MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #21
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

and yeah, pearland pkwy is pretty fun, just watch for the sprinklers and popos.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clovers and allen pwky.. Anyone? Fastola Events, Meets and Rides 13 12-23-2012 11:31 AM
pearland witchdoctor575 Off Topic 26 05-13-2011 12:36 PM
Need help In Pearland.... 306 That Could General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 03-30-2009 09:08 AM
Pearland C.Hern5972 Events, Meets and Rides 98 11-17-2008 02:34 PM
Pearland Somebody1010 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 06-05-2006 03:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2007, 08:40 PM   #22
AznGoneNuts

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 R6

Send a message via AIM to AznGoneNuts
pearland parkway is that right off of beltway 8 near the amc 30?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #23
Azylum
The Chosen One

yeah, just a few lights before you get to AMC, just before Blackhawk.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #24
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Lol thank you Azylum. I'm not trying to start any here, all I wanted was for people to be happy I found somewhere to practice :-)

Yea maybe the thread sounds a bit noobish but ****, I haven't heard of anyone who got their first bike and was pro. I could be wrong though :confused1

Anyhow, I'm sure there are plenty of people in the SE that enjoy pearland parkway as well.

And p.s. I really hope I get to go to the track on the 16th, been looking foward to a trackday.
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #25
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD

Well said Azylum
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #26
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme
Come on, this wasn't a thread to flame. I am going to the track and I've taken the MSF over a year ago. I just got excited to know there are some decent turns around me.

You shouldn't hate on people who get a 1000 as their first bike, not EVERYONE squids around and kills themself. And by going around some nice turns at a decently (safe) speed, I do not see that as squidy. Not to mention I wear gear.

So YES, I know it isn't the place, and YES I'm going to the track. So no more thread whoring!
Spare me your "i'm smart and safe and mature and can start on a 1000 cause i'm skilled and i took msf and i ride slow and only on curvy roads" line.... :laughing6

All I did was utilize an emoticon... if you want noob bashing and thread whoring just let me know and I'll lay into you. :icon_bigg

BTW, no matter how mature or safe you think you are being, fact of the matter is a 1000cc superbike gives you an EXTREMELY small margin for error. So even if you are riding safe, one small unexpected occurance (squirrel runs in front of you) can cause you to hurt yourself or someone else because you don't have the skills/know how to handle a bike like that.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #27
quicksaveme

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Sorry Sir Steve-O. I guess on a 250 or a 600 a squirrel is nothing to worry about, ONLY on a 1000 because smaller bikes move themselves outta the way of harm, thats why EVERYBODY goes from a 50cc, to a 125cc, to a 250cc, to a 500, to a 600, to a 750 then MAYBE if they are good enough a 1000. Gotcha! Thanks for the tips, I need more pros like you to teach me because I have a 1000 and don't know what to do with it.

I really wasn't getting irritated until this comment, I just didn't want this to turn into something like you're last post made it, a "you're a new rider and you got a 1000!, OMG, O.M.G...you're gonna die squid!" thread.

Last edited by quicksaveme; 05-20-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #28
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #29
quicksaveme

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

:icon_bigg
Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #30
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575

yup. wasnt expecting a show.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #31
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
[QUOTE=Azylum]no. some people just like to make themselves sound superior by repeating "take it to the track". news flash for ya: if we ALL had that kind of dough, then we'd ALL be at the track ALL the time. enough already. we heard you the first eight million times. nothing wrong with having a little fun now and again without being excessive. you DO know you can get killed going in a straight line doing the speed limit, right?QUOTE]

OK not trying to sound superior. just trying to keep it safe!! it I am not even gonna argue with this one, just sure hope I dont see yalls name on the next thread of in the hospital/deaths!!:eh:
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #32
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Spare me your "i'm smart and safe and mature and can start on a 1000 cause i'm skilled and i took msf and i ride slow and only on curvy roads" line.... :laughing6

All I did was utilize an emoticon... if you want noob bashing and thread whoring just let me know and I'll lay into you. :icon_bigg

BTW, no matter how mature or safe you think you are being, fact of the matter is a 1000cc superbike gives you an EXTREMELY small margin for error. So even if you are riding safe, one small unexpected occurance (squirrel runs in front of you) can cause you to hurt yourself or someone else because you don't have the skills/know how to handle a bike like that.
+ a million
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #33
quicksaveme

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Thanks 50.

I was going to leave it alone too, and just keep praying that I don't end up another story becuase regaurdless of experience a lot of riders have been going down. Steve-O just got to me a little bit, but no harm no foul :-)
Old 05-20-2007, 09:02 PM   #34
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme
Sorry Sir Steve-O. I guess on a 250 or a 600 a squirrel is nothing to worry about, ONLY on a 1000 because smaller bikes move themselves outta the way of harm, thats why EVERYBODY goes from a 50cc, to a 125cc, to a 250cc, to a 500, to a 600, to a 750 then MAYBE if they are good enough a 1000. Gotcha! Thanks for the tips, I need more pros like you to teach me because I have a 1000 and don't know what to do with it.

I really wasn't getting irritated until this comment, I just didn't want this to turn into something like you're last post made it, a "you're a new rider and you got a 1000!, OMG, O.M.G...you're gonna die squid!" thread.
Kickass new nickname... Sir Steve O. :laughing6

See, you're so blind with rage you can't even see the message in what I wrote.

MARGIN OF ERROR...

Have you REALLY gotten hard on your brakes? To the point where your back tire is skimming the ground? Your R1 has perhaps the best brakes on any Japanese production bike available today...

Have you REALLY gotten hard on the throttle? Your bike has the ability to loop you over backwards in 4th gear with a bad clutch hand...

Have you REALLY changed direction quickly? There is a reason why the R1 is winning in WSBK and a frontrunner in AMA SBK despite large HP disadvantages, the bike is an amazing cornering machine...

Now I'm definitely NOT saying you shouldn't ride your R1, knows I'd love to have one. But you are absolutely, 100% better off with a bike that won't likely lip you over backwards or forwards when you make a mistake. When you have a larger margin of error, you're better off, plain and simple. An older 600, Ninja 250 or 500 would give you that margin of error, help you learn the ropes and still give you the 2 wheeled thrill you're looking for. Plus, bike of that nature tend to help rider learn to take corners quicker. You don't have 160hp to help you out on the straights, so you have to keep your corner speed up.

And for the squirrel comment... knows I pray that your first emergency manuever is for a squirrel and not a car, truck or something immobile.

Soooo... take the pole out of your , stop trying to justify your purchase (I could care less) and do'nt jump to conclusions.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:02 PM   #35
AznGoneNuts

Bike(s):
06 R6

i feel stupid.. but is this it?

pearland
Old 05-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #36
Azylum
The Chosen One

yeah thats it. right there where mchard hits it is the little loopty-loo.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #37
AznGoneNuts

Bike(s):
06 R6

the only good one that i can think of is this one on the SE side of houston.

its beens months since i been on there.

horseshoe
Old 05-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #38
quicksaveme

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

LMAO Azn :laughing6

Ok Steve-O

Yes I have been hard on the brakes to where my rear tire starts to slide out to avoid hitting a truck that did not have brakelights. No I have not gotten near looping my bike because I practice having good throttle control. Yes occasionally when I am clear of any avoidable hazards I roll on it to bring the front end up and get used to the power in case I do have a bad clutch hand or any other instance. Yes occasionaly I slam on the brakes to get used to how my bike reacts in case of an emergancy.

You my friend are the one who seems to have built up rage

And since you are so far ahead of me with experience and knowledge, why aren't you pro yet? Just because I didn't start out on the same bike you did, doesn't mean I wont be as good/better rider than you one day. So chiiiiillllll ouuuuuttttt homeboy, life is too short.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #39
quicksaveme

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Oh and lol, i see you have already adapted to your new nick-name. lol, glad I could of done something to make you smile :-)
Old 05-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #40
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznGoneNuts
the only good one that i can think of is this one on the SE side of houston.

its beens months since i been on there.

horseshoe

only problem with that one is the pavement has ALOT of bumps in the turns...

But, yeh thats one of my favorites.

Advertisement