Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2014, 02:22 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

First podium for Crutchlow with Ducati

The Brit now has a total of seven rostrum finishes in MotoGP

First podium for Crutchlow with Ducati

BRITON Cal Crutchlow finished on the podium at the Aragon Grand Prix, his seventh rostrum finish overall, but his first with the Ducati Team.

In a dramatic and crash filled 23-laps of MotorLand Aragon, Crutchlow made it to the finish line, despite the change in weather conditions, in third after qualifying fifth on the grid.

Movistar Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo finished 10-seconds ahead of Open Class’ Aleix Espargaro who only finished 0.017 seconds ahead of the Isle of Man resident after a final corner battle.

After the race, Crutchlow said: “We got lucky with the conditions. But the first rule of racing when the conditions are like that is to stay on the bike and make no mistakes.

“We did that and we managed to bring Ducati to the podium. I have to thank them they haven’t given up and I haven’t given up, we are fighting as much as we can.”

Continuing, the Englishman explained: “I had a not-so-good feeling in the dry at the beginning of the race, but more competitive than at other races this year. So I think it was well deserved for me and for the team that we got the podium.

“A good battle with Aleix at the end, I tried my hardest, but I have to beat him in the next race. Congratulations to the other two guys on the podium.”

Finishing third has moved Crutchlow up the in the championship standings from 13th to 12th with 63-points, 10-points behind Alvaro Bautista.

Related Content

Crutchlow to miss Argentina GP due to hand injury
Crutchlow bites back at Bennetts
Crutchlow’s Ducati debut ‘bittersweet’
Crutchlow: ‘It’s a complete disaster’
Crutchlow to leave Ducati at the end of 2014

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote