MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Pit dog lovers

I know that we've locked horns on the topic before, but I hate to see any good animal put down for no good reason. A friend of mine from another board (police officer-a good guy) went out on a call because animal control didn't show up and got one of the dogs to jump into the patrol car, and the other followed his brother in the police car 4 miles to the animal control place.

Dogneedshome

Poor guy doesn't look half bad and it hurts me to see him in the back of the police car like that. His brother is also a white pit and it would be good if someone could adopt them both.

Here's the story...
Quote:
Got a call last nite concerning two viscious pit bulls. The dogs are definitely brothers, look exactly the same (tan/white). The dogs were abandoned by their owner, one was tied to an elderly lady's porch and the other was laying next to him.

The dogs were NOT viscious, just assummed to be because they were barking and are PB's. The dog that was tied up had its ears cropped, neutered and is very people friendly--very gentle--eats food out of your hand.

THe other is not neutered, seems somewhat skittish around people, unless the neutered male is around, then he'll walk right up to you and let you pet him.

Short story long, Animal Control was called to the location during eveneing shift (approx 6p), I was sent there approx 1030p and they still had not come. I was able to load one dog in the car, as seen in the pix. The other dog refused to get in the car.

After an hr of trying to entice the dog to get in the car, we started to leave. The dog chased the car down the street because his brother was in it. We slowed to <10mph and stopped traffic, night shift--not much, and allowed the dog to follow us for 4.1 miles to the City of Houston Animal shelter off Jenson, near Collingsworth.

I really feel bad and all nite tried to find someone to adopt these two before theyre euthanized.
If you all could help these guys out it would be appreciated by the undersigned.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why made Dogs, helps non-dog lovers understand :) myla296 Off Topic 5 06-24-2013 02:37 PM
Woman Bites Dog (Pit Bull) Who Attacked Her Dog (Retriever) rideForrestride Off Topic 125 04-10-2008 02:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Feedback Rating: (0)

sucks the way pll treat a pit :BangHead: wish i could help.. there like 2 or 3 nice and perfect pits with no home close to my job!
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
I wish I could. Poor babies.
Who the **** abandons dogs?! ****in low life pieces of .
Old 05-22-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

I wish I could but my 2 dogs and cat i dont think would like that very much adn that is just to many animals for my yard.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
ive been cut off from getting anymore animals
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
poor doggies, i have a half pit half boxer and she is the best. I hope someone adopts them
Old 05-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
it!!!! I already have 2 PB's and no backyard otherwise they'd both be mine!!!

And his brother followed him for 4 miles, that is soooooo saddddd!!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #8
BrutusTx

Member Garage

I'd get euthanized if I brought one home....... shame the way people treat them.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #9
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
shame the way people treat them.
It really is, my 2nd PB was hit by a car at 8wks old AND THE OWNER SAW THE WHOLE THING. She was visably limping and hurt, so a neighbor of the owner that I knew called me up to come check her out since they knew I already had a pit.

When I got there her leg was fractured, but the OWNER was not interested in getting her treated, said " that dog", so I just picked her up and took her home. Tried to find someone to take her, but no go since she was a pb!!!! I kept her instead. I always insist I probably saved her cause these dudes would have fought her or bred her to death I'm sure.

Wish i could save em all!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #10
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

wish i could, already saved 1 dog and still have him
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #11
dbonezny
BaDD NeWz

Bike(s):
non fo now

Send a message via AIM to dbonezny
where are they located?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #12
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR
It really is, my 2nd PB was hit by a car at 8wks old AND THE OWNER SAW THE WHOLE THING. She was visably limping and hurt, so a neighbor of the owner that I knew called me up to come check her out since they knew I already had a pit.

When I got there her leg was fractured, but the OWNER was not interested in getting her treated, said " that dog", so I just picked her up and took her home. Tried to find someone to take her, but no go since she was a pb!!!! I kept her instead. I always insist I probably saved her cause these dudes would have fought her or bred her to death I'm sure.

Wish i could save em all!!!

Man, it must of taken a lot of self control to not beat the who said **** it... I don't think I could hold in my anger in that type of situation, but it's good that the little girl got a good home. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a dead pitbull dumped on the side of the road. :BangHead:
Old 05-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #13
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller
wish i could, already saved 1 dog and still have him
Me too.
I took in a bulldog, but we also have a yellow lab and a chow mix. Bulldog is about 45lbs, lab is a little over 100lbs, and the chow is about 80lbs.
I have no more room.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #14
ravenitup

Bike(s):
05 raven r6

Send a message via AIM to ravenitup
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBystal

Man, it must of taken a lot of self control to not beat the who said **** it... I don't think I could hold in my anger in that type of situation, but it's good that the little girl got a good home. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a dead pitbull dumped on the side of the road. :BangHead:
i hate irresponsible people like that. especially the a$$hats that put them in the back of a pickups and later you see them dead on the side of the frwy. :BangHead: why even have a pet at all if you dont have the heart to take care of them properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey
... i miss it so much! I miss having a numb from riding so long! There's no feeling like it!
ravenitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #15
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenitup
i hate irresponsible people like that. especially the a$$hats that put them in the back of a pickups and later you see them dead on the side of the frwy. :BangHead: why even have a pet at all if you dont have the heart to take care of them properly?

My Aunt loves animals just as much as I do, and she wrote a letter to the City Council a while back asking them to be more strict with people putting dogs in the back of their trucks. It's been a good while so I can't go into detail about it, but they wrote back stating that this was not a big enogh issue. I HATE mofkrs who put their dogs in the back of the trucks like that then you see them ran over... Or people who dump their dogs in the woods to take care of themselves. People seem to forget that dog's need to be taken care of. :BangHead:
Old 05-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #16
ravenitup

Bike(s):
05 raven r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBystal
My Aunt loves animals just as much as I do, and she wrote a letter to the City Council a while back asking them to be more strict with people putting dogs in the back of their trucks. It's been a good while so I can't go into detail about it, but they wrote back stating that this was not a big enogh issue. I HATE mofkrs who put their dogs in the back of the trucks like that then you see them ran over... Or people who dump their dogs in the woods to take care of themselves. People seem to forget that dog's need to be taken care of. :BangHead:
not to long ago i saw a rottie pup (probably 6 month old) in the back of a pickup, on top of the tool/storage box, driving down the frwy while it was pouring down rain:BangHead: . wtf...now that t me off.

seriously, how hard is it to issue a new law. the city would probably so much money on tickets alone. instead they would rather spend millions a year to have people drive around all day picking up dead animals. makes no sense to me.

Quote:
... i miss it so much! I miss having a numb from riding so long! There's no feeling like it!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:02 PM   #17
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Old 05-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #18
ravenitup

Bike(s):
05 raven r6

^^^ sorry to hear that.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2007, 03:24 PM   #19
joebigfish1

Bike(s):
oo cbr929rr

Send a message via Yahoo to joebigfish1
no room i already have 2
Old 05-22-2007, 03:25 PM   #20
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenitup
^^^ sorry to hear that.
Thank you. She is in Doggy heaven with Muneca, Lexi, Shadow, and Borse..
Muneca 1
That's Muneca... I don't have a pictures of the other but they were all black chows. I grew up with Chows, Rots, and German Shepard's.
, I have had too many dogs in my life.
I refuse to buy a dog or puppy that was purposely breed. I will only rescue animals.

Advertisement