MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Industry News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

MotoGP: Marc Marquez Sets New Pole Record at Aragon

Marc Marquez smashed the MotorLand Aragon Circuit Best Lap record by over half a second for his eleventh pole position of 2014, and helped to secure a Repsol Honda lockout of the front two grid slots at the Aragon Grand Prix. Marquez lapped the circuit at a blazing 1’47.187s for his 11th pole position of 2014 and his 20th MotoGP pole in total for Sunday’s Gran Premio Movistar de Aragon.

placeholder93marquez xavibonilla original?itokkRfzSxjW Marquez rides this one out in Q2 to set a new pole record at Aragon.

Marquez led the way by a 0.362s margin having broken the pole record earlier in the session, only for Pedrosa to move into provisional pole position with a 1’47.549s, with Marquez responding on his final lap. Marquez was 0.617s quicker than his own pole record from 2013.

placeholder29iannone gp 8130 original?itokg0FuWVsM Andrea Iannone on the new GP14.2 Ducati takes full advantage the extra grip of the soft compound rear slick to set the third-quickest qualifying lap time.

The front row was completed by the consistently impressive Andrea Iannone (Pramac Racing) who has a new GP14.2 bike this weekend and qualified just under half a second behind Marquez.

placeholder44espargaro gp 8167 original?itokBhEgoRVu Number 4 qualifier Pol Espargaro will start behind Marquez in row 2. Back in 2010, Espargaro was the first race winner at Aragon in in the 125 class.

Row two will comprise rookie Pol Espargaro (Monster Yamaha Tech3), Cal Crutchlow (Ducati Team) and Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP), the Italian having earlier made it through from Q1.

placeholder35crutchlow gp 0810 original?itokAFZlnxc1 After finishing both of Saturday’s free practice sessions in ninth place, Cal Crutchlow was able to advance directly into Q2, and on his second run he set a time of 1’47.897 to earn him fifth place and a row two start on the grid.

placeholder99lorenzo gp 7922 original?itokaMBlfm3M

Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) qualified at the head of the third row in seventh place, 1.059s behind the rampant Marquez. Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP) and crasher Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) complete the third row.

Aleix Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing) was unhappy at the end of the session as he was held up by another rider and qualified tenth.

Bradley Smith (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) crashed with just three minutes to go, leaving him 11th on the grid and Dovizioso (Ducati Team) also fell minutes later. Despite advancing through Q1 on his new Ducati, Hector Barbera (Avintia Racing) was unable to set a lap time due to front end chatter problems – thus being classified 12th.

placeholder04dovizioso xavibonilla1 original?itok34jf6ILd Andrea Dovisioso led Friday's free practice sessions on Ducati's new GP14.2 race bike but suffered this Q2 crash. "I was sure I could do a good qualifying session but I lost the front at turn 8 in a rather strange crash. I don’t think I did anything wrong: it was my mistake but I don’t think I exaggerated that much, maybe we’re a bit too close to the limit at the front. We’ve got to work to improve this tomorrow because otherwise in the race I won’t be able to push that hard. Today however we did a good job and we’ve got good race pace.”

Nicky Hayden (Drive M7 Aspar) qualified in 18th place in Q1 as he returns to Grand Prix action this weekend, whilst Karel Abraham (Cardion AB Motoracing) had big crash at the end of Q1 and ended up 17th.

placeholdergrid?itokNto9SHR8

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement