MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 PM   #21
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBystal
I refuse to buy a dog or puppy that was purposely breed. I will only rescue animals.
I said that too, but I wanted a blue pit so i bought Nina and adopted Roxy.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why made Dogs, helps non-dog lovers understand :) myla296 Off Topic 5 06-24-2013 02:37 PM
Woman Bites Dog (Pit Bull) Who Attacked Her Dog (Retriever) rideForrestride Off Topic 125 04-10-2008 02:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #22
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR
I said that too, but I wanted a blue pit so i bought Nina and adopted Roxy.

It's understandable on your part because you had a preference on what you wanted. I don't have a preference. I'll take care of dogs, cats, bunnies... anything except for snakes... **** THAT!
I do love pitbulls and boxers though, and in brendle. They are so pretty.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #23
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Plus, the good thing is that there are rescue groups that only rescue certain breeds... Whenever I am good on my own I'm definetly going to look into all the small rescues to adopt and donate because the small groups don't get much if any government help.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #24
RaZ
J.A.F.A.

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS 1000, Honda CB750K DOHC

I hate to say it but those pits were already put down CoH and surounding areas will NOT adopt out pits wich is bullshit. They are not bad dogs realy its their owners that make em that way start punishing them and not the dog that didn't doanything wrong.
RaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #25
ravenitup

Bike(s):
05 raven r6

Send a message via AIM to ravenitup
dayum didn't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey
... i miss it so much! I miss having a numb from riding so long! There's no feeling like it!
ravenitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #26
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZ
I hate to say it but those pits were already put down CoH and surounding areas will NOT adopt out pits wich is bullshit. They are not bad dogs realy its their owners that make em that way start punishing them and not the dog that didn't doanything wrong.
I hate to say it myself, but you are probably right. The only chance they got is for an independant rescue group to get to them while they are awaiting execution.

DOA...I know that you dont like these kind of dogs much, but +1 to you for trying to help them.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #27
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZ

I cannot believe this. They are trying to send people to prison for their dogs..

Like I said to CajunSoulja, people are quick to put a dog to sleep for "being aggressive", but don't do to help the animals.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #28
Libby

Send a message via AIM to Libby Send a message via Yahoo to Libby
My best friend works for a pit bull rescue. I sent her a link to this thread so she'll be answering tomorrow. What a gorgeous dog!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:27 PM   #29
RaZ
J.A.F.A.

Bike(s):

if the city wasnt already on mine and my neighbors for our dogs i would love to take any pits that people dont want. But Tx city just passed an ordinence(sp?) about not allowing dogs on chains. They have to be on dog runners (as if thats a difference).
RaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #30
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBystal
I wish I could. Poor babies.
Who the **** abandons dogs?! ****in low life pieces of .
one of the reasons is to avoid getting in more legal troubles

btw if any of you didnt know. a new law is about to be signed by governor perry stating that if your dog bites someone u go to jail for that

and if the person dies due to the bites the sentence is worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #31
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester

btw if any of you didnt know. a new law is about to be signed by governor perry stating that if your dog bites someone u go to jail for that

i actually like that because irresponsble dog owners create a bad name for EVERYone
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #32
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester

Yep, it was on the news this morning and that's when I said the following about punishing people instead of helping animals.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:16 AM   #33
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya
I hate to say it myself, but you are probably right. The only chance they got is for an independant rescue group to get to them while they are awaiting execution.

DOA...I know that you dont like these kind of dogs much, but +1 to you for trying to help them.
TD, thanks for the kind words but it tore me up when I read that the brother of the dog in the police car followed them for four miles. Regardless of the breed that's love and those guys should be kept together AND alive. Honestly if my situation were different I would have adopted them myself. Dogs that care about each other that much would definitely take care of my property in return for my care and affection.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:18 AM   #34
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby
My best friend works for a pit bull rescue. I sent her a link to this thread so she'll be answering tomorrow. What a gorgeous dog!
Libby if someone can get something done about it and they can adopt these guys I would be willing to help (financially) if there is a situation that someone wants them but can't afford the city fees. PM me or let me know here.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #35
Libby

Send a message via AIM to Libby Send a message via Yahoo to Libby
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber
i actually like that because irresponsble dog owners create a bad name for EVERYone
I agree. My best friend has a pit and he is one of the sweetest most loving dogs I've ever seen, not to mention spoiled! I think they should punish the stupid that don't take care of their dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Libby if someone can get something done about it and they can adopt these guys I would be willing to help (financially) if there is a situation that someone wants them but can't afford the city fees. PM me or let me know here.

-d
I emailed this thread to her and she said she's registering and replying right now. I'm 1000% sure yall will do everything you can for them. Thank you so much!
Old 05-23-2007, 08:53 AM   #36
SteeleBlu

Hi, I am Libby's friend with the rescue. I think it is great that you have tried to help these dogs and I definitely think they should be given a chance. Here is the thing, you definitely have to act fast, no matter what. If they are at a shelter, they are going to be put down, almost 100% guarantee. The shelter will tell you they will try to find the owners or try to find them a good home, but they won't. Sad, but thats how it works. So, here is what I suggest....if you know ANYONE...including yourself, who can foster these boys temporarily, that would be great! If you can find someone to foster them, we can put a courtesy listing up on the rescue site and also send out e-mails daily to people looking for dogs and other rescues. The word gets around fast. With pits, it is always hard to adopt them out, not necessarily b/c of the dog but mostly b/c of the people who want them. So, it can take time. Like I said, as fast as you can, find someone who can foster them, and we can definitely get started on trying to find these boys a home. Then, what will have to be done, is get the second dog neutered. You will also be able to charge an adoption fee for the boys (you do not want to give dogs away, because people take advantage of that and use them for the wrong reasons)...and I have a friend who owns a pet shop who can do microchipping for the new adopters for really cheap. There is a lot more to this process, including trying to find out more information about the dogs...what they like, don't like, approximate age, etc.....I really hope we can start to try to find these guys a home, because they sound like sweethearts.....but they need to be out of the shelter ASAP! PM me or e-mail me and we can start to talk about this in more detail.

Thank you,

Tina
kperez2504@yahoo.com
Yahoo IM: kperez2504

P.S. If anyone in this thread is willing to help in any way, please speak up! They will need to be up to date on their shots and the second one will need to be neutered before they can be adopted out.....so any help would be great! Let's try and help these guys!
SteeleBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #37
RaZ
J.A.F.A.

Bike(s):

Here is pic of one of my viscious(sp?) pits
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	badpitbull.jpg
Views:	32