Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-19-2014, 02:40 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2014 Brands Hatch race 1 results
Howie Mainwaring wins his first ever British Superbike race
TITLE contender Shane Byrne crashed out of the first of three races of the final round of the British Superbike race allowing Howie Mainwaring to take his first win.
Byrne took the lead followed by Josh Brookes and pole position sitter James Ellison, but it wasn't long before Quattro Plant Kawasaki's Dan Linfoot made a move at Westfield to put himself ahead of the Cumbrian rider.
Linfoot was on a mission pushing himself ahead of the Championship leader. Tyco Suzuki's Josh Waters made his way through the field putting himself ahead of the two Milwaukee Yamaha's of Brookes and Tommy Bridewell.
It was on lap seven that Byrne crashed out at Clarke Curve meaning he had to remain at the sidelines just like injured Showdown contender Ryuichi Kiyonari.
The leading group consisted of two Quattro Plant Kawasaki's of Mainwaring and Linfoot along with Waters and Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki's Jon Kirkham.
Mainwaring was able to hold off Waters despite him putting on the pressure. Elbows were out on the final two laps as Mainwaring crossed the line only 0.047s ahead of Waters. Kirkham took his first podium finish with the Halsall team leaving Linfoot in fourth.
Speaking about his maiden win, Mainwaring said: "I'm pretty emotional to be honest with you; it's been a long time coming. We've done it in Superstock but I've never had too much luck in Superbike before.
"We've come back from that so everything's sort of fell in place this weekend and the team have worked really hard and I can't really thank them enough. Everyone sort of believed in us and we've done the job this weekend and it's come together.
"The bike's really felt like my own all weekend in every session we've done. It's been a fantastic race. I like riding with Josh [Waters], we've had some good battles when it's been them sort of conditions so I am really pleased."
Race one results:
1. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki
2. Josh Waters AUS Tyco Suzuki +0.047
3. Jon Kirkham GBR Halsall Kawasaki +2.390
4. Dan Linfoot GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +4.297
5. Tommy Bridewell GBR Milwaukee Yamaha +14.219
6. Stuart Easton GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki +20.018
7. James Ellison GBR GBmoto Kawasaki +20.156
8. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha +21.737
9. James Westmoreland GBR Buildbase BMW +22.337
10. Chris Walker GBR GBmoto Kawasaki +30.339
11. Gary Mason GBR Tsingtao WK Kawasaki +31.109
12. Ben Wilson GBR Gearlink Kawasaki +43.068
13. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves Honda +45.441
14. Jakub Smrz CZE Moto Rapido Ducati +53.540
15. Julien Da Costa FRA Honda Racing +1:32.482
16. Bryan Staring AUS WD-40 Kawasaki +1:32.938
17. Robbin Harms DEN MotoDex BMW +1:35.482
18. Jed Metcher AUS PR Kawasaki +1 lap
19. Jenny Tinmouth GBR TWR Honda +1 lap
20. Christophe Ponsson LUX Alstare Bimota +1 lap
21. Rhalf Lo Turco BRA SBK City Kawasaki +1 lap
DNF. Patric SUI Bathams BMW
DNF. Shane Byrne GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki
DNF. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil TAG Kawasaki
DNF. John Hopkins USA Tyco Suzuki
DNF. John Ingram GBR Morello Services PBR Kawasaki
DNF. Filip Backlund SWE FXX Yamaha
DNF. Martin Jessopp GBR RidersMotorcyles BMW
BSB 2014: Assen race 2 results
BSB 2014: Silverstone race 1 results
BSB 2014: Silverstone race 2 results
BSB 2014: Assen race 1 results
BSB 2013: Championship standings after Donintgon Park