MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2014, 11:34 PM   #41
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus
 
Mr.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,759

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR






Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilks View Post
This is a positive shift of the thread. Keep it about the riders.
__________________
Faster and Faster, Slowly! BRAWP it like its hot, BRAWP it like its hot.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Almost collected another rider at MSRH gots2no Taking it to the Track 20 11-10-2014 11:09 PM
Advanced Rider Course Available 3/3/12 @ MSRH cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 0 02-12-2012 06:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #42
j_e_hurst
Josh
 
j_e_hurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,251

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
It was my endurance teammate that got hurt in the first incident. I still don't know what hospital he is at. Others were hurt too, nothing life threatening, but pelvises and vertebae hurt.

There was a much worse incident of a couple of friends later in the day. Unrelated. It was a bad day. They closed the track.

This thread was asking for info, not for the general mh public to dole out opinions, give condition updates, or direct prayers or positive energy. Respect for privacy should be paramount in life threatening situations. No one wants to be told over the internet that a loved one is seriously hurt or even deceased. Thats why I asked for pm. Thanks to those who updated me.
YOU'RE the one who made the thread.
__________________
JoshSigpic zps240ea710
j_e_hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #43
Classax
Objective Observer
 
Classax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 501

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage





Dear Lord, our loving and merciful Father,
We thank you this day for the gifts of life, and prayer, knowing that as long as we have life and pray, you hear and answer our prayers. We give thanks oh Lord, for the several opportunities you have afforded us to enjoy with passion the sport of motorcycling. It is by you grace and mercies, which are new every morning that we are not consumed by the cares, affairs and dangers of life. Lord we know that the sport and recreation in which we engage comes with great responsibility and great risk, both of which we humbly accept leaning upon your hand of protection to stay those things over which we have no control, and to direct our judgment in the execution of those things which we do. We thank you Lord for all racers, riders friends and family who took to the track and by your grace made it home whole in mind, body and equipment.
We come to you this morning though, not for ourselves, but on behalf of those who found and exceeded the limits of grip but not your grace on yesterday. While we thank you that the injuries were no more severe than they were, we pray now that you would be reminded of your word to us, in stating that we should remember the benefits of knowing you, one among them being that you heal all our sickness and diseases, and that by the stripes of Christ we are in fact already being healed. Father, we ask now that you would watch over our fallen comrades and grant them good spirits so that they may heal with joy in their hearts, that you would grant peace to the families who care and worry so much about them, granting them confidence that despite pain and doubt, you are still in control and you have promised not to let your children be moved. We pray that you would grant the doctors and nurses vigilant wisdom and compassion in the skillful care of our friends and loved ones, so that they might recover quickly. Remind them oh Lord that you have promised that whatsoever they do unto the least of your children they have done also unto you, and that you have promised to greatly bless even the most meager of kindnesses. We ask oh Lord that you ease the financial burdens so that they are not beyond what we are able to bare, for it is written, I once was young and now I am old and I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread.
Lastly Oh Lord we ask these things based on no good thing we have done, nor anything that we or our injured brothers and sisters would or could claim we rightly deserve, but because of the promises contained in your WORD and our faith that you being can not lie. We ask these things that you would be honored by our lives being proof that you are worthy of glory because you keep your promises as evidence by the answer to these and all our prayers, and that perhaps someone might come to know and trust you more. We these and all other thing be granted by the authority of our relationship as servants and co laborers of your Son, the Lord Jesus the Christ.

Those that agree are free to say Amen.( Which means "so let it be")
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #44
848Brando
Senior Member
 
848Brando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 196

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2015 FJ-09
05 R6 (sold)
06 R1 (sold)
Duc 848 (Sold)






AMEN.
848Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #45
BryanE
CMRA #246
 
BryanE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 860

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 250 Race
2007 R6 Race
2007 Ninja 500 Race
2011 YZ450F SuperMoto
2012 CBR 250 Race

Member Garage





Amen brother, amen!
BryanE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #46
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "






Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
Dear Lord, our loving and merciful Father,
We thank you this day for the gifts of life, and prayer, knowing that as long as we have life and pray, you hear and answer our prayers. We give thanks oh Lord, for the several opportunities you have afforded us to enjoy with passion the sport of motorcycling. It is by you grace and mercies, which are new every morning that we are not consumed by the cares, affairs and dangers of life. Lord we know that the sport and recreation in which we engage comes with great responsibility and great risk, both of which we humbly accept leaning upon your hand of protection to stay those things over which we have no control, and to direct our judgment in the execution of those things which we do. We thank you Lord for all racers, riders friends and family who took to the track and by your grace made it home whole in mind, body and equipment.
We come to you this morning though, not for ourselves, but on behalf of those who found and exceeded the limits of grip but not your grace on yesterday. While we thank you that the injuries were no more severe than they were, we pray now that you would be reminded of your word to us, in stating that we should remember the benefits of knowing you, one among them being that you heal all our sickness and diseases, and that by the stripes of Christ we are in fact already being healed. Father, we ask now that you would watch over our fallen comrades and grant them good spirits so that they may heal with joy in their hearts, that you would grant peace to the families who care and worry so much about them, granting them confidence that despite pain and doubt, you are still in control and you have promised not to let your children be moved. We pray that you would grant the doctors and nurses vigilant wisdom and compassion in the skillful care of our friends and loved ones, so that they might recover quickly. Remind them oh Lord that you have promised that whatsoever they do unto the least of your children they have done also unto you, and that you have promised to greatly bless even the most meager of kindnesses. We ask oh Lord that you ease the financial burdens so that they are not beyond what we are able to bare, for it is written, I once was young and now I am old and I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread.
Lastly Oh Lord we ask these things based on no good thing we have done, nor anything that we or our injured brothers and sisters would or could claim we rightly deserve, but because of the promises contained in your WORD and our faith that you being can not lie. We ask these things that you would be honored by our lives being proof that you are worthy of glory because you keep your promises as evidence by the answer to these and all our prayers, and that perhaps someone might come to know and trust you more. We these and all other thing be granted by the authority of our relationship as servants and co laborers of your Son, the Lord Jesus the Christ.

Those that agree are free to say Amen.( Which means "so let it be")
Amen,
__________________
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #47
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown
 
Nastynesto85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: southeast
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,843

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)






Amen
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
When you park just put a work boot over the ignition they won't know what to do.



If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #48
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,385

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
YOU'RE the one who made the thread.
but if this was a true motorcycle community we wouldn't have to worry about that. But its not
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #49
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,677

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
but if this was a true motorcycle community we wouldn't have to worry about that. But its not
Hahaha

You're an idiot.
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #50
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw
 
Mr.337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: by MSRH
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,014

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)






All the trolls on this thread deserve to be beaten with a blunt object. This is about the riders and hoping they recover not how many posts you can have by your name. Like Peter said it's a private matter. If you do not know the riders just keep it to a simple answer "praying for you or get well" doesn't mean give your $.00000000002 because that's what it's worth trolls

definitely let me know Peter if anyone needs help I'm off until Friday and more than willing to help
__________________
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #51
dinosaur
Retired in place
 
dinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,312

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'05 Zx6-R (636)Sold









Count me in Kyle, I am off until ???
__________________
CMRA #414
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #52
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis
 
Schooley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 885

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R









Best wishes for all those involved, I would hate to add another "in memory of" sticker to the bike.
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #53
gots2no
Steve
 
gots2no's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 936

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'94 Kawasaki ZX6
'78 Yamaha XS750E (sold)
'82 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
'82 Yamaha XT200 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
Dear Lord, our loving and merciful Father...
Amen
gots2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #54
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I heard he had major pain near his lower back. Possible broken pelvis. Pretty nasty wreck...

Prayers sent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Crushed l5.

After I left there was another wreck that was way worse. Hope they make it! ...
Are you talking about the novice SSA restart wreck or the wreck that led to the restart?
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #55
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,677

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Racer View Post
Are you talking about the novice SSA restart wreck or the wreck that led to the restart?
The top quote? The restart.

You were looking pretty good out there.
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #56
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
The top quote? The restart.

You were looking pretty good out there.
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #57
clayp
Senior Member
 
clayp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 401

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 Brutale 800
2013 S1000rr
2006 CBR1000rr
2005 Ducati 749s
1993 CBR900rr project






FYI Lifeflight only transports to Hermann Hospital downtown. It does not direct to Ben Taub.
clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #58
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












Was a sketchy day forsure.
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #59
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
You were looking pretty good out there.
No, no. I'm fat and slow.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #60
Vilks
Senior Member
 
Vilks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston Westchase District
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 202

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW S1000RR '13









Quote:
Originally Posted by clayp View Post
FYI Lifeflight only transports to Hermann Hospital downtown. It does not direct to Ben Taub.
Also UTMB Galveston.

Last edited by Vilks; 09-22-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Vilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy