MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Miller comments on move up to MotoGP

Valentino Rossi has had a word with the young Australian

Miller comments on move up to MotoGP
Jack Miller & Jorge Lorenzo in the Aragon press conference

AHEAD of the MotorLand Aragon Grand Prix, Jack Miller spoke in Thursday afternoons press conference regarding his move up to MotoGP from Moto3.

Miller has signed with the CWM LCR Honda team in MotoGP and will move straight up from a 250cc KTM Moto3 bike to an 1000cc Honda RC213V-Ride Smart Open spec bike.

The 19-year-old said: "I’m over the moon to have this chance, but of course you know there will be a lot of questions. When Marc (Marquez) went up to Moto2 he was lighter and smaller than me, so physically I think I can ride now in MotoGP.

"I’ve only been on a road bike since 2009 so it’s a big step. It’s a long-term project and with the time and attitude we can do it. It’s just a bike with two tyres and an engine."

Nine-time World Champion Valentino Rossi commented on Miller's 'brave' move: "I think the biggest challenge for Jack will be to start with the right time, because it’s very easy to say, ‘I have time to be quiet and learn’, but when you’re on the track you want to give the maximum.

"The step is very big and Jack is very brave. I’ve spoken with him and he wants to do this, the bike will change a lot, the speed, brakes and tyres. He has to be clever and quiet and understand it all step by step and focus on getting results in the second half of the season."

Marc Marquez also expressed his views on the dramatic Miller move during the press conference after talking to Miller previous to the announcement of his move. Marquez made clear that using the natural progression from Moto3 to Moto2 and eventually to MotoGP is how you gain experience and ready yourself for the next challenge.

Marquez stated: "When I was in 125s I didn’t feel ready to go to MotoGP directly, I stayed in Moto2 because it was necessary for me. For him maybe it’s different. It will be hard at the start for sure but we just have to wait and see."

Related Content

Miller to join LCR Honda in MotoGP
Rossiís half-brother to wildcard at Misano
Austin MotoGP test times - Day 2
Rossi to back VR46 Moto3 team in 2014
De Puniet doubtful for Brno

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement