MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #21
Classax
Objective Observer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
What ever you do, don't go by your self...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
+1
Don't go with an unknown group either. I try to intell ride any new road before having any real fun or riding with a lot of people I don't know. Nothing wrong with taking a relax cruise to see what's out their first. Riding in a group can make it hard to learn a new route if the leaders are not concerned about safety. Be careful either way.
Classax is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Twisties in Houston? don747 General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 03-18-2014 06:00 AM
Any good twisties around the south houston area? toolfan91 General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 07-14-2008 01:43 PM
twisties around her joecamel General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-07-2007 01:20 PM
Where to do twisties near Houston? rebel04 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 05-10-2006 12:50 PM
TWISTIES RIGHT NOW!! PETE Events, Meets and Rides 12 10-21-2005 08:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #22
Track_Graphics

Experience: 10+ years

How long have you been riding and how hard do you plan on riding the twisties?? This is Houston, not the clean roads of IOM. There's always something on the street.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #23
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
take it to the track breh, its the only way to have fun on a motorcycle....... No fun can be had on the streets. None. Never. Ever. /thread lol
Old 10-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #24
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

^ weak those guys are riding slower than you drive on forza 5
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #25
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
keep that in the other thread.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #26
Deano3090
Dino Racing

Bike(s):
2012 YZF-R1 - (Race)
2009 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2007 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2003 CRF450 Motard (Race)
2005 CRF100 Motard (Race)

Trackdays save lives

... Just sayin
www.SCRaceCenter.com - www.P-1Race.com - www.DNPAmericas.com - www.GoPro.com
www.amsoil.com - www.racerglovesusa.com - www.VPRacingFuels.com - www.SidiSport.com
Deano3090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #27
Eric6R

Experience: 4-8 months

I just love these track/street, street/track threads. Truth is riding motorcycles is dangerous people get lifeflighted from the track all the time. My friend had a very bad head injury at the track. I had a very bad injury on the street. Do what YOU want to do on your bike, just be ready, prepared, and willing to accept the consequence. I do not know many who ride the track, and try to consistently improve their laps that haven't wadded their bike up. And I do not know many who have took a fall at speed on the street who did not get hurt. So I guess I'm trying to say you are much more likely to crash at the track, and less likely to crash ,but much more likely to get hurt in a crash on the street
Eric6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #28
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

I've seen first hand more crashes on the track that I can remember and hear about 6x more where the rider picks his/her bike up and rides away

only one life flight and that guy was fine too

almost all of them the rider is fine, there are no cars to things up

I don't think you can compare that to the street. Crashes on the street seem to be way worse. Folks usually end up in the hospital.

I ride both but I never have the close, near death experiences on the track like I do on the street.

You are not more likley to crash on the track.
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #29
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
that means they are faster than you on forza 5 and real life
Old 10-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #30
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric6R View Post
I just love these track/street, street/track threads. Truth is riding motorcycles is dangerous people get lifeflighted from the track all the time. My friend had a very bad head injury at the track. I had a very bad injury on the street. Do what YOU want to do on your bike, just be ready, prepared, and willing to accept the consequence. I do not know many who ride the track, and try to consistently improve their laps that haven't wadded their bike up. And I do not know many who have took a fall at speed on the street who did not get hurt. So I guess I'm trying to say you are much more likely to crash at the track, and less likely to crash ,but much more likely to get hurt in a crash on the street
The big difference is that, on the track, everybody understand and accept the risks they are taking.

You go out on public roads, you could mow down a gaggle of pedestrians or plow into a minivan full of toddlers, none of whom signed any waiver and sure as heck do NOT accept to be in your destructive path.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #31
Eric6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
The big difference is that, on the track, everybody understand and accept the risks they are taking.

