Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Industry News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Cold Case: Stolen Harley-Davidson Returned After 42 Years

placeholderedgar johnson hd?itokvSTx44HO Edgar Johnson Jr., son of the original owner who passed away recently, with US Customs at the Port of LA/LB.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Outbound Enforcement Team officers at the Los Angeles/Long Beach (LA/LB) seaport, in partnership with California Highway Patrol (CHP) investigators and National Insurance Crime Bureau special agent, recently intercepted a stolen 54 Harley-Davidson Hydra-Glide, destined to Australia.*CBP seized it at the port and turned it over to CHP for further investigation and return to its rightful owner.

placeholder50th symbol1?itokISe hSRF

The bike, which features a 50 Years anniversary badge on its front fender, was green when it was stolen 42 years ago on March 4, 1972. The now-yellow classic was recovered in great condition, apparently having been restored by one of its four previous owners after its theft.* It was taken from the backyard of police officer Edgar Johnson Sr., a resident of Charlotte-Mecklenburg County in North Carolina.* He passed away on October 7, 2010, but his eldest son, Edgar Howard Johnson, Jr., was tracked down and was very excited about its return.

placeholderedgar johnson sr?itokwxXo5HUN

Said Johnson Jr., "My Dad would be tickled to get it back if he was still alive.*This is so great, absolutely amazing, so wonderful.*I remember my Dad picking me up from school with it one time.* When the kids asked me if I was going to ride on that, I told them I sure am. I miss my Dad so much. We used to talk once every week.*Hes with me in my heart.*This is like a piece of him is coming back home."

CLICK PLAY to view the local news report posted by the National Insurance Crime Bureau

Video of Stolen Harley-Davidson Recovered After 42 Years

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote