MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #21
Corona Busa
The Hooter Girls Like it!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2001 Corona Hayabusa!

Where did you buy and how much for the exhaust system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
Alright guys,
Im about to install my Boz Moira system on my 07 zx10r. The bike only has 185 miles on it. I have done the first oil change already to get all the new out of the motor but i wanted to ask and make sure it wouldnt harm the bike to install this full system with the low miles on it or if it even makes a difference. I wont be riding it at all until i have my power commander and air filter installed tomorrow morning so the air/fual will be right on it before she hits the street again. Ill prob just start it once i complete the install and let it idle to check for leaks or anykind and just to hear it.

LMK!!

Hope you don't mind me asking, its just I'm leaning toward getting the same Boz Bros. system for my Busa...I priced it today @ Discount Motorcycle tires in Pasadena & they wanted $899.00 (are you out of your mind!)
For that price my Micron is total satisfaction!
I rode this weekend with a guy that had that same exhaust on a gixxer 1000 & it sold me! It was a loud, mean a$$ roar!
Good luck on that installation!

541yl2v
Corona Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exhaust install CBRguyIZcool General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 11-05-2012 04:04 PM
chain sprocket kit install questions Jerzey How To's and Q & A's 19 07-03-2012 04:03 PM
help with exhaust install? kinnlyn Performance and Modifications 24 08-11-2009 12:03 PM
exhaust install? calvinZx14 How To's and Q & A's 24 03-27-2009 09:58 AM
Pop after exhaust install seratt How To's and Q & A's 11 09-14-2007 08:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #22
Neversatisfied02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Exhaust is finally installed. Took awhile again tonight and it was a !! I finally got it adjusted between my girl, my dad and I working on it to position it and tighten it all down, i got it to work. The header is still a little close to the plastics but the heat sheilding tape that came in the kit was placed just inside the plastics there so it shouldnt cause me any problems. There is really only so much it can be adjusted with the exhaust flanges needing to be tightened down even and flat to the head, it really leaves the header in just about the same position no matter what. Its really only the spring that is actually touching the plastic. I didnt have to grease the gaskets cause i managed to get them in without it. I did spray a little WD40 to make the exhaust system a little easier to adjust but that was it.

I started it up and OH MY !! Sounded mean as but WAY LOUD!!! I slightly revved it a little to about 3-4000RPMS and it shot flames out the pipe. lol Im sure that has to do with the stock map not being right for the system. Thats what i hear anyways. I only let it run for about 30 secs. I got progress pics and ill have to take some final pics of it tomorrow in the daylight so ill post them up tomorrow afternoon.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #23
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona Busa
Hope you don't mind me asking, its just I'm leaning toward getting the same Boz Bros. system for my Busa...I priced it today @ Discount Motorcycle tires in Pasadena & they wanted $899.00 (are you out of your mind!)
For that price my Micron is total satisfaction!
I rode this weekend with a guy that had that same exhaust on a gixxer 1000 & it sold me! It was a loud, mean a$$ roar!
Good luck on that installation!
If you like LOUD, get it! Its definitely wicked and probably the loudest exhaust for a bike i have ever heard but its not for everyone. It takes awhile to install properly!! Took me 4 trys but i finally got it.

BTW, i ran it for 10 secs without the little silencer pocket core thing and it was just a beast that would almost make your ears bleed!! I put the core in and surprisingly, it toned it down a bit but still kept the aggressive volume so ill prob keep the little silencer thing in it.

$899 might not be too far off normal man. Never priced for a busa. I paid $685 shipped through star cycles and that was with a slight discount. They are normally around $750 anywhere you look.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:33 PM   #24
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

dude..there are no pics yet...it is kicking time...
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #25
Slowkat
Nutty Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Slowkat
also...The only that ever fits correctly on the first try is Yosh sh*t, or OEM...anything else seems to take some tweeking.

Advertisement