Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #21
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
You're first post doesn't mention the other car...
1. It's "Your"
2. My post does include this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You can't beat a F1 on a road course
That's pretty clear if English is your first language

You're welcome
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
#787 CMRA TWS (Texas World Speedway) F1 Novice/Rookie Expert Race 19 Round 2 r6racer Taking it to the Track 2 03-30-2015 10:13 AM
Watching F1 Race Tonight z0sum General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-04-2014 08:33 PM
Cresson F1 Race video S.D.W. Taking it to the Track 8 09-03-2012 12:36 PM
Supercar's NoFear Off Topic 9 07-14-2008 07:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #22
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
I passed you so fast, it sucked the ugly orange paint off your slow KTM. That was after I had to unplug a spark plug to try and make it fair
You passed me so fast because you were going the wrong way around the track. Like in those moon landing fake movies -If you look real close and go frame-by-frame in that video, you can actually see some blurry areas were I was riding my KTM and beating all of them, but they tried to delete my image because I'm the KTM secret weapon. Where as you're the Ducati secret tampon.

Dirty
Ugly
Crappy
Ass
Testicle
................. couldn't come up with anything for " I " It's a stupid letter anyway. No stupid letters in KTM.
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #23
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
You passed me so fast because you were going the wrong way around the track. Like in those moon landing fake movies -If you look real close and go frame-by-frame in that video, you can actually see some blurry areas were I was riding my KTM and beating all of them, but they tried to delete my image because I'm the KTM secret weapon. Where as you're the Ducati secret tampon.

Dirty
Ugly
Crappy
Ass
Testicle
................. couldn't come up with anything for " I " It's a stupid letter anyway. No stupid letters in KTM.
Infection
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:19 AM   #24
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











INFECTION !!!!!!
YA GOTTA LOVE IT
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #25
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
So why complain about the motorcycle used if the fastest one would still lose?

For sure....


sure would have been a different outcome with Stoner on a Grom....
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #26
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,981

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
1. It's "Your"
2. My post does include thisThat's pretty clear if English is your first language

You're welcome
Thank you grammar police.

We were talking about the result between the bike and the v8 super car when you said your first post was very clear. Once again you didn't mention that in your first post.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #27
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
Thank you grammar police.

We were talking about the result between the bike and the v8 super car when you said your first post was very clear. Once again you didn't mention that in your first post.
FTGP


__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:21 PM   #28
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
Thank you grammar police.

We were talking about the result between the bike and the v8 super car when you said your first post was very clear. Once again you didn't mention that in your first post.
Who the is "we", your invisible friend? There's no talking on this forum, only text. I made a post on the thread before you pulled the sheets out of your this morning. There's a whole bunch of in the video that's obvious and doesn't need to be described in detail to be understand by normal persons which is who my posts are directed to.

You're providing evidence to back up your argument that a MotoGP bike couldn't win a race against a F1 car on a road circuit when there is not a single post on this thread making a case that a MotoGP bike can.

I even pointed out that the F1 car was "sandbagging" the start. You understand what I meant by that term, right?

We understand that you're lonely over there in Beaumont. You'll be ok
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #29
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money
 
cashtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hunt, TX HWY 39
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,955

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E









Quote:
Originally Posted by hes View Post
Why would they use and F1, a super car and a street legal motorcycle? If they were able to make this, how hard would it be to bring a GP bike? Not sure it would have changed the results, just that it would be nicer to watch
That's what I was thinking. F1 cars at faster than GP bikes at circuits that they race commonly, but it would have been cooler to have a real race bike rather than a street bike. 4 tires and more power = faster.

One thing they didn't say was, "well, the bike did pretty well considering that it cost less than the brake rotors on the F1 car."
__________________
freak20brothers



Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #30
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,981

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Who the is "we", your invisible friend? There's no talking on this forum, only text. I made a post on the thread before you pulled the sheets out of your this morning. There's a whole bunch of in the video that's obvious and doesn't need to be described in detail to be understand by normal persons which is who my posts are directed to.

You're providing evidence to back up your argument that a MotoGP bike couldn't win a race against a F1 car on a road circuit when there is not a single post on this thread making a case that a MotoGP bike can.

I even pointed out that the F1 car was "sandbagging" the start. You understand what I meant by that term, right?

We understand that you're lonely over there in Beaumont. You'll be ok
I'm surprised you find it necessary to argue semantics and when you made a post. Neither of which have any bearing on this texting.

I provided evidence that other cars besides an f1 will beat a motogp bike, or did you not actually look at the article.

You said "because there is another car in the race, duh. My first post is pretty clear." This would lead anyone to assume that you were clear about stating there is another car in your first post and that if stoner was on a motogp bike he would have beat that car. Your first post does not cover any of that.

Also how did you feel when a bunch of Mormons beat you at football. Hook 'em right?
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #31
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
I'm surprised you find it necessary to argue semantics and when you made a post. Neither of which have any bearing on this texting.

I provided evidence that other cars besides an f1 will beat a motogp bike, or did you not actually look at the article.

You said "because there is another car in the race, duh. My first post is pretty clear." This would lead anyone to assume that you were clear about stating there is another car in your first post and that if stoner was on a motogp bike he would have beat that car. Your first post does not cover any of that.

Also how did you feel when a bunch of Mormons beat you at football. Hook 'em right?
I only see two cars in the video before my first post. Do you have lap times for that particular supercar on a track that has held MotoGP races? You're the only person that saw this post and came up with your weird assumption.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You can't beat a F1 on a road course, even with that CBR1000RR
Marquez's Honda RC213V would make it more of a fair fight.
The F1 was sandbagging the start
I'll help you out and break this post ^^^ down for you.

1. A F1 can't be beaten by a production based vehicle on a road circuit
2. A RC213V would make that race more of a fair fight. You did see the the car that was behind the CBR for most of the race, right?
3. The F1 "slowly" accelerated at the start by F1 standards.

Hate to break it to you, but BYU's best players aren't Mormon

Let me know when they win their first national championship or when you earn a degree from BYU
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #32
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,981

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







So I'll admit I didn't watch in this thread I only saw it when it originally aired. A few things, v8 driver complained at how hard it was to make a clean pass on stoner and pretty sure that was staged in normal top gear fashion. They wouldn't roll across the finish like that if they were going all out.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #33
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





If only a r6 with suspension and tires was involved. That f1 car would have gotten smoked
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:51 PM   #34
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,981

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







If it was anything besides a honda the bike would have won.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #35
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,270


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
You passed me so fast because you were going the wrong way around the track. Like in those moon landing fake movies -If you look real close and go frame-by-frame in that video, you can actually see some blurry areas were I was riding my KTM and beating all of them, but they tried to delete my image because I'm the KTM secret weapon. Where as you're the Ducati secret tampon.

Dirty
Ugly
Crappy
Ass
Testicle
................. couldn't come up with anything for " I " It's a stupid letter anyway. No stupid letters in KTM.
Yeah?
Well KTM stands for gay Ford is a slow orange pos. Yep... that's what KTM stands for.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #36
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











^^^^
Owners manual says it stands for Peace, Justice and the American way.
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #37
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,270


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Typical ktm, even the owners manual is lies
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #38
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
If it was anything besides a honda the bike would have won.
This from a guy whose Honda riding experience is a Grom
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #39
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,270


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
This from a guy whose Honda riding experience is a Grom
Easy now, grom is the closest thing to a good bike Honda ever made.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #40
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Easy now, grom is the closest thing to a good bike Honda ever made.
I agree, most of their bikes are beyond good. Goldwings and CBRs are excellent!

Their RC213V is unbeatable
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy