MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #21
MoreyFan

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR
Ducati Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
I've called GE and they have no record of my VIN in their system.
Did your salesmen look like this are was he carrying an incredibly dull pencil?

Filmjerry
MoreyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
03 750 need guidance on smoking Nystyle_Protég How To's and Q & A's 5 05-13-2015 08:36 AM
When is the best time to buy a new bike from the dealership? JudasViet General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 06-02-2013 01:31 AM
looking for guidance Rorschach General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 05-05-2013 10:43 PM
anyone work for a bike dealership? triumphant675r General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 11-22-2010 12:47 PM
cost for parts to fix my bike FROM DEALERSHIP MeetJoeAsian General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 05-03-2005 07:23 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #22
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Fancy is not the word I would of used.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #23
bryan954
blank

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DRZ400SM
KTM 1290 Duke
crf 50

It took four months to get my title from Honda of Houston, had to get the GM involved and he got it straightened out quickly.
bryan954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #24
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
Fancy is not the word I would of used.
Yeah bud that was a bit of sarcasm.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #25
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

I financed a private party car purchase through my credit union, signed papers 6/22 of this year. The "current" registration on the car expired 7/31. After multiple visits to the branch and numerous phone calls, I finally got a call yesterday (9/4) that they had my registration sticker. The lady sounded kind of upset, like she'd had to make a special trip to the tax office "just for me" to get my sticker. Here I thought I'd been irresponsible in taking 4 weeks to get a title transfer taken care of. I'd already made three car payments to them before they got the paperwork done.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #26
_Iceman_
Aerobatics Junkie

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda ZR50
Blata 2.5

sometimes it takes 45 days before your payment is due. I guess it gives them time to get themselves sorted. I would definitely get on it caue you are still paying interest during all of this "prep" time.

www.s2kdj.com
_Iceman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #27
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

So I still haven't received anything as far as a note for this bike but I did get a call from the finance manager. He told me there was an issue with the title (?) but everything is squared away and that also there will be a new contract to sign.

At first i was like wtf? Sounds like a trap to get more money out of me. So he emails me the new contract which I compared to what I originally signed. The only difference is the APR which is 7 points less that what I originally signed for. So he said he was able to save me money but in reality they ran my credit again and the bank came back with a new offer.

Not sure what to say to all that but I thought what if I didn't like the new contract? Could I have not signed, returned the bike, and buy another with 0 miles again? lol

Either way I signed the new contract and will now look out for a note should it ever decided to come.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #28
rhenriksen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

Sounds like the finance dept at the dealership accidentally dropped the original loan paperwork into the shredder, and had to start all over again.
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #29
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

I bought a bike in April, didnt get tags till July...from that fancy dealership
Old 11-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #30
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
So I still haven't received anything as far as a note for this bike but I did get a call from the finance manager. He told me there was an issue with the title (?) but everything is squared away and that also there will be a new contract to sign.

At first i was like wtf? Sounds like a trap to get more money out of me. So he emails me the new contract which I compared to what I originally signed. The only difference is the APR which is 7 points less that what I originally signed for. So he said he was able to save me money but in reality they ran my credit again and the bank came back with a new offer.

Not sure what to say to all that but I thought what if I didn't like the new contract? Could I have not signed, returned the bike, and buy another with 0 miles again? lol

Either way I signed the new contract and will now look out for a note should it ever decided to come.

SEVEN POINTS?!?!?!? man, how high a rate were you financed for??? Last bike I financed was at 3.5%.

Look into a credit union for bike & car financing. Seriously save some cash.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #31
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
SEVEN POINTS?!?!?!? man, how high a rate were you financed for??? Last bike I financed was at 3.5%.

Look into a credit union for bike & car financing. Seriously save some cash.
It's down to 4% now. I wasn't too worried about it though since I put money down even though it was not required by the bank. Plan to have it paid off before the life of the loan. My credit is in the 700's which is why I was a little shocked by the initial apr. Car purchases have always been 1-3% apr as well.

Advertisement