MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #1
BlueNinja650

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Bike Service cost- GEEZZUS. NOO WAY.

I called Power Pro Sports of Conroe to have my bike serviced (oil change and 23 point inspection). For my 650 they wanted 171 plus tax. NO WAY IN .

Called around and got with Motorcycles Unlimited. Great service, and it cost me 46 bucks. Other than the I 45 shut down and taking an hour to get from Porter to Conroe (- longer had I not utilized the shoulder), then 1960- it was a great ride. I will def go back to Motorcycles Unlimited.

Seriously, do these dealers like Power Pro think they can get away with that ? 171 plus tax= RAPE!

Not to mention the negative reviews for the dealers in Humble and Conroe- anyway. Never had an issue when I was in Galveston with Mainland Cycle- but not there anymore.
BlueNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much would it cost to get a bike painted? Donte General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 04-18-2013 11:46 AM
How much does a TMGP bike cost? obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 29 07-10-2012 01:57 PM
how much would it cost me 2 get my bike from a to b... pwned General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 02-10-2010 01:38 PM
Cost of owning a bike Faylaricia General Discussion (Moto Related) 60 10-12-2007 11:22 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Why? Well that's because most Harley riders are willing to pay for it, that's why. Just the cost of book hours even though it may take 30 minutes to do. Someone determined that it would take 3 hours for the average joe and that gives them the right to flag 3 hours for 30 minute jobs.

Body men, and auto mechanics are all the same way. That's how a mechanic can make a living. Otherwise no one would wanna do it.

Thank goodness there are great shops like Motorcycles Unlimited that don't gouge people on easy maintenance jobs.
Liked this post:
Old 10-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #3
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Did Motorcycles Unlimited clean and lube your chain as well?
Old 10-26-2014, 02:47 AM   #4
02TXR6

Bike(s):
2002 R6

Send a message via Yahoo to 02TXR6
Faith cycles in conroe is 75 I think and they're honest. Not as inexpensive as Motorcycles Unlimited but close. The steelerships in conroe take advantage and that shithole on 105 east is run by a thief, wanted to charge $350 for a carb sync and when I asked if I got a reach around with that he immediately came down, sign of a liar and from what I hear a thief.
02TXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:37 AM   #5
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

I spent quite a few years behind the parts counter of PPoC and I have to say. . .I still took my bike to Patrick and the crew at Motorcycles Unlimited for services that i was unwilling/unable to perform myself. I wouldn't on PPoC if it was on fire.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:44 AM   #6
BlueNinja650

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Yes, Los. Sure did.
Liked this post:
Old 10-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #7
BlueNinja650

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Ninja

Glad to know I didn't fall into the trap JetCycles. Wouldn't on them if they were on fire.. That sounds bad! After reading reviews like this, I started looking elsewhere!

service, and they even helped me move my boat over to ...More

jkmoore60

jkmoore60

3 months ago

Worst Service Department I have ever dealt with. Would not return calls had my bike for 3 months and it still wasn't done properly (had an engine replaced). Just a horrible experience overall. Highly recommend staying away from these guys

Greg Luther

Greg Luther

8 months ago

The $12,000 Can-Am purcahse went fine until delivery, when they gave us a broken unit. They took six weeks to get it fixed. 2 weeks later another part failed and and they took another week. The bike was leaking fluid when we got it back they assured us is was from spillage and it was ok to ride. It continued to leak until we took it back and made them to look at it again. They do not want to do warranty work because they always have 3 month for it but if your getting maitainance done, they'll get you right in. They had the bike for two months, left it outside the whole time, without performing repairs and they swapped parts from another bike. I picked it up, canceled my warranty and it took 2 months, 9 phone calls and one trip to the dealer to confront them in person before I received my warranty refund. I will never spend a dime with this place again.

chris fontenot

chris fontenot

2 months ago

I have a Polaris Ranger that I drop off the to have the yearly service and to have a new fuel pump put on and it took two weeks, Everything was good but the only thing I didn't like about there service was the customer service was not that great , I could never get anyone in the service department to call me back to give me an update on when my ranger would be ready or when you call in to the service department no one every answers the phone and you always have to leave a voicemail and no one calls you back, and if they do call you back its a week later, if I was you I would call and ask for service dept. and if you get a voicemail I would take my Polaris somewhere else, Until they get this fixed I will take my Polaris somewhere else.

Tom Bosley

Tom Bosley

7 months ago-

I don't know about the sales dept, but the service dept doesn't answer the phone and doesn't seem interested in doing anything to gain a future customer or perform warranty work that they should be obligated to do.. I'm going to drive 75 miles to a dealership which cares about the customer, Kawasaki of Pasadena. If you have a Kawasaki bike, I'd advise you to take it anywhere else but here.

TO ANYONE!!!

robert adkins

robert adkins

2 years ago

they ripped me off on parts and services. They said it would be an amount and charged additionally for services that was never performed. Had to take it back 3 times and still isn't running correctly. took it to another shop to be told they screwed me over.

A Google User

A Google User

4 years ago

I have visited Powersports of Conroe twice, once to look at jet skis and then just recently to look at their Kawasaki motorcycles. Both times, the staff didn't seem interested in discussing the price. When asked about price, they had to go get a price sheet and look it up. Most dealers whose longevity depends on the products they sell would know what the prices are on their inventory.

They also didn't seem to know much at all about the equipment they were selling. When it came to features, specifications, etc, I knew a lot more about their products versus the competition than the sales staff. I had asked them if they would come down off of list price, and they said everything was selling for list, even if they were models from two years ago! Then, when I went to their web site, I saw advertisements showing the same products marked down significantly. Either they didn't want me to know this or they had no idea what their own hot deals were.

I have been jet skiing and cycling for 15 years and would put this place at the bottom of the list of all the cycle and ski shops I have dealt with.

I did not purchase anything from this shop and do not know what their after market customer experience would be like. I have only visited their shop two times to look at jet skis and dirt bikes. There are several other locations around Houston that were much more honest, helpful, and knowledgeable. Based on the available competitors, I rate this shop one star. Please note they have a good location next to Lake Conroe, which is probably what drives their business. I recommend shopping around before buying here.

A Google User

A Google User

2 years ago-

Google User

2 years ago-

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE??

Bought 2 SeaDoo's and a Nomad here from BigAl 5 yrs ago, went in the first time just to make sure I was getting a good deal on a Yamaha from Cycle Shack, walked out with 2 SeaDoo's, vests, covers and everything I needed. I spent a lot more than I would have on the Yamaha but I never regretted it, as they really cared about what I wanted and showed the difference between the ski's and why the wake and GTX were right for me and he was RIGHT! Later I went in looking for a Motorcycle, Big Al again took the time to listen to me and find the right bike.

I wanted to buy some new Ski's for Christmas, went back here to find out whats new, the first day I went there was not a customer in the place, walked past the greeter, she was busy talking with another employee, looked at the ski's in the showroom for some time, sales people walked around me but seemed to busy to acknowledge me. I walked back up to the greeter who was now talking with two other employees said "howdy" waited for a response but they just continued their conversation. Looked around for Big Al but then just walked out. Driving home I was miffed at the whole thing, but latter I decided I'd call and talk to the owner. I new their card was attached to the Nomads manual so I got it and called, to my surprise Big Al answered the call, I told him about my experience, really don't think he remembered me but he apologized for my trouble. He also told me he now lives in Florida!! That the cards were printed with his cell number so he could personally take care of his customers. He gave me the stores correct number, ask me to give them a second chance and thanked me for my previous purchase.

I decided to go in one more time, it was like That movie, Ground Hog Day, ignored again. My kids are thrilled with there new SeaDoo's, cant wait for spring and some more water in the lake but they sure did not come from Pro Power Sports of Conroe this time, nor did my new Kawasaki Concours

Google User

2 years ago-

The worst service department I've ever seen. They were literally tearing parts off my atv to put on their "buddies bike so he could make a ride". This was over a year ago but here's your review. Stay the away. I just heard from a friend who brought his Can-Am in recently against my advice nothing has changed. They jacked his stuff up, scratched it up.... STAY AWAY!

A Google User

3 years ago-

Stay far away and don't try to call because you won't reach anyone.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:51 AM   #8
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Since we're compiling a list let me add grand on richmond:
They did an exhaust for me. That went ok.
A couple months later i ran over a loose driveway paver that kicked up and smashed my lowers and a section of the new exhaust..
I take it back to grand . Basically the same job as before. Actually easier because they were able to leave the front 1/3 on.
I made the mistake of telling them it was an insurance job .
I go to get it and the bill was even higher than the first job!
They tell me "just pay us, and the ins. will pay you"
Too bad i wasnt recording those maggots...
Old 10-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #9
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Well the owner was murdered there so I doubt you have to worry about ten anymore
Old 10-26-2014, 08:17 AM   #10
Sudo
Banned

User is banned

Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #11
tripspeed

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2002 R1

Its like that in any industry though. Always going to be a company that takes advantage of people not wanting to do much or think. Look at Apple. You paid how much to accomplish that?
tripspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #12
BD#270

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-10R race bike
2016 Honda Grom
CRF 250

Send a message via AIM to BD#270
I would recommend Motorcycles Unlimited. It's worth the drive and the wait. There is a reason he is very busy even with a fully staffed service department. 281-444-0545. Please ask for Bill!!!!!
BD#270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #13
BD#270

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-10R race bike
2016 Honda Grom
CRF 250

Send a message via AIM to BD#270
BD#270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #14
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Oil changes are ridiculously easy. I assume since it cost $46 it wasnt synthetic oil.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #15
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

<Disclaimer, diff. dealer>
I did the dealer thing for the first couple, just because it was under warranty and I figured any complaint would go MUCH smoother if the service was done there.

After over-paying twice, then once flat out not getting anyone in service to come say hi and take the bike (even after checking with the sales dept twice)... I just left and took it to Motorcycles Unlimited the next weekend. Never looked back. Not all dealers are that bad... but it seems like it takes an EXCEPTIONAL dealer to overcome the dealer stereotypes.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #16
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Kind of shocked that not all shops have the same pricing. Hoping Hillary can change that next term.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #17
RECIT

Another happy Motorcycles Unlimited customer.
RECIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #18
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Cbr 600 black
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

Meh, just go to M.U. ...done.....ok close thread now ..lol
Old 10-29-2014, 08:24 AM   #19
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "

The only reason you are not seeing bad comments about M.U is because they are sponsor here so all bad comments and threads are going to be deleted or closed all together. If you care about your life, buy the tools the service book and do it your self. I have a long list of dealers and local shops that I tried which I'll never be going back unless if I'm buying parts. I'm the owner of Near Miss Racing LW endurance team and I do all the maintenance and bike set up. If you want details of my experience with M.U. and the other shops and dealers I tried just PM me. We'll continue this conversation in private.
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:59 AM   #20
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
The only reason you are not seeing bad comments about M.U is because they are sponsor here so all bad comments and threads are going to be deleted or closed all together.
I'm sorry, I disagree with this statement completely. I'm also a sponsor here and have had bad comments up before that were not deleted by MH.

I've also been dealing with Patrick for over 12 years sending him hundreds of customers. During that time, I've heard 3 complaints that I can think of.

And just FYI, he has a 4.5 star rating on Yelp, 5 on Yahoo, and 4.4 on Google with 27 reviews. Is he somehow manipulating all of those reviews also?

Advertisement