MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2014, 03:50 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Marquez crashes out of Australian Grand Prix

No pressure lets double MotoGP World Champion try a different race

Marquez crashes out of Australian Grand Prix

DRAMA for the Repsol Honda Team at Phillip Island as neither Marc Marquez nor Dani Pedrosa completed the race on Sunday.

Marquez has already been crowned the 2014 MotoGP World Champion and has nothing to lose, however crashing out of the race probably wasn’t the plan.

The young Spaniard fought hard to get past Movistar Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo to take the lead and managed to push this to a four second lead.

10 laps remained, but as the double MotoGP World Champion entered Lukey Heights he lost the front slid across the tarmac and onto the grass unable to remount.

Speaking at Phillip Island, Marquez said:“Today the problem was I try to do a different kind of race, I was pushing a lot from the beginning and I was able to open a big gap.

“When I saw the temperature was colder I started to be a little bit slower, just 0.5s, because I was careful on the right corners but the tyre getting colder and colder, and like everyone, we crash completely straight, locked the front.

A baffled Marquez tried to explain his crash: “I don’t know what happened exactly because we check on data the same speed, same brake pressure, everything same but OK we know for next year but of course today I try a different race and that can happen when you ride without pressure.”

Pedrosa was forced to retire after Pramac Ducati’s Andrea Iannone collided with the read of the Repsol Honda at Turn 4. Unfortunately, the damaged the rear wheel rim and therefore the Spaniard had to retire.

The last time the Repsol Honda Team had a double DNF was 4 years ago in Portugal.

Due to a DNF, Pedrosa now has to chase that second Championship place as he sits in fourth with 230points whilst Rossi, who is currently second, has 255-points.

Related Content

No Marquez at Phillip Island test
Marquez breaks lap record despite loss of concentration
Marquez and Pedrosa reflect on Aragon crashes
Repsol Honda’s Livio Suppo talks Marquez contract
Marc Marquez undergoes surgery

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement