #22
joeybaila

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
The only reason you are not seeing bad comments about M.U is because they are sponsor here so all bad comments and threads are going to be deleted or closed all together. If you care about your life, buy the tools the service book and do it your self. I have a long list of dealers and local shops that I tried which I'll never be going back unless if I'm buying parts. I'm the owner of Near Miss Racing LW endurance team and I do all the maintenance and bike set up. If you want details of my experience with M.U. and the other shops and dealers I tried just PM me. We'll continue this conversation in private.

I will also disagree with you Rod. I personally have never had any problems with the work they do. I have told Patrick that his prices were a little higher than I liked, but I would rather pay him a little more to have the job done right then pay a little less and have some schmuck work on it. Plus everyone there is really friendly and no one ever gets ignored. I love taking my bikes there for things I can't do myself. Motorcycles Unlimited is worth the drive and the wait.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #23
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

I took my bike to service the forks. There were no leaks. Where have you seeing someone lift your bike with a Hydraulic Floor Jack from under the bike where the Jardin GP canister stay and strapping the tail of the bike down so it won't tilt forward? What happen with lifting the bike from under the triple tree to take the forks out? So the bracket got damaged :/ There is more then that. I just got done servicing the forks again (there was no leaks) and it seams that only one leg was serviced when I compared how dirty was the oil from one leg to the other. Who's to say that was not the cause of me crashing on T9 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and end up with knee surgery?
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #24
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

No one is perfect. No shop is perfect. No customer is perfect. We all have our bad days. happens to all sorts of people in all sorts of industries, it's how the shop rectifies the situation that means the most to me. I've been around this sport for quite a while, and I've seen comments from both sides of the fence, and Patrick and crew do a good job compared to the rest of the industry in Houston. Every coin has two sides, I'm sure he'll be here soon to let us know the other side of the story.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #25
Rod

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
No one is perfect. No shop is perfect. No customer is perfect. We all have our bad days. happens to all sorts of people in all sorts of industries, it's how the shop rectifies the situation that means the most to me. I've been around this sport for quite a while, and I've seen comments from both sides of the fence, and Patrick and crew do a good job compared to the rest of the industry in Houston. Every coin has two sides, I'm sure he'll be here soon to let us know the other side of the story.
He already did and we are good. Untitled zpsdb35ae5f

I also said I have a list of bad "professional service" provided by dealers and other shops around town. Do you want to hear it? This was the last drop. My thoughts were "now that I have a good paying job I can't afford professional service"... well, think again... I bought the tools and the books and I do it all my self for now on and what I don't know I ask my knowledgeable friends and they never let me down
CMRA#672
Old 10-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #26
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

GEARHEAD ON WESTHEIMER ROCKS
Old 10-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #27
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

No one is perfect, nor will any shop ever not make a mistake.
It happens.
How a shop handles a mistake once it's been brought to their attention is what's important. I appreciate the kudos from those who have used our services and are happy, and I always take seriously any complaints and do my best to resolve them.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #28
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
And just FYI, he has a 4.5 star rating on Yelp, 5 on Yahoo, and 4.4 on Google with 27 reviews. Is he somehow manipulating all of those reviews also?
Totally. He just glowers at the computer screen until the ratings improve themselves.

Patrick has always done great work for me, and I have always had a great experience. I would still use Motorcycles Unlimited when I lived in College Station and Austin, and now that I am in Kerrville if something significant came up I would more than likely still work out a way to get the bike to Motorcycles Unlimited. When you only have two wheels on the ground trust becomes a major issue. I trust Patrick and Motorcycles Unlimited.

Oh, and I still order stuff through Motorcycles Unlimited and have Patrick ship it to me.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #29
lildjloop

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2012 GSX R750 Sold
2014 GSX R750

im due for my 600 mile service, recently my bike was at stubbs 59 (mancusco), well they asked if i wanted to perform the 600 mile service since bike was there. i was at about 550 miles or so. anyways, i asked what the service consist of and how much. i was basically a oil change, chain clean & lube and service rest of bike to check all bolts nuts and so on. 275 bucks they said. so basically just for an oil change and chanin clean and lube they wanted 275.. told them no thx.. anyone recommend a shop to perform this service with taking a bike patment from me??

thanks
lildjloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #30
nwall1

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 aprilia shiver 750
2002 cr250 (sold)
2003 rc51 (sold)

Do it yourself. Its very easy. And has to be done so often every motorcycle owner should know how to do it. And if you dont. Youtube it!
nwall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #31
ZX-Dominance

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1 (wifey)
2007 ZX-6R (track)
2008 Speed Triple White Knight (sold)
2008 CBR1000RR "Red Rocket"
2005 SV1000S (sold)

^ this
ZX-Dominance is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #32
Rod

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildjloop View Post
im due for my 600 mile service, recently my bike was at stubbs 59 (mancusco), well they asked if i wanted to perform the 600 mile service since bike was there. i was at about 550 miles or so. anyways, i asked what the service consist of and how much. i was basically a oil change, chain clean & lube and service rest of bike to check all bolts nuts and so on. 275 bucks they said. so basically just for an oil change and chanin clean and lube they wanted 275.. told them no thx.. anyone recommend a shop to perform this service with taking a bike patment from me??

thanks
When I took my bike to Stubbs 59 for the 10000 miles maintenance I asked them to go through the entire bike to make sure it was in good shape. They charged me over $1000 and they told me the bike was good to go with a huge list of the things they have done to the bike but that I'll need new tires soon. So I rode out and around for a week or so when I called Billy at Wild West Honda (at the time he was working there) and ordered a set of tires to be installed on Saturday morning. I got there early, I must have been the first one so the maintenance guys told me to wait in the store so I got to chat with Billy until the mechanic asked me to go back to the shop to show me something. Well, what he want to show me was the bike was missing the front axle bolt and the pinch bolts were just hand tight So try to picture this: They lift my bike from the triple tree and with a broken wooden broom handle the mechanic place the wood rod where the bolt was missing and with a hammer he hit the other end of the wood rod making the front wheel axle fly across the shop making us look at each other in disbelief... After I got my new tires installed I went straight back to Stubbs to complain. They did not admitted any wrong done. They didn't had a new axle bolt in stock so they ordered a new one but in the mean time they took the axle bolt from another bike which was being serviced. The new axle bolt arrived so they called me to go get it but when I arrived the shop manager told me they placed the new axle bolt on the bike they took out from and at that time I was S.O.L.

If it's up to me they will never see me again...
CMRA#672
Old 10-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #33
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

yea, takes about 5 min for me, and requires all of two tools, a filter and oil.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:20 AM   #34
Rod

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74

There is a shop on airline by little york (Airline Motorcycle Center) where the owner is nice (Andre) he is brazilian so I thought to give him a try but his helper have no common sense. When I complain about missing plastic rivets on my bike the helper turned around and started to take the rivets off the bike next to mine to replace the missing ones on my bike . He also over lubed my chain making drip down the tire and I almost wiped out on the very first left turn after I left the shop.
CMRA#672

Advertisement