MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
TXdemRider
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

TXdemRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iron Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 08-10-2012 03:45 PM
Are you a member of the American Motorcyclist Association? Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 04-26-2011 05:20 PM
2007 Iron Ralley...on a ninja 250 !!?? ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 09-07-2007 07:05 AM
have an iron ? wanna ride across ScooterTrash Off Topic 2 05-04-2006 09:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

I did a 1000 miles in 23 hours on a scooter. No fame for me.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I did 1000 miles in 10hr 36min and they denied my entry. I kept all my receipts and GPS logged it too. They said I didn't do it legally so I didn't qualify.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #4
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

That's 143mpg.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #5
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I did 1000 miles in 10hr 36min and they denied my entry. I kept all my receipts and GPS logged it too. They said I didn't do it legally so I didn't qualify.
Nazis

I guess there is some specific protocol to follow?

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I guess so....I actually did over 2500 miles that weekend. Rode to Deals Gap, then all the roads around it, the Skyway, Blue Ridge etc...then rode home. It was a very memorable trip. I did get caught doing 90mph on the way home in Lousiana in a tropical storm. It was raining so bad that I removed my V1 Radar in put it in a ziplock bag to keep it dry.
Liked this post:
Old 09-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #7
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
Nazis

I guess there is some specific protocol to follow?
from their rules:
Quote:
Please remember that the Iron Association is dedicated to the sport of safe, long-distance motorcycle riding. It does not condone nor will it tolerate unsafe activities such as excessive speed (in many states, riding more than 20 miles per hour above the speed limit will also get you charged with reckless driving. Reckless driving is a serious charge in any jurisdiction. In many cases your motorcycle can be impounded and you will be required to return to court for a personal appearance at a hearing, irrespective of the distance you have to travel to appear or the hardship that it might entail. Few experiences in motorcycling are more memorable than an appearance in traffic court, particularly if your license hangs on the outcome), reckless motorcycle operation, riding while fatigued or otherwise impaired, the use of stimulants to maintain alertness, or any other activity that results in riders exceeding their personal limits. Any rider found to have engaged in these or other unsafe activities, as determined in the sole discretion of the IBA, will have their certification refused. If the certification is already issued and we find out about these infractions after the fact, the certification will be revoked (if you read Motorcyclist Magazine, you may have seen them burning an IBA certification when we revoked the certification of a noted staffer's ride). For these purposes, the IBA will consider as an admission of violating this policy any public statements made by the participant that describe participation in unsafe activities during a ride subject to certification.
1,000 miles over 10.5 hours (assuming NO stops) would mean averaging 95 mph. That alone is enough to provide reasonable doubt that you were well over 20mph over the speed limit for a lot of the time, which is grounds for denial of certification.

Advertisement