MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #41
WbDDoT
Brazoria County Bikers

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
1996 Yamaha YZ 125
1995 Suzuki GS600 Katana (Sold)
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Sold)

Anger issues?
WbDDoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP? NEED TICKET DISMISSED, HELP? troyrhomeo Off Topic 18 08-23-2010 03:52 PM
HELP! NEED TICKET DISMISSED. HELP! troyrhomeo Off Topic 2 08-22-2010 07:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #42
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastola View Post
Hahaha killyourself 2014 you cocksuckin piece of pig. Ida loved to
Murder em. Hope your whole family dies too. You are the weak link. Another reason why id love to
murder me some cops. I just wanna kill em ya know? Or is everyone you too too murder a ? Thats what it looks like to me. We should be murdering the cops.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #43
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Quote:
Murder em. Hope your whole family dies too. You are the weak link. Another reason why id love to
murder me some cops. I just wanna kill em ya know? Or is everyone you too too murder a ? Thats what it looks like to me. We should be murdering the cops.
EqRJH

kQWV2

JSBTl

wZuxj

8NAub

Last edited by r6racer; 09-19-2014 at 08:54 PM.
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:56 PM   #44
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

Okay, so why did this officer kill himself over this issue?

Guys, what you have to understand about all this is that this is more than simply perjury. This is potentially MUCH more than that.

What these officers were doing, with four people involved in a scheme that fraudulently took a great deal of money from the city, was a criminal conspiracy. At the very least, he was going to get nailed for some type of felony theft charge, embezzlement, something. At the worst, he was going to face some kind of racket charges, and that is federal.

This officer knew he was caught involved in something that not only would destroy his career, but would most likely result in prison time. He was toast, done, kaput.

That is the psychology behind him punching his own ticket. Being a cop gets in your blood. It's who you are. He was going to not only lose that, but become the complete opposite of what he was supposed to be representing and what he had held out to be for decades. Corrupt cop or not, he felt he was a cop, part of a fraternity, and now no longer.

I'm not mourning him, and I'm CERTAINLY not justifying what he did, I'm simply answering the question of why would he kill himself.

---

And also, to all the numbskulls using this as YET ANOTHER reason to hate cops, check it out... Guess who caught them?

Cops.

That's who I identify with. So hate away, all you're doing is driving wedges between yourself and those of us who actually do try to make our world a better place. Your call...

7ef578b4e668724485ba633629c5f960
LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #45
rhenriksen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
What these officers were doing, with four people involved in a scheme that fraudulently took a great deal of money from the city, was a criminal conspiracy. At the very least, he was going to get nailed for some type of felony theft charge, embezzlement, something. At the worst, he was going to face some kind of racket charges, and that is federal.

This officer knew he was caught involved in something that not only would destroy his career, but would most likely result in prison time. He was toast, done, kaput.
While I agree with your description above of how serious something like this is, there's a big disconnect w. the above and the 45 day suspension the last guilty officers suffered who pulled the same racket. What's up with that?
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #46
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

It probably was not the equivalent of organized crime for the 45 day guy. This is huge
Old 09-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #47
WbDDoT
Brazoria County Bikers

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
1996 Yamaha YZ 125

The last one was not any small raquet either....they accrued almost a million in overtime between the four
Old 09-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #48
WbDDoT
Brazoria County Bikers

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
1996 Yamaha YZ 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
It probably was not the equivalent of organized crime for the 45 day guy. This is huge
From 2008 to the present, the four officers who specialize in writing tickets together were paid $943,000 in overtime, city payroll records show.

The punishments handed down Sept. 4 by Police Chief Charles McClelland range from 20 to 45 days off without pay, concluding a lengthy investigation by HPD internal affairs triggered by tickets issued in April 2011.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #49
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Have you googled and read the original story about his suicide?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
Okay, so why did this officer kill himself over this issue?

Guys, what you have to understand about all this is that this is more than simply perjury. This is potentially MUCH more than that.

That is the psychology behind him punching his own ticket. Being a cop gets in your blood. It's who you are. He was going to not only lose that, but become the complete opposite of what he was supposed to be representing and what he had held out to be for decades. Corrupt cop or not, he felt he was a cop, part of a fraternity, and now no longer.

I'm not mourning him, and I'm CERTAINLY not justifying what he did, I'm simply answering the question of why would he kill himself.

---

And also, to all the numbskulls using this as YET ANOTHER reason to hate cops, check it out... Guess who caught them?

Cops.

That's who I identify with. So hate away, all you're doing is driving wedges between yourself and those of us who actually do try to make our world a better place. Your call...

Now THAT was a good post. It had substance and insight. Much better than Beavis's.

(for the record I'm still FTP but it really is refreshing to see someone who has, what appears to me, as a reasonable opinion of things)
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #50
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
You may be joking...but regardless, you are an idiot to post this.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #51
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

How's about you not get tickets. Seems simple enough
Old 09-19-2014, 11:15 PM   #52
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
While I agree with your description above of how serious something like this is, there's a big disconnect w. the above and the 45 day suspension the last guilty officers suffered who pulled the same racket. What's up with that?
It's really hard for me to say. I don't know the real details of the original case, and I'm not one of those who believes everything I read on the innerwebs, so I'm going to take a shot in the dark.

My best guess is that the first case you're referring to, the officers actually were working in tandem or as a group when they were issuing tickets, OR that the investigators could not prove they actually were not together. But it's not necessary to list another officer as a witness on a simple citation. One officer, the original, is all that is needed. So there may have been a procedural issue, a policy that says only one officer is needed on a routine ticket, but proving a criminal violation would be another matter entirely.

See what I mean? There is a difference between a policy violation and a law violation. One can get you fired. The other can get you jailed.

7ef578b4e668724485ba633629c5f960
LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:45 AM   #53
aznhero913
J.D.

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

Not a lawyer but I am a 3L who is green lighted in FL to appear in front of the bar.

I'd touch base w/ an attorney if you got a ticket from one of these guys. I don't know how Texas laws assess recuperating attorneys fees but it might be there in this case.

Statute of Limitations is different when fraud/perjury is involved so don't be turned away so easily.

There also may be a class action lawsuit against the city w/ punitive damages. So it's in your best interest to sit down w/ a lawyer and know what our legal options are.

If you guys wanna know where to look, start w/ Texas Criminal Procedure and Texas Civil Procedure. Texas Constitution. Jury instructions (this tells what the state needs to prove to find a person guilty beyond a reasonable) are good if the ticket doesn't get overturned and needs to go to trial.

Also, calling the clerks office is helpful as well.

BTW, I don't think this guy killed himself either... In a parking garage? Give me a fuckn' break. Sounds like he wanted out and he got lit up.
Random suicides out of the blue just b/c of a scandal are ULTRA rare.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #54
jwreck

Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple-sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
And these cops weren't writing bad tickets (in essence) the offenders were almost assuredly guilty of the things alleged in the tickets, the cops were just fleecing the system to get extra overtime. Not that I'm saying that's right.
I find this quite interesting. "Well sure he was completely dirty and scamming the system, but I doubt the dishonesty extended beyond that." WTF?? Really?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #55
Paul1098

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Multistrada S
Ducati 916 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
You may be joking...but regardless, you are an idiot to post this.
+1...an idiot and a douche bag
Paul1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #56
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznhero913 View Post

BTW, I don't think this guy killed himself either... In a parking garage? Give me a fuckn' break. Sounds like he wanted out and he got lit up.
Random suicides out of the blue just b/c of a scandal are ULTRA rare.
He got the call from his boys that all of them were being relieved of duty. Rudy checked out of court. Went to his shop which was parked on the 2nd floor of the garage, turned on his overheads, pulled his duty weapon out and inserted into his mouth then pulled the trigger.

An officer saw his lights on and went to see what was up and initially thought maybe a suspect was invloved. Then I guess he figured out what happened. No conspiracy theory. 6 kids,a wife and a girlfriend. I guess he figured out he was better off killing himself. Who knows.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #57
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
I find this quite interesting. "Well sure he was completely dirty and scamming the system, but I doubt the dishonesty extended beyond that." WTF?? Really?
Not saying he wasn't dirty or doing other malevolent things, but it's not hard to write speeding tickets. I imagine that as a cop there are so many potential violators that you pretty much have to look the other way most of the time because otherwise you'd be writing speeding tickets constantly.

I figure there's no reason to make up charges against speeding drivers when they're so easy to get legitimately. These guys were probably using justifiable tickets in order to rack up more overtime for each other.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #58
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Here's the big question I'd like to hear answered honestly. What's in it for the cops to go to the degree of fraud to get these tickets through? What do they gain to take this risk to write tickets? There has to be some benefit to cops if they write a certain number of tickets that is very lucrative.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #59
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
Here's the big question I'd like to hear answered honestly. What's in it for the cops to go to the degree of fraud to get these tickets through? What do they gain to take this risk to write tickets? There has to be some benefit to cops if they write a certain number of tickets that is very lucrative.
It's very clear in all the articles. They were listing each other as witnesses so they could go to court for the overtime.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #60
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
They did it for the overtime.

Advertisement