You go out on public roads, you could mow down a gaggle of pedestrians or plow into a minivan full of toddlers, none of whom signed any waiver and sure as heck do NOT accept to be in your destructive path.
That first statement doesn't even begin to hold water. Just check out the "not good for trackdays " thread. That's just one example there is always someone blaming someone else's incompetance (sp)? for them going down at the track or the street. Weather it be another rider up,TD org ,corner worker, locals throwing on the road, whatever. The rest would be accepting the consequence for your actions, be it jail, hospital, wheel chair, or a pine box. Which should be common sense, but knows that ain't so common anymore. And again OP do what makes YOU happy on and with your bike. No matter if it's at the track, cruising on the streets, being a complete idiot down some half assed back road(not advised)or trying to make the 610 loop in record time. You are the one who has to live or die with YOUR decision.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #32
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
That first statement doesn't even begin to hold water. Just check out the "not good for trackdays " thread. That's just one example there is always someone blaming someone else's incompetance (sp)? for them going down at the track or the street. Weather it be another rider up,TD org ,corner worker, locals throwing on the road, whatever. The rest would be accepting the consequence for your actions, be it jail, hospital, wheel chair, or a pine box. Which should be common sense, but knows that ain't so common anymore. And again OP do what makes YOU happy on and with your bike. No matter if it's at the track, cruising on the streets, being a complete idiot down some half assed back road(not advised)or trying to make the 610 loop in record time. You are the one who has to live or die with YOUR decision.
Are you retarded? The people that are hurt or killed by a novice motorcyclist driving out on the street also have to live with (or die because of) his decision. Those people did not accept the possible consequences for some asshat being a douche all over the open streets.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #33
Eric6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Are you retarded? The people that are hurt or killed by a novice motorcyclist driving out on the street also have to live with (or die because of) his decision. Those people did not accept the possible consequences for some asshat being a douche all over the open streets.
I don't think so. Again for the cheap seats (I DO NOT CONDONE RIDING LIKE AN ) but it is YOUR CHOICE and responsibility. If you hurt someone riding like an ,then there is going to be a price to pay, not too much different than getting behind the wheel after a few beers, it is irresponsible and if you hurt someone your in DEEP (and very well should be). right or wrong it is YOUR choice and responsibility. I'm not an advocate for the street or the track.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #34
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
I don't think so. Again for the cheap seats (I DO NOT CONDONE RIDING LIKE AN ) but it is YOUR CHOICE and responsibility. If you hurt someone riding like an ,then there is going to be a price to pay, not too much different than getting behind the wheel after a few beers, it is irresponsible and if you hurt someone your in DEEP (and very well should be). right or wrong it is YOUR choice and responsibility. I'm not an advocate for the street or the track.
Yeah, if you hurt someone then there is a price to pay, and the innocent pedestrian already paid it. My point is that you are making it sound like you only can hurt yourself but that's not true. I completely agree with you in the sense that if you wanna get on the track, that is your decision and even if someone collides with you, you have to understand that you accepted the conditions to get on the track and race. The general public did not accept the fact that motorcycles will blow by them at triple the speed limit when they chose to get on the road. In one instance you're potentially injuring people who knew what they were in for and signed up anyway, while in the other you are injuring people who had no part in it and no decision about it.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #35
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Valid points all, but the question was are there any places to find curved roads near Houston, not ride track or not.

OP don't think about Memorial drive, the curvy part runs through a neighborhood, past several school zones, a police station and it is almost always crowed with soccer moms and grandparents during the week and patrolled heavily by the police during prime weekend hours. I ride it everyday to and from work and on the weekends to get out of town.
Classax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #36
Track_Graphics

OP hasn't replied since he started the tread............................

I'm still interested in what his intensions are on that Daytona.
Are you planning on draggin knee on city streets or just wanna tip a little bit?
Do you have any idea how the 773H to ride that thing or are you a noob that thinks he's got it under control?

Let me tell you about an over confident dead friend of mine.....
Old 10-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #37
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
That first statement doesn't even begin to hold water. Just check out the "not good for trackdays " thread. That's just one example there is always someone blaming someone else's incompetance (sp)?
Yeah... you're right.

I forgot to count the .
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #38
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
i was gonna say!!! "Got Routes"!!!
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #39
Sickspeed
Lets Ride

Bike(s):
R6

head all the way down 2920 past 249. There are a couple nice twisties I regularly ride out there
Sickspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement