Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #21
the crotch-rocketeer!
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Originally Posted by Ulric
"Then show me where it says that the bikers were drunk and speeding. I missed that.
This is the point of the guy's email: Traffic laws, which are intended to ensure safety of others around you, are not being enforced. Instead the focus is on the rider who is only putting himself in danger by not wearing a helmet. Plain and simple."

Show me where any REAL accurate information is provided...

"1. Motorcyclist James Bragg, 43, was killed when his bike was rear-ended by an automobile driver. And the cager's penalty for this right-of-way violation? No ticket has been issued, and no arrest has been made."

Date, how long was the investigation?

"2. Motorcyclist Donny Macklen, 51, was killed in a crash caused by an automobile driver violating his right-of-way and turning left in front of him. And the penalty? No mention of any charges."
and if Donny was doing 75 in a 35...maybe that might have had some bearing in regards to this?

The short of it is, there's not enough data provided to make judgement...but all factors need involving in an accident need to be taken in consideration in situations like these before any 'punishment' in meted out.
+1, you can alway leave out just enough information for "your" cause.
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas anti-text messaging law FKNA The Circus 88 05-06-2011 12:52 PM
Anti-Sagging Law - Pull Up or Pay Up!! Milez28 Off Topic 62 09-29-2008 03:44 PM
Discussion Regarding Helmet Law & Gear Law specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 124 06-30-2008 09:09 AM
This is sure to start a debate - Arizona new anti illegal immigrant law Ridesmart Off Topic 15 12-24-2007 09:18 PM
Old 05-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #22
straight shooter
Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I think all incidents should be treated indivually and not clumped together as cager kills biker accidents . There isnt enough information given of each to make a comment other than RIP.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #23
AKA Big Daddy

Experience: 7 years

88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

In my opinion - I believe that people all over the United States in particular Houston DO NOT respect motorcycle riders....They follow us to close, at times cut us off when we are not riding defensively and not speeding, etc, etc....I feel as though laws should be increased for individuals that are not paying attention putting make up on, trying to send text messages, reading news papers and books while driving, spanking kids in the back seat while driving, and folks that are to lazy to look over their shoulder instead of solely trusting their mirrors which usually are quick glance and go....

Laws should be increased to protect the intrest of us motorcylce riders from neglegent drivers....Just my two cents....
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #24

2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Why do most Houston drivers NOT use blinkers? You would think that in a city this size it would be a big deal.
[CENTER]Cut right into me
because I am made of scars
Yes, I am made of scars

This one had it coming - This one found a vein
This one was an accident, but never gave me pain
This one was my fathers and This one you can't see
This one had me scared to death,
[U]But I guess I should be glad I'm not dead[/U]

Yes I am made of scars
That's what I'm made of!![/CENTER]
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #25
Dirty Old
Feedback Rating: (1)

05 FZ1

"In my opinion - I believe that people all over the United States in particular Houston DO NOT respect motorcycle riders....They follow us to close, at times cut us off when we are not riding defensively and not speeding, etc, etc."

I don't think it's so much they don't respect Motoryclists, they don't respect anyone period. There are riders with the same attitude, it's just there are a lot more cages than there are bikes.

Remember the old talk of the 'Me generation'...

Hauling doing 2x+ the posted limit, passing on the right, or in no-pass zones, road rage. all because 'my' destination/schedule is more important than what 'yours' might be.
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #26
Black olives matter
Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Originally Posted by bdmpastx
Interesting email I keep getting from this guy

Ok so we have had a lot of crashes and deaths this year as a result of the motorcyclist, a person in a cage or what have you. Then this guy sends me this. It makes me kind of upset. It makes me upset because he tends to put the blame on people in cages. Yes, they might have caused the crash by making a simple mistake. One that might not have killed someone had they been in a car. But the fact of the matter is that these are minor accidents that turned into fatalities. There is no mention of safety gear, helmets, speeding on the MCís part, alcohol, drugs, no MSF, no MC license or a combination. All of these guys were going to/leaving from a MC rally in NC which leads me to believe that they were not wearing protective gear. He makes it seem that he wants the death penalty for anyone that has an accident with a guy on a MC. While it is sad that these guys died, all of the burden should not be placed on the cagerís head. Accidents are just that, accidents. If this cager did the same to another car, the citation would be issued and weíd call it a day. It is the cost of doing business so to speak. It isnít the cagerís fault that the guy on the MC didnít want to wear the gear or was perhaps speeding. I think that we as motorcyclist need to own up to our responsibility before someone else like the lawyers and legislators come up with a way to enforce something upon us that we may not like. So gear up, stay aware and always have a way out when you are riding.
to be honest i go with the helmet law. why no? is for your own protection
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote