Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #81
HoustonHD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Copperfield (Cypress)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,038


Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!








Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
And soon ins. Co's will exclude closed course events from coverage.

I'm readin up to pg2 so far but this wouldn't be a bad thing. The more claims are made (in general), the more insurance rates go up. So if I'm a "careful street rider" then why should my premium be higher because someone wants to race, thus being at a higher risk of accident and filing a claim? Doesn't seem that different than "stunters" flipping their bikes and then filing a claim. Those of us who ride careful (in other words, don't stunt) have to pay a higher premium for some guy who doesn't. Same argument is made with the helmet law. People with helmets (supposedly) pay higher insurance premiums to cover the injuries for those who don't wear helmets.

I'm not against (track) racing. I think its cool as . I'm just not fond of the idea of my insurance premium funding it. Seems like a separate insurance policy would make sense.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
this is what track days are all about.. . good times floyd600 Taking it to the Track 2 10-29-2012 08:44 PM
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
Why do you, personally, do track days? Or why did you attend your first track day? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 118 11-05-2008 09:25 PM
Tony Terrell Benefit Track Day, June 8th via Lone Star Track Days jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2007 11:47 PM
The Good 'Ol Days Swift E Off Topic 5 06-07-2006 08:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #82
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti
 
Volfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage





I would be willing to bet no track day organizer or track owner will allow this idiot to set foot on their event/property from now on. If I were a track day operator, his name would be on my black list, permanently.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #83
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,263

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
I'm readin up to pg2 so far but this wouldn't be a bad thing. The more claims are made (in general), the more insurance rates go up. So if I'm a "careful street rider" then why should my premium be higher because someone wants to race, thus being at a higher risk of accident and filing a claim? Doesn't seem that different than "stunters" flipping their bikes and then filing a claim. Those of us who ride careful (in other words, don't stunt) have to pay a higher premium for some guy who doesn't. Same argument is made with the helmet law. People with helmets (supposedly) pay higher insurance premiums to cover the injuries for those who don't wear helmets.

I'm not against (track) racing. I think its cool as . I'm just not fond of the idea of my insurance premium funding it. Seems like a separate insurance policy would make sense.
The flaw in your argument here is that insurance companies wont cover "timed events." So, they wont cover damage incurred during a race or even a practice day for a racing event. They will, however, cover track day crashes because trackdays are mostly considered to be riding schools - which most TD orgs legitimately are. TDs improve riders skills, so those riders that still put street miles on their bikes are actually, statistically, lowering the instances of claims and premiums.
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #84
HoustonHD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Copperfield (Cypress)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,038


Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!








Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
The flaw in your argument here is that insurance companies wont cover "timed events." So, they wont cover damage incurred during a race or even a practice day for a racing event. They will, however, cover track day crashes because trackdays are mostly considered to be riding schools - which most TD orgs legitimately are. TDs improve riders skills, so those riders that still put street miles on their bikes are actually, statistically, lowering the instances of claims and premiums.

ah! that makes sense. I didn't realize that "track days" was different than "racing". (I don't race so I didn't know.)
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #85
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,725

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






.....
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #86
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCNastyNate View Post
Has anyone been able to find the video??
I haven't, but here is his post regarding the event on the locked thread.

He was making an outside pass it appears.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...&postcount=187

no, its not a race and i wasnt racing. i had asked cody to follow and critique me, we were only third session, taking it easy hitting apexes and maintaing a line.
where the accident happened, i and cody had over 8' gap from edge of track to rider, coming up on left turn. cody agrees that if he had been in front he would have attempted the same outside pass on the rider even with his speed so low, there was plenty room and an inside pass would have been dangerous.
the rider looked behind him and 8' turned to 1 foot in a split second. im the kind of person whose not cocky or wanta pass everyone, im the guy that holdsoff on a pass if its even close to sketchy. i know u dont know me and believe what you will, but in this case i feel i did everything correctly and what is expected in lvl 3, and an unfortunate line of circumstances led to almost losing my life.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #87
ninenine
cmra expert
 
ninenine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike








What a douche.

Had respect for the guy, but not anymore. It's funny how some change when $ becomes involved.

I can't go into detail because of the lawsuit, but Pawel wont see a dime
__________________
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #88
urbanXJ
erect engorged member
 
urbanXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 16,523

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys









Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
I'm readin up to pg2 so far but this wouldn't be a bad thing. The more claims are made (in general), the more insurance rates go up. So if I'm a "careful street rider" then why should my premium be higher because someone wants to race, thus being at a higher risk of accident and filing a claim? Doesn't seem that different than "stunters" flipping their bikes and then filing a claim. Those of us who ride careful (in other words, don't stunt) have to pay a higher premium for some guy who doesn't. Same argument is made with the helmet law. People with helmets (supposedly) pay higher insurance premiums to cover the injuries for those who don't wear helmets.

I'm not against (track) racing. I think its cool as . I'm just not fond of the idea of my insurance premium funding it. Seems like a separate insurance policy would make sense.
most of the track riders use bikes that are not street legal, I wouldn't worry about track day crashes affecting your rates.

Last edited by urbanXJ; 10-16-2014 at 02:41 PM.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #89
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Quote:
Originally Posted by 392 View Post
What a douche.

Had respect for the guy, but not anymore. It's funny how some change when $ becomes involved.

I can't go into detail because of the lawsuit, but Pawel wont see a dime
We should be judged by our actions. He made a bad decision by suing. It's on him.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #90
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
most of the track riders use bikes that are not street legal, I wouldn't worry about track day crashes affecting your rates.
Maybe in the "faster"groups, but in level 1&2 I bet most are streetbikes
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #91
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
I'm readin up to pg2 so far but this wouldn't be a bad thing. The more claims are made (in general), the more insurance rates go up. So if I'm a "careful street rider" then why should my premium be higher because someone wants to race, thus being at a higher risk of accident and filing a claim? Doesn't seem that different than "stunters" flipping their bikes and then filing a claim. Those of us who ride careful (in other words, don't stunt) have to pay a higher premium for some guy who doesn't. Same argument is made with the helmet law. People with helmets (supposedly) pay higher insurance premiums to cover the injuries for those who don't wear helmets.

I'm not against (track) racing. I think its cool as . I'm just not fond of the idea of my insurance premium funding it. Seems like a separate insurance policy would make sense.
WTF are you smoking? No, insurance companies will not cover a "timed" event or race. I dont have insurance on my race bike or ever plan to have any kind of liability. Its a race track. If you cant be responsible for your own , once again, dont go?!
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #92
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
ah! that makes sense. I didn't realize that "track days" was different than "racing". (I don't race so I didn't know.)
Sorry if I sounded blunt before I read this comment. I just think the whole lawsuit is retarded.
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #93
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
That would be so retarded. The law, and law enforcement, should have no buisness on a race track. If you dont agree, THAN DONT GO!
Too late, isn't DPS already involved in track days? I remember it instigated some wfo drama
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #94
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
Sorry bro, it's that Obama trickle down effect
via Poland?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #95
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Too late, isn't DPS already involved in track days? I remember it instigated some wfo drama
My point exactly. And with bullshit like this, it would only make it worse.
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #96
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
So you're not allowed to counter sue for money lost by someone taking you to court for a bad claim? This is my common sense speaking but if you sue someone and lose you should be responsible for the other persons legal fees and other lost wages because of the litigation. I think it would be a good way to stop frivolous lawsuits.

Related to this sorta a girl called rape and won a huge settlement/ruined a guy's life then it was found out she lied and owed the guy like $2 million.
You can ask Wackjum (Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law), but I know in a lot of courts you can't sue for lost wages because you had to be in court.

If you were arrested for murder, couldn't make bail and had to stay in jail throughout your trial and were ultimately found not guilty, do you think the state is going to compensate you for lost wages during that time?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #97
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,587

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Too late, isn't DPS already involved in track days? I remember it instigated some wfo drama
yup. And Peyton stopped that in it's tracks for me. That's who Josh and James (Extreme) need to hire. Avid motorcyclist, racer, track day guy and a bad attorney.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #98
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
yup. And Peyton stopped that in it's tracks for me. That's who Josh and James (Extreme) need to hire. Avid motorcyclist, racer, track day guy and a bad attorney.
Did he end DPS involvement in all track days?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #99
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!
 
Rykoson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,305

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street


Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
I'm readin up to pg2 so far but this wouldn't be a bad thing. The more claims are made (in general), the more insurance rates go up. So if I'm a "careful street rider" then why should my premium be higher because someone wants to race, thus being at a higher risk of accident and filing a claim? Doesn't seem that different than "stunters" flipping their bikes and then filing a claim. Those of us who ride careful (in other words, don't stunt) have to pay a higher premium for some guy who doesn't. Same argument is made with the helmet law. People with helmets (supposedly) pay higher insurance premiums to cover the injuries for those who don't wear helmets.

I'm not against (track) racing. I think its cool as . I'm just not fond of the idea of my insurance premium funding it. Seems like a separate insurance policy would make sense.
Thats why only a few cover it.. but that argument doesn't make sense because I had Progressive. They didn't cover track and they cost more than Foremost who did. Insurance went up on my end after I crashed and filed a claim...still the one that didn't cover the track was more in premiums.
__________________
Ryan S. CMRA # 915
sigpic17258 1
...what doesn't Kill you only makes you stronger!!! "Live Now"
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit

Last edited by Rykoson; 10-16-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #100
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
The flaw in your argument here is that insurance companies wont cover "timed events." So, they wont cover damage incurred during a race or even a practice day for a racing event. They will, however, cover track day crashes because trackdays are mostly considered to be riding schools - which most TD orgs legitimately are. TDs improve riders skills, so those riders that still put street miles on their bikes are actually, statistically, lowering the instances of claims and premiums.
Extreme Motorsports is not a school
Quote:
Extreme Motorsports Track Days is NOT a school nor do we instruct in any way. We have created our Track Days so that everyone can come out and practice, have fun, and be safe.
http://extrememotorsportstrackdays.com/about.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy