MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #141
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
EK. He broke the whole "be a man about it" rule.

Maybe it was a little harsh in calling him a . I should have used the word .

Apologies for being so harsh in my language.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
this is what track days are all about.. . good times floyd600 Taking it to the Track 2 10-29-2012 08:44 PM
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
Why do you, personally, do track days? Or why did you attend your first track day? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 118 11-05-2008 09:25 PM
Tony Terrell Benefit Track Day, June 8th via Lone Star Track Days jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2007 11:47 PM
The Good 'Ol Days Swift E Off Topic 5 06-07-2006 08:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #142
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek View Post
Love how everyone is so quick to jump up in arms with no real facts. Just an article posted with out any back ground. I am not saying that anyone should be sued over a track day incident, but facts are always good to have on your side first. Eh, this is Motohouston though so logic is not always the highest priority. I am glad that Josh is not looking at legal troubles over this anymore. I also hope that Pawel is on the mend. I have always gotten along with him well and have had several personal dealings with him, never got sued either.
Cry Baby cry baby 5490747 960 516

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #143
Ek

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV 650
KTM 125sx
Harley Street Bob
Husky 610 Tard
Vino 125

Quote:
EK. He broke the whole "be a man about it" rule.

Maybe it was a little harsh in calling him a . I should have used the word .

Apologies less being so harsh in my language.
It's all good. I am very much against what he did. I would just rather have all the information. I try not to jump to conclusions about people anymore. I give less than a about what most people think about me. You are good people though.

Last edited by Ek; 10-16-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Ek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #144
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
It's all good. I am very much against what he did. I would just rather have all the information. I try not to jump to conclusions about people anymore. I give less than a about what most people think k about me. You are good people though.
Same here. The older I get, the less I care about what others think. It's easier to just say what I think sometimes. I admit to being a little quick on the trigger...I need to go get a Snickers (or Scotch) sometimes.

I do hope he recovers from whatever injuries he had, I just have a real issue with people suing others when they know there are risks, but then don't accept the consequences of the risk they "accepted".

Even though you don't care what others think, I like you. (no )

CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #145
Ek

Bike(s):
SV 650
KTM 125sx
Harley Street Bob
Husky 610 Tard
Vino 125

Quote:
Same here. The older I get, the less I care about what others think. It's easier to just say what I think sometimes. I admit to being a little quick on the trigger...I need to go get a Snickers (or Scotch) sometimes.

I do hope he recovers from whatever injuries he had, I just have a real issue with people suing others when they know there are risks, but then don't accept the consequences of the risk they "accepted".

Even though you don't care what others think, I like you. (no )

Old 10-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #146
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:
It's all good. I am very much against what he did. I would just rather have all the information. I try not to jump to conclusions about people anymore. I give less than a about what most people think about me. You are good people though.
This was my response last year a couple days after it happened. Quoted from a fb group. I do feel bad for the guy, I really do. I hope he recovered from his injuries. I think it's bs to be sued over it though. It was an ACCIDENT that happened on the track. We all know the risk we take every time we go out. It's OUR risk, we accept it. We know what the possibilities are.

I was the one that he hit. Myself, Jonathan Jones, and Nick Stratos, were all signed up in level 2. Those were the stickers we had on our bikes. Due to scheduling delays we went out on the track when we weren't supposed to (all 3 of us unknowing) be out there. Jonathan Jones pitted in after only a few laps off about being passed closely and on the inside ( because that's not supposed to happen in lvl 2) He went to the track Marshall to complain, that's when they realized we weren't supposed to be out there. By then it was to late. As far the wreck goes. I'm very sorry that i was involved and that my riding may have contributed to the incident. I agree that i should not have been out there. I realized that everyone out there was WAY faster. People were passing me the entire session. I looked back on the straight after turn 11, there we're 2 riders in turn 11. I gave the hand motion for them to pass me with my left hand. I was on the right side of the track with only a few feet on the right side and alot of room on the left. I assumed they would pass on the left. (But he didn't. He tried paying on the right) I turned back around and kept riding. A few seconds later I'm hit, confused, caught by surprise, and not entirely sure what had just happened. I see my bike rolling away and parts flying everywhere. I come to my feet to hear screaming. I immediately went to the down rider to check on him. Stand in front of him to block other bikes and waited for help to get there. This was an unfortunate accident due too multiple causes. I'm sorry for what happened to the rider and hope that he's ok. Any information on his condition Myla?
Old 10-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #147
j_e_hurst
Josh

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

I want to THANK each and every one of you for the support. I can't tell you how much it personally means to me. Thank you so much for having my back through this. I've been keeping this quiet over the past 5 months since it's an ongoing lawsuit. I never expected the support that I have gotten today. THANK YOU ALL!!! It means so much. Over the past few months, since I was sued, I sold my track bike, my street bike, my gear, and have gotten away from the motorcycle family. I've lost touch with friends I've made over the years. Haven't ridden. And so much more. Most of you know and understand the passion I've had. The motorcycle community means a lot to me. I've missed riding and enjoying my passion so much. I couldn't enjoy it anymore when I had this hanging over my head. Whenever I missed this hobby and want to continue this passion the thought and reminder of what I'm going through would cross my mind and remind me of why I had to give it up. With the rumors of him dropping the case circulating I can't express how excited I am to buy another bike once this is over with. I wish to see you all again very soon. I hope this is finally over with. Again, thank you all so much! Y'all are a great group of friends to have around and I hope to see you all very soon to express my gratitude.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:17 PM   #148
Ek

Bike(s):
SV 650
KTM 125sx
Harley Street Bob
Husky 610 Tard
Vino 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
This was my response last year a couple days after it happened. Quoted from a fb group. I do feel bad for the guy, I really do. I hope he recovered from his injuries. I think it's bs to be sued over it though. It was an ACCIDENT that happened on the track. We all know the risk we take every time we go out. It's OUR risk, we accept it. We know what the possibilities are.

I was the one that he hit. Myself, Jonathan Jones, and Nick Stratos, were all signed up in level 2. Those were the stickers we had on our bikes. Due to scheduling delays we went out on the track when we weren't supposed to (all 3 of us unknowing) be out there. Jonathan Jones pitted in after only a few laps off about being passed closely and on the inside ( because that's not supposed to happen in lvl 2) He went to the track Marshall to complain, that's when they realized we weren't supposed to be out there. By then it was to late. As far the wreck goes. I'm very sorry that i was involved and that my riding may have contributed to the incident. I agree that i should not have been out there. I realized that everyone out there was WAY faster. People were passing me the entire session. I looked back on the straight after turn 11, there we're 2 riders in turn 11. I gave the hand motion for them to pass me with my left hand. I was on the right side of the track with only a few feet on the right side and alot of room on the left. I assumed they would pass on the left. (But he didn't. He tried paying on the right) I turned back around and kept riding. A few seconds later I'm hit, confused, caught by surprise, and not entirely sure what had just happened. I see my bike rolling away and parts flying everywhere. I come to my feet to hear screaming. I immediately went to the down rider to check on him. Stand in front of him to block other bikes and waited for help to get there. This was an unfortunate accident due too multiple causes. I'm sorry for what happened to the rider and hope that he's ok. Any information on his condition Myla?

I remember when this happened and a lot of finger pointing going on then. Not by you as I recall. Accidents happen and you were there to explain things as you saw them. Lawsuits against riders is just wrong. I am not implying fault on your part. I hope you are able to move ahead and get back to riding again.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:18 PM   #149
haythamboi600
Engineer.

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1

Only in America.... Well at least it wasn't for taking away his wings.. (red bull)
haythamboi600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:29 PM   #150
j_e_hurst
Josh

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:
I remember when this happened and a lot of finger pointing going on then. Not by you as I recall. Accidents happen and you were there to explain things as you saw them. Lawsuits against riders is just wrong. I am not implying fault on your part. I hope you are able to move ahead and get back to riding again.
Thank you.

My standpoint with this, as well as other incidents, has always been that accidents happen. Learn from them and move on. Being sued over something that happened on a closed course track is beyond me. I'll share everything I've learned through this experience once it is all finalized with hopes that this never happens to anyone again or at least you know how to deal with it.

I am overwhelmed with gratefulness. Thank you all again. I can't express what it means to me. This is why we are all so close and I can't wait to hang out with you guys again very soon.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:46 PM   #151
wackjum
Attorney at law

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
No bikes right now. :(

Unfortunately, I don't think it is his case to drop anymore.

Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning they don't take any money unless they win. So they will usually have the client fill out an assignment of interest. This protects the PI attorney from doing all the work and then getting fired at the last second and getting cut out of any money.

So just FYI, the plaintiff may want the case to be over but it might keep going.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:03 AM   #152
j_e_hurst
Josh

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackjum View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think it is his case to drop anymore.

Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning they don't take any money unless they win. So they will usually have the client fill out an assignment of interest. This protects the PI attorney from doing all the work and then getting fired at the last second and getting cut out of any money.

So just FYI, the plaintiff may want the case to be over but it might keep going.
That's unfortunate. Thanks wackjum
Old 10-17-2014, 01:19 AM   #153
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Get the facts straight huh?
Fact #1: Closed track
Fact #2: waiver signed and liability assumed 100% by rider

All the facts I would need are listed above

Josh should sue his for running into him if this guy wins. Im sure he has been suffering
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:32 AM   #154
haythamboi600
Engineer.

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1

I thought you're liable for yourself on track and I'd have thought that waiver secures the owners but I guess that's not the case.

I've never been to a track (Its a shame, I know) but are these 2nd or 3rd level riders suppose to ride together? And if not, who is responsible to weed out basic riders from advance level track? Again, I am just curious about it. I'm sure every rider thinks or wants to hang out with the big boys in advance level course but by rule are they suppose to and if not who is responsible for it?
haythamboi600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #155
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Its already been posted that the Level 2 rider ACCIDENTLY was out in the wrong group. Regardless of that, the overtaking rider has the responsibility to make a clean pass or simply wait and choose not to pass.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:31 AM   #156
01ls1ws6

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Black and gold baby!
YZ250

Wow. I'm not saying I change my stance on the issue, but I'm starting to feel for the guy. I give Josh props for being honest but at the same time he's admitting he shouldn't have been out there. Is a law suit necessary no but I'd be to. I use to speed skate and my buddy broke his leg during a closed practice because a novice and much younger skater got on the floor when he shouldn't have. That was a lot of incurred medical bills for something that wasn't his fault.
01ls1ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #157
zpooch

Bike(s):
2000 XR650R
2002 Suzuki DRZ 400e
2001 Kawi ZRX1200R
2005 Speed Triple (Traded) 2009 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V (sold)
2000 Monster 900Sie (sold) 2002 RC51 (sold)

Speed Skate? Was this in the 80s?
zpooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #158
01ls1ws6

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Black and gold baby!
YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpooch View Post
Speed Skate? Was this in the 80s?
Nope I'm 27 lol. I pulled all the hoes don't hate . Ever heard of Chad Hedrick, you know he was just in the Olympics no big deal. He's not he guy that broke his leg btw lol

Last edited by 01ls1ws6; 10-17-2014 at 07:54 AM.
01ls1ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #159
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought