MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Super Motards
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #21
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...oto_front_left

Pretty cool. Little less than the 75 ponies of the prototype. But 5 more than the KTM 690 SMC and with 40 extra cc there is probably some decent extra torque in there. Kind of disappointing that they added ABS and ride by wire throttle. Takes away from the spirit of supermoto a bit. Hopefully the abs doesn't tame the rear wheel though.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new KTM 625 SMC Supermoto kgraber General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 09-17-2009 03:29 PM
KTM 690 BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-13-2007 01:09 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #22
longboarder65

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Husaberg TE 300-plated
KTM 690R
KTM 250SX

They nixed the led headlight and changed the exhaust. I liked the prototype better. This looks like a blue and white 690. Not a bad thing, but I wanted to see something a little different.
longboarder65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #23
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboarder65 View Post
They nixed the led headlight and changed the exhaust. I liked the prototype better. This looks like a blue and white 690. Not a bad thing, but I wanted to see something a little different.
I agree. Prototype looked better. This just looks like it was slapped together from the KTM parts pin. I was hoping they would let Husky run with it and create something a little different. Similar to the Nuda. It was based on the BMW F800 parallel twin. Husky bored it out to 900cc and tweaked a lot of the motor. Made it a monster. That was a really unique bike. I would have bought one if they brought them here. The two other concepts were realllllly cool. A cafe racer and a scrambler. Only bummer is the prototype came with the motor from the 390 KTMs. Need to put that 900cc parallel twin in those bikes to compete with the Ducati Scramblers that are coming out. Just listen to the 900cc engine. It sounded awesome when they were done with it.

brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement