Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Texans vs. Cowboys: Governor's Cup up for grabs

The Texas Governor's Cup is up for grabs on Sunday. Houstonians have not been shy about letting the Texans know how big of a deal this game is to them.

"I did an event yesterday and the only thing anybody said to me was either, 'What does your wife think about your beard?' or 'You better beat the Cowboys,'" said Texans QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

"I think everybody, whether you're from Texas or not, you can feel in this state, this is a big deal," said Texans defensive end J.J. Watt.

A big deal to the fans? Of course. But the players are taking a business-like approach to the game.

"You treat it just like any other week You've got to be able to approach just like every other game," Texans center Chris Myers said.

"It's big, you know, for the fans and stuff like that, but like I said we'll approach it like every other game," said Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson.

There will be plenty of fans packing Jerry's World looking to be the team's 12th Man.

"It comes with a lot of energy and excitement so you hope to be able to feed off that and use that to your advantage," Watt said.

The Cowboys are just one team on this 16-game schedule. But to the fans and the players in the locker room, this game means much, much more.

watttexans jpg

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote