Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #61
grsa

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Paint Job

Today in Katy, I saw a Ford GT painted the same color. I really did not like the paint job on that car either. That sounds like one of the major issues people have.
Hot-wiring a bike... in an honest way ZX-Dominance Performance and Modifications 3 06-06-2013 03:42 PM
Blank bike keys cut. Chomama How To's and Q & A's 5 03-23-2011 06:42 PM
Ever cut down bike rotors? Senator How To's and Q & A's 19 08-25-2009 10:57 PM
HelP! bike won't turn on :( Maverick How To's and Q & A's 42 11-15-2006 07:41 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #62
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

r6 comes with inverted telescopic forks, r6s are not inverted

r6 comes with a brembo radial front brake master cylinder, the r6s has a conventional one

r6 comes with a 18k rpm redline, r6s is like 16.5k (not sure on the exact figures, but you get the idea)

......... just to name a few

basically the r6s is just a 2003 r6, they just change the colors and styling a tiny bit each year.

edit: here are a few more

r6 comes with radial mounted front calipers, r6s are nonradial

r6 comes with a slipper clutch, r6s has a non slipper

r6 weights 414lbs wet, r6s weights 410lbs wet

r6 has 13.1:1 compression, r6s has 12.4:1

r6 has titanium valves, r6s has steel valves

r6 costs $9,990 , r6s costs $8,690 (2009 figures)

*2009 R6 vs. 2009 R6s btw
Old 10-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #63
ArkansasDave

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

I don't think any r6 went up to 18k rpm, my 2009 r6 only goes up to just over 16k.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #64
Sickspeed
Lets Ride

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
R6

My 06 r6 redlines at 17.5k
Sickspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:48 AM   #65
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Will the bike actually spin up that fast or did yamaha offer to buy bike all those bikes because true red line was 15,800?

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...edline-claims/
Old 10-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #66
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

I'm having trouble selling my bike also. I think it's the market. Seems like nobody is buying used unless it's stupid-cheap. My bike is over a grand under book and the best offer I've had was some guy in kentucky wanting me to drop it another $700 and meet him halfway. Lol. you, buddy.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #67
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
Today in Katy, I saw a Ford GT painted the same color. I really did not like the paint job on that car either. That sounds like one of the major issues people have.
Gulf Oil racing colors.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #68
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

One thing that no one else has pointed out yet, you can see bikes posted for any given price that sell, but that doesn't mean that they sell at the posted price. That could be an important distinction, if they're all selling at $1k under the posted price.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #69
01ls1ws6

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Black and gold baby!
YZ250

Paint job is horrible.. like everyone else already stated.
01ls1ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #70
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

I honestly think you being as pushy and desperate to sell also didnt help any. I took it as a red flag because even people trying to sell stolen bikes dont get that pushy or desperate. I mean , you made a new for sale thread every 5 minutes on here and also a million on craigslist and who knows how many other forums or sites . And then to top it off you kept coming up with so many pathetic excuses or reasons for selling: facepalm:

First was to get married to some slant eyed chick ( no offense to my asian peeps) i to love asians :-)

Then it was to take your kid on vacation

And then you even claimed to have denied a sale because they were inexperienced to ride a motosickle. For the love of who gives a if they can handle a weak r6s. If you really wanted to sell it then you would have and not looked back

Just my 2 cents since im tired of not being able to get on here without seeing this bike at the top of the list .. so take a hint and either take the best offer on it or part it out , go total it out i dont care just leave it alone already

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #71
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
You asked and got honest answers (i.e. 1FC), yet you protest.

Calling that an R6 is like calling a GSX600F a GSXR600. Not the same. I truly don't remember ever seeing any R6 being listed as an R6s. Every Yamaha R6 is listed as just that, an R6

It is worth a track bike value at $2K, only because its cheap for a beginner to wad.

Don't like then answers, don't ask the question.
Apearantly you haven't read all the posts. I know there's a lot. I haven't protested. Read how many times I've stated "I AGREE". I don't like your answer because it's not relavant with a valid answer. Calling it an R6 is calling it exactly what the clear blue texas title calls it. 2008 Yamaha R6. Saturday I called 2 Yamaha dealers and asked them about the details on it. I agree it's an R6s, but not a person in either the service department or parts mentioned anything about it being an "S" except when I asked one guy (Chuck) if I could put the R6r engine in it. He said I'd have some trouble with the mounts.

Next time I post it - it will have a decent color and I will specify that it's an R6 "S". Even though I believe that only matters to you guys that are really track heads. I actually wish there was some way I could get one of you higher end riders to validate the performance by riding it - but I don't want to risk it.

I'm simply trying to make a point that there is some real out there for sale and 90% (not exaggerating) is priced significanly higher than this bike and it doesn't matter if it's an R6, R6s or WYZ. This bike is way better than real 250s selling for $3000.

Tell me - just look at even CL and take a good look at the 250s that are over riden because someone bought it for a beginner bike, Look at the prices for 05, 06, and 07 R6's (none of which specify "S" even though the "S" is the dominant model for those years) and we know seriously that those bikes (stock) aren't going to stand up very long to 190 - 225 lb rider and just think - if you had $3500 to spend, would you really choose that pounded 250 to an extremely well maintained 600? You wouldn't even be interested in looking at the R6(whatever) compared to a 250? - I'd take a stunted 05 636 over a 2012 250 for those prices.

I'm NOT protesting - - I'm trying to force myself to take bad medicine. Why do you think I'm calling on you all to give me you opinion? I'm chocking this down little by little.

I see a lot of comments on racing mods on this bike vs mods on "your" bike - but again, I'm not asking for that. If this was your bike and you were trying to sell it and you KNOW that there is real quality, a lot of it, going for a lot more money, and you "know" your bike is as well maintained and does perform very well, would you just simply give up and say, "here, take it for $2000" ?

The only really viable reason I can see is the ugly paint. And above all, I really agree with that. Like I said, this was actually painted by my partner and he isn't here anymore.

Last edited by Track_Graphics; 10-20-2014 at 11:46 AM. Reason: typo
Track_Graphics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #72
Falcon
Getcha Pull

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 R6 (Track)
KTM 450 sx-f (street)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Gulf Oil racing colors.
This. It's a nostalgic paint scheme.

As for the red line issue I believe the buy back situation was true. However to anyone other then a professional racer or engine developer it doesn't matter. RPM as a unit is just a reference for the average Joe.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:57 AM   #73
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Race mods matter because the bike is being sold as a track bike. For $4k I can get an 09 zx6r that is a well sorted bike and much more powerful and modern suspension.

Also for the paint, I'd leave it as is and put in the ad that you will paint it how the buyer wants. When they come look at it then take a down payment on the paint and then when it's done sell the bike. They get a custom paint job of their choosing and you sell this bike.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #74
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
r6 comes with inverted telescopic forks, r6s are not inverted
r6 comes with a brembo radial front brake master cylinder, the r6s has a conventional one
r6 comes with a 18k rpm redline, r6s is like 16.5k (not sure on the exact figures, but you get the idea)
........ just to name a few
basically the r6s is just a 2003 r6, they just change the colors and styling a tiny bit each year.
edit: here are a few more
r6 comes with radial mounted front calipers, r6s are nonradial
r6 comes with a slipper clutch, r6s has a non slipper
r6 weights 414lbs wet, r6s weights 410lbs wet
r6 has 13.1:1 compression, r6s has 12.4:1
r6 has titanium valves, r6s has steel valves
r6 costs $9,990 , r6s costs $8,690 (2009 figures)
*2009 R6 vs. 2009 R6s btw
Good Info. So - Are you willing to test ride my R6 "SSSSSSSS" and give an opinion after riding?
Old 10-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #75
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
This. It's a nostalgic paint scheme.

As for the red line issue I believe the buy back situation was true. However to anyone other then a professional racer or engine developer it doesn't matter. RPM as a unit is just a reference for the average Joe.
It just claimed to do something it couldn't. Yamaha did the right thing and offered to buy it back from anyone that pre ordered one and wasn't happy about it. I only brought it up because the differences between the r6 and r6s were much different.

Also since an r6s is the same as an 2003-2005 r6 you might want to sell it for the same price that those are going for. Which for reference I saw an 05 r6 with suspension and exhaust for $2500.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #76
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
Good Info. So - Are you willing to test ride my R6 "SSSSSSSS" and give an opinion after riding?
I'd get r6racer to test it since he rides/races the same year r6.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #77
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
Race mods matter because the bike is being sold as a track bike. For $4k I can get an 09 zx6r that is a well sorted bike and much more powerful and modern suspension.

Also for the paint, I'd leave it as is and put in the ad that you will paint it how the buyer wants. When they come look at it then take a down payment on the paint and then when it's done sell the bike. They get a custom paint job of their choosing and you sell this bike.
No - I've stated a bunch of times. It's NOT being sold as a race bike. It's being sold as a bike with a lot of race modes but is street legal. It even has current inspection.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #78
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
No - I've stated a bunch of times. It's NOT being sold as a race bike. It's being sold as a bike with a lot of race modes but is street legal. It even has current inspection.
Does it have street plastics headlights and turn signals? If not, it's a race bike.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #79
Falcon
Getcha Pull

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 R6 (Track)
KTM 450 sx-f (street)

Quote:
It just claimed to do something it couldn't. Yamaha did the right thing and offered to buy it back from anyone that pre ordered one and wasn't happy about it. I only brought it up because the differences between the r6 and r6s were much different.

Also since an r6s is the same as an 2003-2005 r6 you might want to sell it for the same price that those are going for. Which for reference I saw an 05 r6 with suspension and exhaust for $2500.
No I completely agree and Yamaha did do the right thing. I just added my .02 because that's not really a fair comparison if arguing what makes one bike better than the other.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #80
Track_Graphics

Quote:
I'd get r6racer to test it since he rides/races the same year r6.
I'm down wit dat.

Advertisement