MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #61
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Racer View Post
I'll hit you up at the end of the year. As I said earlier in the thread, I won't be picking up a bike till december when my bonus pays out.
what bike are you going to be in the market for i will be looking as well.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wild Hare Jason_Canuck Off Topic 7 02-07-2012 08:26 PM
Quick ? abour I-10 exits 911TurboS Off Topic 2 04-29-2006 02:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #62
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Probable a KTM 300 exc
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #63
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Racer View Post
Probable a KTM 300 exc
Or 300XC or XCW

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #64
bluffskier

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
XR650L

I'm really looking to race a hare scramble or two next year, or should I say ride one, after I pimp out my XRL some.

I used to race them as a teen in the 90's on my RM80. It was a 6 mile track and went on for 2 hours with checkpoints located throughout the track. Good times!

The track even offered 100 bucks to the first Harley Sportster to complete the first lap. Lol and there would be about 5 or 6 each time lined up!
bluffskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #65
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

What size bars are you guys running width wise? Ran a tight course on Saturday and I was woefully ill equipped. It was tighter than my handlebars were wide.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:18 PM   #66
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
What size bars are you guys running width wise? Ran a tight course on Saturday and I was woefully ill equipped. It was tighter than my handlebars were wide.
that's what hare scrambles are about....you gotta be able to bounce off of em' or duck n dive. I don't know for certain, but fairly certain I ran stock widths.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #67
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
that's what hare scrambles are about....you gotta be able to bounce off of em' or duck n dive. I don't know for certain, but fairly certain I ran stock widths.
True, but I think about an inch off either side would make it much easier. Rode a couple buddies' bikes and they are much narrower than mine. My last bike even had much narrower bars than my current one. Just not sure what the measurement is. I'd guess 30" without hand guards might be good. I believe I've got like a 34" width right now. I don't even have hand guards on there right now and sure didn't help. Most of my offroad riding has been MX this year and I'm afraid to put them on there for fear of getting my arm stuck in there after a rough landing. Definitely need to get a better woods setup.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #68
longboarder65

Feedback Rating: (0)

Husaberg TE 300-plated
KTM 690R
KTM 250SX

I have read that people usually cut off around an inch off of each side. You don't need the leverage in the woods like you do after landing a big jump. If I would have done this to the Berg sooner I would still be able to use all my fingers. The Flexx bars I have now are short, I love them. I will measure them tonight when I get home.
longboarder65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #69
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

I have always and almost all off roaders cut off 3/4" from each side, once you add your barkbusters you're back down to 1/4" off each side, but, beware of cutting off more than 3/4" from each side as you will run into a lack of space for mounting everything up properly, depending on the bark buster brand and design, you will have trouble getting them properly fitted due to them being designed for a full length handle bar. I like the stock KTM hand guards that mount only in one spot but, they fold too much and have zero deflecting action.

I just purchased a 350SXf last night so I'm going to set it up with used spare parts I have laying around, I will swap the mx bars to a spare cut set of bars, If I decide I don't like the bike, it'll be put back to 100% stock and sell.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #70
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Can anyone suggest a set of shorter bars? I would like to keep the bars I have now for an mx setup and just swap out a set of shorter bars. If I have to get another set anyways, not having to cut them would be nice.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #71
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

I like the reed bend, protaper bars and I get them at Cycle Gear and just cut them down to my length, you can't buy "short bars" as far as I know.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement