MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Oconer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2014 Yamaha FZ6R
2010 Honda CBR1000RR

I've tried everything!

Tried everything from adjusting the cable on the dial to changing the oil to adjusting clutch on right side fairing...

So here's my problem... 1st and second gear runs like a champ.. Once I get to 3rd at about 8k-8.5k RPMs them give it a nice wide open throttle the rpm would redline and I would shift up. Once I shift up into 4th it would hold that rpm at redline and would have to let off and throttle again and would feel normal. What could be going on? 1500 miles on my 2010 cbr 1000.

Also would like to add that my clutch lever feels really "squishy" and its right at the tightest setting on the dial. I've tried other clutches on other bikes last night and theirs was fine.. It felt like mine had too much play.

Don't know if that made sense but hope I could get some feedback.