Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Rockets' Howard hosts camp, gives back to area children

Rockets center Dwight Howard was able to be a kid again Saturday at his Dwight Howard Pro Camp. The Rockets star enjoyed giving kids a chance to experience things he couldn't at their age.

"I didn't have these opportunities growing up, to go to a specific player's camp," he said. "I enjoy this as much as the kids do and I really want them to learn."

Howard had fun with the campers, saying that his main goal is making sure everyone leaves happy.

"Sometimes they don't have a lot to smile for," Howard said. "So just to put a smile on their faces and making sure they have a good time out here is what it's all about."

At the conclusion of camp, Howard will shift his focus to the 2014 season. With the departures of small forward Chandler Parsons, guard Jeremy Lin and center Omer Asik, the Rockets could look drastically different when the season begins.

"We developed a bond from the season and in the playoffs, you know, it just got stronger," he said. "So to see those guys go, it was real sad."

Howard believes the Rockets can compete for a championship as they've added forward Trevor Ariza and veteran guard Jason Terry among other acquisitions.

"We've got some really great guys and just looking forward to having a great year," Howard said.

dwight howard jpg

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote