MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 02:21 AM   #1
Costas

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to Costas
today was a bad day for my bike =(

i was leaving about to go to my friends house and i was getting it out of this little gate that we have and right when i stopped to get off so i can close the door, i stopped at a bad angle and the bike starts falling and then it slowly touches the ground. everything was fine, no scratches on the fairings but the rear brake got bent, but Motorcycles Unlimited fixed it for free so it looks good as new.

here's the bad part.. at night my brother decided to go for a ride and took it to some backroads that i had shown him, in order to get there, there's two 90 degree turns that're filled with dirt b/c they do construction in that area and he took it a little two quick given the road conditions since he didn't know and he started sliding. he fell and rolled but was wearing full gear except leather pants so he's fine, just a small scuff on his knee.

the fairing on the right side needs to be replaced for sure though since it's chilling in his room with the reflector broken off as well, clutch lever got a little bent also.

i wanna get it back up and running asap so what would be the best place to get the parts from? is it hard to install them? i've worked on my car before so i have a basic understanding of how to remove and replace parts so i'm guessing it shouldn't be tooooooooo hard, if anything i'll just drop it off at Motorcycles Unlimited with all the pieces and have them do it.
Costas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
! Bad night for moto riders ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 03-17-2014 04:15 PM
This sv650 aint too bad... Fastola General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 03-10-2013 10:47 PM
my brother wrecked bad! G1xx3rGuy08 General Discussion (Moto Related) 59 09-07-2010 03:14 PM
Brought the bike home today. I think the starter is bad. Cornbread General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 09-17-2007 08:27 PM
got new bike today, off to a bad start. cyclesnoopy General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 05-05-2007 02:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
oh damnz, i personally would go to a kawi dealer for fairing replacement ,they are usually reasonably for replacements and they are already painted just have to wait a while to get them clutch lever kawi and i would get a used brake light off of ebay :icon_bigg :icon_bigg
Cody_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:32 AM   #3
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
homie good to hear that your bro is good after that spill...but if it was my bro, course i make sure that he good but then i would beat his azz...ahhh but gatta love that bond...anywayz he is ganna be payin for it right??? well they say everythin happens for a reason, maybe just maybe is meant so you wont be on for this week, you have a good angel watchin you, but who am i to say
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #4
Costas

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)

hmm i'll def be calling some kawasaki dealers tomorrow unless they're closed. would the bike be safe to ride to a shop to get it checked out for the time being? it was on its side for a while and he said he had some trouble starting it back up.

but yeah he'll be taking care of all the repair costs so i'm not worried about that all that much, i'm just glad he's fine, it's a beginner bike regardless but such a nice one lol so things like this are expected, atleast it wasn't my future cbr or r6 or what not lol .
Old 05-20-2007, 02:59 AM   #5
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costas
hmm i'll def be calling some kawasaki dealers tomorrow unless they're closed. would the bike be safe to ride to a shop to get it checked out for the time being? it was on its side for a while and he said he had some trouble starting it back up.

but yeah he'll be taking care of all the repair costs so i'm not worried about that all that much, i'm just glad he's fine, it's a beginner bike regardless but such a nice one lol so things like this are expected, atleast it wasn't my future cbr or r6 or what not lol .

is that right..future R6??...what year are you plannin to get, sorry but just curious, and within what time frame...oh and by the way well respectd in my book
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:05 AM   #6
Costas

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)

i really have no idea what my 2nd bike is gonna be lol, i haven't sat on any but i like the styling of the cbr, r6, and 636. i've only had this bike for 3 months so far and haven't even taken it to the track yet which is something i really need to do before even looking at a 2nd bike so it'll be a while before i upgrade that's for sure.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:26 AM   #7
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
leave the fairing scratch and just replace the levers? levers should be less than $20. take the reflectors off. problem solved.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:54 AM   #8
Costas

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)

it actually broke off so iono if i can put it back on, it makes the bike look naked lol i'll have a look at it tomorrow after work though, got home late and didn't even wanna bother.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:46 AM   #9
mrclean
Squid Pro Quo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda XL 600
Blackbird
RC51
1000RR
CB 350

I've had more than one free repair at Motorcycles Unlimited (thanks Patrick!!!!)

I can't say that about any dealers!
mrclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #10
Aggie
In slow, fast out...hmm

Bike(s):
'08 MD250H (track)
'06 NSF100 (sold)
'07 GSXR600 (sold)
'04 R6 (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)

Sorry to tell you. (Almost all) dealers are closed Sun and Mon.
For more info on it, it's in another thread somewhere in MH.

Yeah, I would just take the reflector off too & buy a new lever.
Cheaper and bike still functions.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #11
Costas

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)

So engine wise if the bike still runs it's okay to ride around still right? Just wanna make sure, don't wanna turn a small unknown problem it might have right now into a larger known problem. Today is such a nice day to ride too and i had to DRIVE to work boooo =(
Old 05-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #12
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

sucks dude
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #13
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

pics? I KNOW you took em?
Old 05-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #14
Costas

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
pics? I KNOW you took em?
LOL you know me too well =X i'm stuck at work all day though but ima try to take some when i get back home

Advertisement