Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-19-2014, 02:40 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2014 Brands Hatch race 2 results
Byrne clinches the 2014 British Superbike title for the fourth time
SHANE ‘Shakey’ Byrne won the second British Superbike race of the weekend to win the 2014 British Superbike Championship title for a fourth time.
Byrne’s win in race two meant his rival Ryuichi Kiyonari, who had to sit out all three races due to a fractured collarbone, was now unable to challenge for the Championship title.
It was Quattro Plant Kawasaki’s Dan Linfoot that led as James Ellison led the chasing pack for GBmoto. Byrne didn’t have a great start, but slotted into ninth leaving him with work to do.
Race one winner Howie Mainwaring pushed ahead of Ellison on the ninth lap leading the pack. Byrne picked his way through the field to move up to the front to take the lead despite having to keep Mainwaring at bay.
Mainwaring was not giving up this fight and made a move at Druids to regain the lead. It wasn’t long before Byrne attacked again by making a fast run down Pilgrims to retain his lead.
Mainwaring made a slight mistake sliding out of Surtees allowing GBmoto’s Ellison to take advantage to move ahead of the race one winner.
Both Mainwaring and Ellison were put under pressure by Australian Josh Brookes and on the final lap there was nothing in it. Unfortunately, Milwaukee Yamaha’s Brookes was unable to place on the podium with Ellison taking second ahead of Mainwaring. Byrne won.
Race two results:
1. Shane Byrne GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki
2. James Ellison GBR GBmoto Kawasaki +1.904
3. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +2.095
4. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha +2.253
5. Stuart Easton GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki +3.922
6. Tommy Bridewell GBR Milwaukee Yamaha +4.152
7. Jon Kirkham GBR Halsall Kawasaki +4.875
8. Dan Linfoot GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +7.527
9. James Westmoreland GBR Buildbase BMW +9.188
10. John Hopkins USA Tyco Suzuki +9.278
13. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves Honda +11.354
11. Jakub Smrz CZE Moto Rapido Ducati +13.528
12. Patric SUI Bathams BMW +17.671
13. Julien Da Costa FRA Honda Racing +18.194
14. Filip Backlund SWE FXX Yamaha +18.308
15. Josh Waters AUS Tyco Suzuki +24.147
16. John Ingram GBR Morello Services PBR Kawasaki +47.168
17. Jed Metcher AUS PR Kawasaki +58.762
18. Jenny Tinmouth GBR TWR Honda +1:04.216
19. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil TAG Kawasaki +1:16.772
20. Rhalf Lo Turco BRA SBK City Kawasaki +1:20.994
21. Christophe Ponsson LUX Alstare Bimota +1:23.707
22. Aaron Zanotti GBR STEL Suzuki +1:23.828
DNF. Robbin Harms DEN MotoDex BMW
DNF. Chris Walker GBR GBmoto Kawasaki
DNF. Ben Wilson GBR Gearlink Kawasaki
DNF. Martin Jessopp GBR RidersMotorcyles BMW
DNF. Bryan Staring AUS WD-40 Kawasaki
BSB 2014: Assen race 2 results
BSB 2014: Silverstone race 1 results
BSB 2014: Silverstone race 2 results
BSB 2014: Assen race 1 results
BSB 2013: Championship standings after Donintgon Park