MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 11:37 PM   #41
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowkat
Get a f*cking clue people....You leave your bike with $1000's of dollars in ebay body work just sitting around, outside, over nite at your apartment, or in you carport, IT'S GOING TO GET F*CKING JACKED!!..I assume you haven't figured it with the last 50 posted starting out with "OMG!! My -insert bike here- was stolen from [i]-name of apartment complex-[/]!!!!!!! Help!!!!"

bikes can be stolen from anywhere, and in broad day light, not just at your house at night.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stolen bike joeburt1 Stolen Bike Reports 12 11-22-2014 04:45 PM
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
What do you do if your bike is stolen from a local bike shop? Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 06-14-2011 09:44 AM
STOLEN BIKE!!! vmaxgirl Stolen Bike Reports 209 03-08-2010 03:24 PM
stolen bike norcalgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 57 08-08-2008 09:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2007, 11:54 PM   #42
eugene

Feedback Rating: (0)

man sucks to hear that!
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:52 AM   #43
GuzziGirl

Bike(s):
Guzzi Ducati Gxer750 Honda CBR600RR

Man ... we need to all keep our eyes open

... and maybe even maybe set up more eyes for our bikes.

I was thinking of you guys living in apartments. When you have your bikes out there ... even if someone would witness someone watching or getting too close to your bike .. they would not autoatically know what number to call or what door to knock on either ... I think it might be worth a shot talking to ya all neighbors... or posting the apartment number or something ... or look into the Italian's alarm systems ... my friends in italy deal with steeling like there is no tomorrow ... they have some very loud very sophisticated devices ... something perhaps to be considered if this continues ...
For some of you who go on trips and may need a spot I do have garage space for back up .... should have more space .... if i can ever get the garage done ... eheheh ..

Again ... sorry for your baby will ... keep positive hopes it returning home ... helena got hers a few days later just last week ...

:( sylvie
GuzziGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #44
GSXRLacey
Shooter

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
01' Gixxer 750 Heavily Modded

Get an alarm with a paging system! Catch them in the act! and get yourself a 12 gauge shotgun!

Shooter

GSXRLacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #45
RogerT
Marine & Army Dad

Bike(s):
01 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic FI 1500

Hope you get some kind of revenge, good luck
Old 05-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #46
level5
moving chicane

I have an idea for y'all. Contact houseofpain(MHmember) to sell you a vinyl sticker that says Protected by LOJack. Have it place on your bike somewhere(windscreen) thieves know that the bike has lojack and it will reduced the chance of being stolen. Would you still a bike if it is protected by Lojack????
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #47
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRLacey
Get an alarm with a paging system! Catch them in the act! and get yourself a 12 gauge shotgun!

Shooter
thats what i have but with a 6mm remington deer rifle.... should do the trick when they hear that bolt action!!
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #48
level5
moving chicane

Put all your guns and knife away people. I guaranteed that you will not do the deed when you are in the situation. There is more liability to shooting the thief than most people realized and when is it gonna happen? Protect the property with proper gear or equipment. Insurance is the best protection.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #49
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Put all your guns and knife away people. I guaranteed that you will not do the deed when you are in the situation. There is more liability to shooting the thief than most people realized and when is it gonna happen? Protect the property with proper gear or equipment. Insurance is the best protection.
i doubt i'd have to shoot them, just hearing the bolt slam shut on that thing and them looking down the barrel should be enough
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:37 PM   #50
Paradox

Bike(s):
VT750, CRF450R (For Sale)

One of my buddies way back when I was on the force heard someone trying to jack his personal bike. He grabbed his baton and chased the ****er down on foot and gave him a beating the like he's never seen before.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #51
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

lol yea my M1A would probably do the trick. But its a big pup so I sleep near my colt.

Buuuuuuuuuttttttt, I don't have to worry about that. I have lowjack and full coverage. My bike is my baby, but steal it and I'll be cool...I'll just get a brand new one...and THATS why they charge me $3500/yr for insurance....or maybe because I'm 20??? You be the judge.

Sorry about your bike man, hope it all works itself out.
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #52
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

User is banned

Tango1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #53
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

sorry to hear about it, hope you recover it
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #54
Yagobg

Bike(s):
GSXR 600

I'm thinking of getting a gun....
Because the night the bike was stolen I was home around 11:00PM and I went to a friends house, Came back home at 3:00am Exit door on the complex wide open, my bike gone ...the only thing that was there was the cut chain. Used it to chain the bike to the carport. That got me thinking if I came back earlier and see a guy cuting the chain ....What I'm sure they have something on them ...probebly he was going to ask for the keys

Anyway I"M GETTING A GUN
Yagobg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #55
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagobg
I'm thinking of getting a gun....
Because the night the bike was stolen I was home around 11:00PM and I went to a friends house, Came back home at 3:00am Exit door on the complex wide open, my bike gone ...the only thing that was there was the cut chain. Used it to chain the bike to the carport. That got me thinking if I came back earlier and see a guy cuting the chain ....What I'm sure they have something on them ...probebly he was going to ask for the keys

Anyway I"M GETTING A GUN

lo-jack is cheaper than a well made weapon, and you wont shoot yourself in the foot with it.. let the cops chase it down man. we dont want you going to jail for it...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #56
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

LOJACK is the !!
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote