Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #21
HoustonHD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Copperfield (Cypress)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,038


Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I don't hide behind a keyboard. I always introduce myself as "Bevo" every time I'm on a group ride or MH event.

No one wants to take responsibility for their actions anymore. It's ridiculous to defend someone just because they ride a motorcycle. Plenty of motorcycle thieves ride motorcycles.
Someone does something stupid it gets reported and it's always the media's fault. If the media wanted to sensationalize the story they could have written something idiotic like "Glocks are the weapon of choice of thugs". If they wanted to sensationalize it they could have made reference to this idiot as being a preacher and posted a link and pictures from he website. Let's blame the messenger for what this dumbass has done.

Sorry if I offended you but your certainly offended me because you want to defend this dumbass or minimalize what he did.

You may be surprised to hear that I actually agree with what you just posted. I wasn't defending him as he deserves to get what the law will allow for punishment. My opinion didn't come through as clear as I intended I guess. The jist is that everyone makes mistakes and yes he could have killed someone. Many have made the same or similar mistake of driving after a drink too many. He got caught so he has to pay the price.

The rub are the ones who claim to have never done no wrong and especially the ones who claim that was so dangerous but deny the weekend racing on public streets is safe.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #22
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
The rub are the ones who claim to have never done no wrong and especially the ones who claim that was so dangerous but deny the weekend racing on public streets is safe.
Who's made that claim? Drinking and riding is a choice. Doing triple digits is a choice. Misspelling a word is a mistake.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #23
HoustonHD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Copperfield (Cypress)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,038


Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Who's made that claim? Drinking and riding is a choice. Doing triple digits is a choice. Misspelling a word is a mistake.

There have been multiple gopro vids of guys riding faster than legal on public roads posted to MH. Just b/c someone says "but I was sober" doesn't mean that they weren't a danger. Sober people sometimes fall into the belief that just b/c they are sober that they can ride recklessly and handle things. If that were really the case then no sober person would ever have a single vehicle accident would they?

Actually as for mistakes and choices, it could be said that a mistake is something that you did not intend. Drinking past the point where your judgement is impaired to make the correct decision can be a mistake. While there are exceptions to everything, I believe that most of the time people don't set out and say "I'm gonna get shitfaced and drive today!!!" Its far more likely that they have too many and think "I'm fine". Because their judgement is impaired, their decision to ride or not is mistaken.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #24
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
There have been multiple gopro vids of guys riding faster than legal on public roads posted to MH. Just b/c someone says "but I was sober" doesn't mean that they weren't a danger. Sober people sometimes fall into the belief that just b/c they are sober that they can ride recklessly and handle things. If that were really the case then no sober person would ever have a single vehicle accident would they?

Actually as for mistakes and choices, it could be said that a mistake is something that you did not intend. Drinking past the point where your judgement is impaired to make the correct decision can be a mistake. While there are exceptions to everything, I believe that most of the time people don't set out and say "I'm gonna get shitfaced and drive today!!!" Its far more likely that they have too many and think "I'm fine". Because their judgement is impaired, their decision to ride or not is mistaken.
1. Yeah, I know folks ride double digits and post videos, but who is claiming that it is safe?

2. I doubt it was this first time to get drunk. He's a grown man. If he's not smart enough to know when to stop he shouldn't drink and ride in the first place.

I know my limits, but I still won't drink and ride. I won't drink and fire a weapon. He's an idiot, that's why he's got another mug shot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #25
HoustonHD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Copperfield (Cypress)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,038


Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
1. Yeah, I know folks ride double digits and post videos, but who is claiming that it is safe?

2. I doubt it was this first time to get drunk. He's a grown man. If he's not smart enough to know when to stop he shouldn't drink and ride in the first place.

I know my limits, but I still won't drink and ride. I won't drink and fire a weapon. He's an idiot, that's why he's got another mug shot.
1. the ones posting the vids are the first to say "I can handle it though"

2. I don't have insight to his record so I can't make an informed statement about it. As far as being smart enough, if it were a matter of intelligence then "smart" people wouldn't get a dui would they. I've know what I would consider smart people to do stupid things before. It happens. The thing about mistakes is to learn from them and (hopefully) not repeat them. It doesn't always happen though.

He may be an idiot. I don't know him or his history so I can't really determine an opinion. I am willing though to speculate that maybe he just made a mistake (or bad decision). I know I have before.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #26
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
I know I have before.
Then if you still drink and ride that's your choice. Repetitive bad behavior is not a mistake.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #27
j_e_hurst
Josh
 
j_e_hurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,251

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
He can argue that he is in his vehicle unless he has a felony
He was involved in another crime (the DWI) so it's automatically unlawful carry, even if he had a chl. This isnt the actual law but it's written something like if you're engaged in any crime other than a class BLANK misdemeanor (whichever the lowest misdemeanor is, which is equal to a speeding ticket) it's unlawful to carry a firearm.
__________________
JoshSigpic zps240ea710
j_e_hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #28
j_e_hurst
Josh
 
j_e_hurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,251

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I don't hide behind a keyboard. I always introduce myself as "Bevo" every time I'm on a group ride or MH event.

No one wants to take responsibility for their actions anymore. It's ridiculous to defend someone just because they ride a motorcycle. Plenty of motorcycle thieves ride motorcycles.
Someone does something stupid it gets reported and it's always the media's fault. If the media wanted to sensationalize the story they could have written something idiotic like "Glocks are the weapon of choice of thugs". If they wanted to sensationalize it they could have made reference to this idiot as being a preacher and posted a link and pictures from he website. Let's blame the messenger for what this dumbass has done.

Sorry if I offended you but your certainly offended me because you want to defend this dumbass or minimalize what he did.
I didn't know your real name for a while. Not until you got in to your wreck.
__________________
JoshSigpic zps240ea710
j_e_hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #29
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,126

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








That's why it's critical to beat the dwi charge
__________________
"Just curious,wife turns 40 soon. And I have a bucket list to accomplish. She can get frisky after a few drinks which I haven't used to my full advantage, YET!"
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #30
Japawhat02
02 Tona
 
Japawhat02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: P-land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,941

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona









One again I say "I miss the old MH". SMH
__________________
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #31
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 12,031

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50



Can anyone point me to a thread that doesn't contain people arguing back and forth?
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #32
j_e_hurst
Josh
 
j_e_hurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,251

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
That's why it's critical to beat the dwi charge
So if he were to beat the DWI the unlawful Casey would likely go away?
__________________
JoshSigpic zps240ea710
j_e_hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #33
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,678

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "






Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
Dude got drunk and got on his bike. If that's the worst he's done then he needs to practice more.
Yep. We need to invite him to come to the European bike night He sure needs more practice drinking and riding
__________________
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #34
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
Can anyone point me to a thread that doesn't contain people arguing back and forth?
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292507

You're welcome
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #35
kingworm
last seen being stupid
 
kingworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 426

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
92 vulcan vn 750
1981 cb 400








Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
Can anyone point me to a thread that doesn't contain people arguing back and forth?
i think theres a repost of a cool helmet thread a few hundred pages back with no argument
__________________
th?idHN608024527291616749&amppid151&ampP0
kingworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:32 AM   #36
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,678

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "






Quote:
Originally Posted by kingworm View Post
i think theres a repost of a cool helmet thread a few hundred pages back with no argument
for sale threads?
__________________
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #37
Jae
Kilted Basterd
 
Jae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 5,076

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
Maybe you would rather have him diddling a choirboy (which the Catholic church is famous for) or maybe getting caught with a prostitute//embezzling money (which many Protestant preachers are famous for)?

Dude got drunk and got on his bike. If that's the worst he's done then he needs to practice more. No one is perfect and for sure especially the ones who claim to be "religious" aren't.
Didn't say I'd rather have him committing any other crime. Fact is, regardless of being a minister, he has kids. I can't speak for him, but having a couple of kids has sure caused me to at least think twice about some of the decisions I make, especially when it has come to drinking. At some point you have to grow up.

On top of that (WARNING: I'm about to make an assumption), I'd be willing to wager that if he was riding while intoxicated, there's a better than 50% chance that he was coming from a bar, WITH a gun.

This is not a single bad decision, this is several. Yeah, people make mistakes. Some people are expected to uphold a higher standard, ministers being one of those (whether it's fair or not) in my opinion.

With the internet being what it is, it's not easy to conceal something like this, even if he beats it. It doesn't exactly help your ministry to make decisions like this guy just made.
__________________
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #38
HoustonHD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Copperfield (Cypress)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,038


Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!








Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Didn't say I'd rather have him committing any other crime. Fact is, regardless of being a minister, he has kids. I can't speak for him, but having a couple of kids has sure caused me to at least think twice about some of the decisions I make, especially when it has come to drinking. At some point you have to grow up.

On top of that (WARNING: I'm about to make an assumption), I'd be willing to wager that if he was riding while intoxicated, there's a better than 50% chance that he was coming from a bar, WITH a gun.

This is not a single bad decision, this is several. Yeah, people make mistakes. Some people are expected to uphold a higher standard, ministers being one of those (whether it's fair or not) in my opinion.

With the internet being what it is, it's not easy to conceal something like this, even if he beats it. It doesn't exactly help your ministry to make decisions like this guy just made.

My post was said in jest. and I agree with you. thanks to the interwebs, can haunt you a lot easier than ever before.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy