MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 08:11 AM   #1
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
French GP FP2 order *spoiler*

Well this is interesting......................

FP2

Melandri
Pedrosa
Checa
edwards
Hopper
Stoner
Elias
Barros
Caparossi
De Puniet (thought he was out)
Rossi
Vermulen
Guintoli
Roberts
Tamada
Nakano
Hayden

Only Fp2, but nicky is in trouble.............
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indy GP FP2 *spoiler* Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 6 09-12-2008 07:57 PM
MOTOGP FP2 *Spoiler* alrova Taking it to the Track 13 07-20-2007 08:54 PM
Italian GP FP2 spolier**** Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 10 06-01-2007 09:27 PM
French GP Qualifying Spoiler***** Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 17 05-19-2007 02:54 PM
Turkey GP FP2 spoiler? Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 9 04-20-2007 05:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Wow! World champ on a factory honda in last place? Am I missing something?
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Hmmm, Rossi and Hayden went slower in FP2 than in FP1 while Pedrosa went faster and Stoner was the same.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Sucks for Hayden. He had a minor get-off early in the session. It looked like he was riding his #2 bike the rest of the time. Sucks BIGTIME after being 3rd fastest in FP1.

Toni Elias and Casey Stoner had another on-track 'meeting'. Casey is gonna kill Toni before this season is over. :laughing6 But in all fairness, I think this one was Casey's fault. He's becoming waayy too cocky.

Rossi's bike doesn't seem so good under braking here. It's gotten a bit unstable and he had to run wide a few times. And the Flintstones braking maneuver was classic. lol

Olivier Jacque (the human bowling ball) is the one out at Kawasaki. Fonsi Nieto is filling in.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #5
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Great update Arturo
Old 05-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #6
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

I'm pullin' for Stoner...

I don't think Nicky will be on a Honda in 2008... atleast not in MotoGP.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #7
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Whered you all get this info from??I was looking in speed channel but apparently they dont broadcast the fp
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #8
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
Whered you all get this info from??I was looking in speed channel but apparently they dont broadcast the fp
www.motogp.com - results link on the left side.
http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/moto...m?menu=results
Old 05-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #9
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

i think nicky is placing too much pessure on himself to prove he earned that title.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #10
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

this is from the BARF forum, Liam, the MotoGP Insider for those of us who are less fortunate than he...

"I have to admit a strange sense of calm about the whole Rossi/Stoner battles. Everything is fluid, everything can change in one race.

I do see Stoner riding extremely well, and the package is coming good, but moreso I see the personality behind the tv and his confidence is not purely based on the bike or the team. He's ready to go, he's ready to fight.

And Rossi? What a champion! Previous riders who have beaten the Doctor in the four stroke era are far and few between, Barros, Gibernau, Biaggi, Tamada, Elias, Hayden, Pedrosa, and lately, Stoner. I'm sure I've missed some, but you get the idea. Less than half the grid has put one up on him, and no matter what, even if Rossi doesn't make the podium at the finish, the bottom line in MotoGP is that when you go racing you are not trying to beat anyone except the Doctor.

That Ducati have faced three separate technical inspections is both fantastic and sickening. I am so proud of Corse for getting it right, and sadly, I am disappointed by the J Giants, for demanding the inspections because they're trying every last little thing to get over on Ducati. When Honda was dominating GP's in '02,'03, and '04, did you ever hear of another factory filing a complaint for an inspection? When Rossi was riding the Yamaha to victory after victory, did Honda ask for a trackside tear-down? It is, in my mind, poor sportmanship. I only hope Corse keeps it up with the development, as the '08 models should be ready for tracktime by mid-June. We'll see, because as it stands now, we have Rossi riding with the fight of his career ahead of him, and THAT makes for quality racing.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
yeah, i read some articles about them requesting inspections on the DUC's, what a bunch of loosers
Old 05-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #12
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

it's just too hard to predict anyone other than stoner winning at this point in the game, His Ducati is very fast on the straights so, i'm gonna reserve my prediction for him. Although it would be great to see Hopper up on the podium again, and again, and again..

He deserves some recognition for hangin in there..

Colin sure is a strong starter but, always falls back after the first 10 or so laps, if it were a relay endurance, his team would have a good shot at a podium everytime. Too bad he can't hold that pace for the whole race.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #13
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
this is from the BARF forum, Liam, the MotoGP Insider for those of us who are less fortunate than he...

"I have to admit a strange sense of calm about the whole Rossi/Stoner battles. Everything is fluid, everything can change in one race.

I do see Stoner riding extremely well, and the package is coming good, but moreso I see the personality behind the tv and his confidence is not purely based on the bike or the team. He's ready to go, he's ready to fight.

And Rossi? What a champion! Previous riders who have beaten the Doctor in the four stroke era are far and few between, Barros, Gibernau, Biaggi, Tamada, Elias, Hayden, Pedrosa, and lately, Stoner. I'm sure I've missed some, but you get the idea. Less than half the grid has put one up on him, and no matter what, even if Rossi doesn't make the podium at the finish, the bottom line in MotoGP is that when you go racing you are not trying to beat anyone except the Doctor.

That Ducati have faced three separate technical inspections is both fantastic and sickening. I am so proud of Corse for getting it right, and sadly, I am disappointed by the J Giants, for demanding the inspections because they're trying every last little thing to get over on Ducati. When Honda was dominating GP's in '02,'03, and '04, did you ever hear of another factory filing a complaint for an inspection? When Rossi was riding the Yamaha to victory after victory, did Honda ask for a trackside tear-down? It is, in my mind, poor sportmanship. I only hope Corse keeps it up with the development, as the '08 models should be ready for tracktime by mid-June. We'll see, because as it stands now, we have Rossi riding with the fight of his career ahead of him, and THAT makes for quality racing.
Okay... where'd you copy/paste that from?!?! :laughing6 :icon_bigg
Good post!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #14
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

"Liams wild ride" thread from BARF forum.. Its a long read but basically, this guy sold everything he owned, moved to Barcelona and got a job as a Tech for Pramac Danti`n Ducati. Here's his FULL story.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...pagenumber=178

GOOBER, you thought i wrote that myself?? :laughing6 :laughing6 We don't know the half of whats going on over there.:eh: This thread is very insightful.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:49 PM   #15
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:

Speed barely shows the race.

That they air commercials DURING the race is just a shame.

They could at least pause the race during commercials and then resume live action after the break, right?

MotoGP.com FTW?

edit: I mean, you get just about as much coverage in the MotoGP video games after you win a race on champion.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"

Last edited by cashtown; 05-18-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: add:
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #16
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:

I watched it live.. streaming from motogp.com
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement